My 9K Post

Stillwater

... and as you can expect from me I also took some RL pictures for my motivation. This time we fly from @Fischkopps home airport, the recently renamed EDDH...

2017-4-21_19-51EDDH.jpg

Not enough traffic in the sim, in contrast to RL. But I prefer to reduce VAS usage until we get 64bits...

2017-4-21_19-52EDDH.jpg
2017-4-21_19-53rl.jpg

Some other thing that is always missing in the sim is the lounge view. I fear this will stay even with 64bit ;).

2017-4-21_19-54lounge.jpg

OK, ready to taxi.

2017-4-21_20-7Ready4taxi.jpg

This was one of the RL birds I used for this route recently.

2017-4-21_20-8rl.jpg

Take off with Hamburg downtown view.

2017-4-21_20-20Hamburg.jpg
2017-4-21_20-21rl.jpg

Altona and the harbour.

2017-4-21_20-22Altona.jpg
2017-4-21_20-22rl.jpg

The Volksparkstadion just above the cockpit.

2017-4-21_20-24Volkspark.jpg

Peacefully cruising over Schleswig-Holstein, with realistic colours.

2017-4-21_20-29Schleswig-Holstein.jpg

Copenhagen comes into view...

2017-4-21_21-2Copenhagen.jpg

... and, on final into the 22s, the Öresund bridge.

2017-4-21_21-12Oresund.jpg
2017-4-21_21-12Oresurl.jpg

A windfarm ahead...

2017-4-21_21-13Windfarm.jpg
2017-4-21_21-13Windrl.jpg

... and the Copenhagen opera house.

2017-4-21_21-14Opera.jpg
2017-4-21_21-14Operrl.jpg

Touchdown...

2017-4-21_21-15EKCH.jpg

... and ready to deboard.

2017-4-21_21-35deboardnow.jpg
2017-4-21_21-36unboard.jpg
2017-4-21_21-37rl.jpg

Now heading for some Öl and seafood...

Absolutely amazing post Gerold!  Congratulations on your 9000th!

I love the juxtaposition of your posts with the real life photos included, and it is also just great to see real life photos with anything aviation related.

That lounge on the roof looks like an amazing place to sit and relax and spot planes for a while.

Thanks for sharing your screenies and photos in such an informative way.  I hope to see many more.

Cheers,

Congratulations Gerald, you're a master of the flight sim comparison shots, your knowledge of where you fly is amazing, it's that link with the real world that makes our flights just thar much better, our virtual flights are somehow more real.

looking forward to the next 9k

cheers

Ken

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots and well done on reaching 9000.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain. I know 9000 is your weekly number, but for me it is quite an achievement...

7 hours ago, scottharmes6 said:

Absolutely amazing post Gerold!  Congratulations on your 9000th!

I love the juxtaposition of your posts with the real life photos included, and it is also just great to see real life photos with anything aviation related.

That lounge on the roof looks like an amazing place to sit and relax and spot planes for a while.

Thanks for sharing your screenies and photos in such an informative way.  I hope to see many more.

Cheers,

T´was a cold day in the lounge, so nobody out there. But after the construction work is finished, it would be a good spooter place.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Congrats on 9K Gerold!  And it's always a real thrill to see your unique mix of real and Orbx.  Some are so close what it does is make me realize just how hard these guys work to get it right.  Best wishes!

I am also always surprised to see the good fit, thank you Jack!

6 hours ago, teecee said:

As always mate, magic. I especially like 6 and 7 (the city shots), And hope I am still around when we see cities like that in the sim.. Teecee.

If I would have gotten the light (time) better, that shot would already show great satisfaction. The house blocks, river, roads - matched so well. So I would say NOW is the time we see it.

6 hours ago, jmbiii said:

Really super shots. I really like to see that the sim almost mimics the real.

Or the other way round, thank you JMB!

3 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Absolutely stunning captures Gerold for 9K.......P.S. you fly real world more than anyone I know.....I need that job :)

Thanks, Sammy. it is just a compilation of some years. But I was taking lots of pictures in those years, indeed...

2 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Awesome compilated set again Gerold!

Thank you, Dolf!

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Super Shots ... Very well done on reaching 9,000 Gerold :rolleyes:

Thank you, Mikee, the next mark will be more exciting...

1 hour ago, Ken Hall said:

Congratulations Gerald, you're a master of the flight sim comparison shots, your knowledge of where you fly is amazing, it's that link with the real world that makes our flights just thar much better, our virtual flights are somehow more real.

looking forward to the next 9k

cheers

Ken

Thanks for the compliment, Ken. I doubt I will be able to make comparisons on your wilderness exploration packs (others need to jump in here!), but flying there virtually is also a great pleasure to me. Love that!

16 hours ago, BradB said:

Congrats Gerold on #9000 , only 1000 left and the VIP club room will be available to you . ;):rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

With my speed the VIP room is quite a while away. But I make every step a pleasure for me, that shortens the way.

6 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Nice pictures, worthy of 9K posts!!  I thought I was doing OK getting past 1000 !!!

Kev

Keep on going, Kev. For you it is only 9*3 years to go until you get a golden ststus here...

5 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

I always enjoy your mix of shots Gerold and well done on 9000

superb sets.:)

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby, I try to prepare for these mixed posts whereever I can. And try to motivate others ( @VH-KDK ...) to do the same...;)

Well done on reaching the 9k mark Gerold, only 989 more for your name to change colour.

Your RL/FS sets are a thing of legend and this is one of the best I have seen, such incredible scenery in Europe.

Am I right in saying that SAS disposed of their Q400s after the u/c troubles?

I tell you what, the bloke on the left in your last shot looks a bit menacing, camera shy was he.:ph34r:

Ok, I know when I am getting got at, I will try and emulate your posts when I get home.:)

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

I will try and emulate your posts when I get home.

Please do Martyn!  I for one really love these comparison shots.  It shows how well Orbx did their work.  Please take some on your flight home from Thailand.

Archived