Wrong gate assignments, wrong rwy for departure for takeoff and landing KSAN

Mikeya75

Why are there FedEx, DHL, and UPS aircraft parked at the main terminals??? Also, all the other airlines are parked randomly and sporadically around the airport. The only active runway for departure and arrival runway is 9. KSAN 90% of the time uses 27.

please advise.

You need to set a stronger wind to get them using 27,  maybe even use ADE to close 09 if you wanted to go that far.

MyTraffic 6 doesn't actually place aircraft any better than freeware, but it does add it's own afcads/ade files to airports which in the case of KSAN would cause issues as it would conflict with the ORBX scenery (either the FTX SCA version or the full on version). What you need to have for proper AI parking is spots coded correctly to the operator and also of the right size for the aircraft to fit. The type of parking be it Cargo, Gate, or GA fits in there as well but is less important.

On 4/27/2017 at 2:54 PM, Matteo Veneziani said:

The ADE file has been corrected with last  update. All gates have airlines code. For the runway is like stock airport.

All due respect the afcad is not correct. I too have DHL and Fedex parking at the gates even after last update.

here's the code from my DHL 767 that is affected:

title=ABX Air Boeing 767-200BDSF 'DHL Colours'
model=geh/geh-e
sim=aim b767-200
texture=ABXAir/N752AX
atc_airline=ABEX
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=1
atc_id=
atc_parking_codes=ABX
atc_parking_types=CARGO

description=Model For AI Traffic Use Only.
ui_manufacturer=SKYAI
ui_type=B767-200F
ui_variation=ABX Air

I live in San Diego and can tell all of you runway 27 is used 95% of the time.9 is really only used during very low visibility. It's frustrating but likely beyond what can be programmed for in P3D unfortunately.

On 4/30/2017 at 3:58 PM, Matteo Veneziani said:

The parking are all with specific gate assigments. Sincerely i don't know why you have DHL parked at the gates, this problem has been resolved with last update. Anyway try whit this, i have added ABX code to cargo gates. Copy and paste in KSAN/scenery folder.

KSAN_ADEX_ADE.BGL

KSAN_ADEX_ADE_StaticLinersVersion.BGL

Thank you. I will give it a try..... But why is RWY 9 the designated RWY for approaches and departures. I even changed the wind direction with speeds up to 30 mph, and it won't switch to RWY 27!

On 4/30/2017 at 10:19 AM, jackjda1 said:

All due respect the afcad is not correct. I too have DHL and Fedex parking at the gates even after last update.

here's the code from my DHL 767 that is affected:

title=ABX Air Boeing 767-200BDSF 'DHL Colours'
model=geh/geh-e
sim=aim b767-200
texture=ABXAir/N752AX
atc_airline=ABEX
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=1
atc_id=
atc_parking_codes=ABX
atc_parking_types=CARGO

description=Model For AI Traffic Use Only.
ui_manufacturer=SKYAI
ui_type=B767-200F
ui_variation=ABX Air

I live in San Diego and can tell all of you runway 27 is used 95% of the time.9 is really only used during very low visibility. It's frustrating but likely beyond what can be programmed for in P3D unfortunately.

I lived in SD for 8 years in both Point Loma and Mission Beach. You are absolutely right. 

On 4/30/2017 at 3:58 PM, Matteo Veneziani said:

The parking are all with specific gate assigments. Sincerely i don't know why you have DHL parked at the gates, this problem has been resolved with last update. Anyway try whit this, i have added ABX code to cargo gates. Copy and paste in KSAN/scenery folder.

KSAN_ADEX_ADE.BGL

KSAN_ADEX_ADE_StaticLinersVersion.BGL

Didn't work. I have, DHL, FedEx and UPS parked at the terminal gates!

