Welcome to a New Era: Presenting FTX Innsbruck for Aerofly FS2 Flight Simulator!

On 6/7/2017 at 2:54 PM, Jarrad Marshall said:

creating full seasonal variations

Hi Jarrad... forgive me if I've missed any reference to this, but will any anticipated region for AF-FS2 allow for seasonal variation, or will the size of the ortho data mean this is not possible?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

This is probably a question best directed to the IPACS team; this would be a major feature implementation to the core sim and I wouldn't want to speak on their behalf about such things. 

Okay Jarrad, cheers... I wasn't sure if this was something you guys could implement or not as the platform currently stands.

On 2017-06-13 at 2:49 AM, barrel_owl said:

While waiting for Orbx LOWI to be released, I decided to come here one more time to watch the shots and a question came up to my mind suddenly: how did you take those shots? Did you simply use the built-in camera features or are you using some kind of (yet not available or at least unknown to me) camera tool similar to Ezdok, Chaseplane (for FSX/P3D) or X-Camera (for X-Plane)? Some aerial views suggest the use of some additional tool, which is something I often miss while in AF2.

Thanks

Filippo

I also wonder:

Find Jarrad video on this page and see how is moving all around with some kind of tool

https://www.facebook.com/flightsimcon

Everybody, this is completely spectacular. Just had a first flight and its all whats proimised and more. By far the best visuals detail and performance I have ever seen in Virtual Reality. Only thing I would like to see is the cars on the roads moving but there is a train which moves and the detail is increadible.

On a high end system performance is also great just need some more ram to avoid reloading issues but thoise have been there without the addon too.

Its a showcase of the future of VR and a beginning of a new aera...

Everybody, this is completely spectacular. Just had a first flight and its all whats proimised and more. By far the best visuals detail and performance I have ever seen in Virtual Reality. Only thing I would like to see is the cars on the roads moving but there is a train which moves and the detail is increadible.

On a high end system performance is also great just need some more ram to avoid reloading issues but thoise have been there without the addon too.

Its a showcase of the future of VR and a beginning of a new aera...

Great to hear, Stef.

I have no doubt that this will be spectacular.

I'm unfortunately away from home for work, so I can't try these til I fly home tomorrow. ☹️

Just bought both sceneries anyway, so I can get in to it as soon as I get back to my computer. Am supposed to be going out with the gf tomorrow night - I stupidly said yes, forgetting about this release date. If anyone can think of a good excuse to get out of this unfortunately-timed commitment, let me know so I don't miss out on my Friday night Meigs/LOWI Aerofly session. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

17 minutes ago, BG2518 said:

Nope not working !!

Paid for this and Meigs - AF2 doesn't show up - can't install.

Transaction ID / receipt number 5942a83fd35b2.

When you click on FTX central, you should see a new update available, once that's downloaded that should allow you to see AF and the options to purchase/download the scenery. Not Working for you?

No, that didn't happen. Stuck with P3Dv3 and v4 only.

Reinstalled Central - SAME.

It's a no go for me but thaks for your input.

BG2518-Bob.

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

When you click on FTX central, you should see an new update available, once that u=is downloaded and that should allow you to see AF and the options to purchase/download the scenery. Not Working for you?

I wonder if when you click on LOWI or Meigs in the Global scenery section, it won't open with the option to buy or install both the P3D and AF2 versions and you can then install the AF2 versions you bought?

Tried that via the P3D v3 option (of the 2 I have, v3 and v4) and it simply says installed (as it is in P3D).

Thanks again for this idea too.

I'm simply not being updated to include AF2 and I can't do anything to force it - I have logged out and in etc etc - nothing works.

BG2518-Bob.

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Already done.

Yep, I got the update for FTX Central and now I see Aerofly as an option.  Thanks! 

BTW, I also had to run Aerofly first and allowed the sim to run a small update.  Then I went to Ftx Central to run the patch.  Hope this helps. 

On 14/06/2017 at 0:53 PM, Benny said:

I also wonder:

Find Jarrad video on this page and see how is moving all around with some kind of tool

https://www.facebook.com/flightsimcon

Thank you Benny for pointing me to that video. However, it is still unclear how Jarrad can walk around that way without anything like Ezdok, Chaseplane or X-Camera, to make the most known examples. Maybe it's me, but I am not aware of any free camera or world camera in AF2. So far I help myself with panning and zoom the best I can.

On 14/06/2017 at 1:06 PM, HiFlyer said:

I presume that's a slew tool he probably uses to examine the scenery as he's building it......

Correct, we used a built-in developer mode to slew around the scenery.

I am not sure if IPACS want us to share how to enable this mode, but I'll ask the question.

1 minute ago, John Venema said:

Correct, we used a built-in developer mode to slew around the scenery.

I am not sure if IPACS want us to share how to enable this mode, but I'll ask the question.

I believe Ipacs already revealed that themselves a while ago: https://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/8006-Would-a-free-roam-camera-be-possible?highlight=slew

Well, what a surprise... I never expected this but LOWI made me remove my Rift and fly in 2D again...! It looks nice and all in VR but man, that low resolution is killing the detail! I just had to see it on a 2D monitor to enjoy everything in a worthy manner! ;) VR is nice but it sure does have some huge disadvantages... Anyway, great addon! It has been quite a while since I bought an Orbx airport and boy, I have never seen the surrounding of an airport being modeled in such a wide area and with so much detail! Great job! Only now I have to decide everytime if I am going to fly in VR or 2D LOL

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, J van E said:

Well, what a surprise... I never expected this but LOWI made me remove my Rift and fly in 2D again...! It looks nice and all in VR but man, that low resolution is killing the detail! I just had to see it on a 2D monitor to enjoy everything in a worthy manner! ;) VR is nice but it sure does have some huge disadvantages... Anyway, great addon! It has been quite a while since I bought an Orbx airport and boy, I have never seen the surrounding of an airport being modeled in such a wide area and with so much detail! Great job! Only now I have to decide everytime if I am going to fly in VR or 2D LOL

I'm sometimes do the same. I love VR but sometimes flying with a 2D screen is still enjoyable too, to appreciate the very detailed and sharp scenery.

I also switch back and forth.  I haven't actually used my Rift for a while because I've been flying airliners a lot, and the Rift isn't compatible with setting up flight plans, searching for weather reports, reading charts etc.  However nothing beats the Rift for certain types of flying.  Would you rather look at a mountain that is 30cm high or 3000 ft high ;).

29 minutes ago, scottharmes6 said:

I also switch back and forth.  I haven't actually used my Rift for a while because I've been flying airliners a lot, and the Rift isn't compatible with setting up flight plans, searching for weather reports, reading charts etc.  However nothing beats the Rift for certain types of flying.  Would you rather look at a mountain that is 30cm high or 3000 ft high ;).

Would be great if IPACS would come up with a native solution for reading charts, pdf's, etc while in the VR VC...

8 hours ago, J van E said:

Would be great if IPACS would come up with a native solution for reading charts, pdf's, etc while in the VR VC...

It certainly would be.

Some type of EFB such as the one in the TFDI Boeing 717 would be perfect.  A virtual tablet would appear full size while in VR, and as long as the res is good it should be readable.

Archived