Three things cause AI aircraft to park at the wrong parking spot. The first is the parking type and airline codes assigned to the parking spot. The second is the size of each parking spot and whether it can accommodate the aircraft. Lastly, is the absolute numbers of each type/size/code of parking spot. Little NavMap is a great piece of freeware for quickly checking the parking spot arrangement at any airport:

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

Also, although I don't know how this might impact AI parking irregularities, I would always use Simple Airport Scanner:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

to make sure that there aren't multiple copies of a specific 3rd party airport that are installed. Packages that install large numbers of ADE files (ORBX freeware, My Traffic 6, various navaid packages, etc.) often install an ADE file that goes unnoticed for months until a conflict in sim behavior arises for no apparent reason.

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Three things cause AI aircraft to park at the wrong parking spot. The first is the parking type and airline codes assigned to the parking spot. The second is the size of each parking spot and whether it can accommodate the aircraft. Lastly, is the absolute numbers of each type/size/code of parking spot. Little NavMap is a great piece of freeware for quickly checking the parking spot arrangement at any airport:

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

Also, although I don't know how this might impact AI parking irregularities, I would always use Simple Airport Scanner:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

to make sure that there aren't multiple copies of a specific 3rd party airport that are installed. Packages that install large numbers of ADE files (ORBX freeware, My Traffic 6, various navaid packages, etc.) often install an ADE file that goes unnoticed for months until a conflict in sim behavior arises for no apparent reason.

Outstanding info. Thanks! I'll report back IF it works :)

Any thoughts as to why RWY 9 is the "go to" arrival/departure runway?

I should have added to my post that I do have ORBX KSAN and I will check on the runway situation when I get chance. BTW... (In good fun mostly triggered by the other similar thread regarding KSAN)

Pet Peeve # 27.
The airport utility AFCAD was designed for FS2002 and has long been defunct. Referring to 3rd party airports this way is like calling an automobile a horseless carriage. It should be referred to as an ADE file after Airport Design Editor.

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I found a few minor issues and I sent descriptions of the issues along to Matteo.

thank you, sir! I hope this can be resolved. To reiterate, changes in wind or weather does not change runway assignment. 

• 3 months later...

Guys, 

Just bumping this up. Has this been resolved? KSAN is my absolute favorite airport and the Orbx version is stunning. Not getting traffic in and out of rwy 27 is big problem. As pointed out above, approaches and takeoffs in the real KSAN are almost always on 27. That is what makes this airport so much fun, because you have to do a visual approach over Balboa Park. The FedEx planes at the gates are also massively irritating (while United 737s are on the cargo ramp for no apparent reason). This was never a problem with the LatinVFR scenery, so this must be doable. Thanks in advance. 

Misha

• 2 weeks later...

The parking is best if you tweak it yourself to fit what you want.  The approach issue however is different. AI will fly an ILS where ever possible and seeing as there's no ILS for 27 irl, it might be difficult getting the AI to use it without cheating and changing the LOC 27 to an ILS 27 which is easy enough to do while you are tweaking the parking. :)

Edit, I simply opened ADE and changed the type of approach from Loc 27 to ILS and the AI started using 27.

2017-9-15_14-35-26-478.jpg

On 9/15/2017 at 3:57 PM, Dave_YVR said:

Edit, I simply opened ADE and changed the type of approach from Loc 27 to ILS and the AI started using 27.

What happens then when ATC vectors you to the runway? Do the tell you to fly an "ILS approach" to rwy 27? Again, past sceneries, whether from LatinVFR in FSX or FlyTampa in FS2004, didn't have these issues and the ATC worked as it should. 

Also, what is that Delta Embraer doing on the north side of the field? ;-) 

Misha

8 hours ago, Misha_K said:

What happens then when ATC vectors you to the runway? Do the tell you to fly an "ILS approach" to rwy 27? Again, past sceneries, whether from LatinVFR in FSX or FlyTampa in FS2004, didn't have these issues and the ATC worked as it should. 

Also, what is that Delta Embraer doing on the north side of the field? ;-) 

Misha

I would most likely think that ATC will assign you an ILS approach as to get the AI to use 27 you are creating a fake approach otherwise they will continue to use 09. You can have it the real way or the way that lets AI use 27 I guess. The Compass Embraer is on the north side as there was no available parking on the south, the terminal parking area on the south was totally full.

Archived