Announcing CAG8 Pender Harbour Seaplane Base

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, BradB said:

That should make our forum member Gerold happy

Thanks again guys,

Brad, fill me in on the story Gerold if you would.  The only image I could find for the Stillwater powerhouse texture was a small jpg of an old faded postcard, not much to work with. I doctored it up some but I figured no one will be looking up close anyway. Maybe that's not the case now. :) The surge tower is better however.

1 hour ago, Larry_R said:

Thanks again guys,

Brad, fill me in on the story Gerold if you would.  The only image I could find for the Stillwater powerhouse texture was a small jpg of an old faded postcard, not much to work with. I doctored it up some but I figured no one will be looking up close anyway. Maybe that's not the case now. :) The surge tower is better however.

Sorry Larry , just a funny by me . Our forum member from Germany his name on the forum is Stillwater , actually named after a famous cafe in Hobart Tazmania . His real name in RL is Gerold . :P:D

John

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, FireRx said:

Also, do you know if anyone has been doing upgrades to Jon Patch's Victoria.

I think it's fairly safe to say that an update of Jon's Vic Plus for Orbx PNW is  not in the cards. Estates must be settled.   I have toyed with the idea of doing the Inner and Outer Harbour in my style but for me it seems an overwhelming task at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Saint George said:

Best thanks for the update, it is great, nearly unbelievable, that it is freeware

My first attempt to find the Merry Island Helipad:

Later I found a more comfortable Helipad without annoying railings ;)

Thanks Saint George,

Just so others don't get confused, your heli has landed on a dock, not the helipad. But I gather your found the actual helipad nearby... with the 'H' on it.  :)

Got  to come back and say "thanks again Larry" this scenery is truly amazing..I flew the area in Google Earth (photoreal) and then went back to Pender in the sim..Your version is more true to life than Google.. absolute Sim magic. Teecee.

Thank you teecee! Low and slow is what the stuff is for. Many of the possible destinations in this area require local knowlege in real life so I tried to add some of that in the User Guide. I hope you have had a chance to look at the charts therein.  Besides Google Earth, Navionics Webapp is a great resource. It will give you all the place names right down to the names of rocks and shoals among other things.   https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#boating@8&key=ysjmHbnftV  You can then google the names if you are curious. Or you can click on a feature, say a nav aid, to find out more about it.

Larry,

This is one of my most favored start points and short flight regions. What a beautiful piece of work you have done.  My Milviz Beaver amphibian gets quite a workout here. I have yet to land the beaver at the float plane dock successfully at the end of the flight. Slow speed maneuver escapes me as I attempt the turn to land. Thanks for the navionics link as well. Very interesting. I really hope to see more of your work in this area of BC.

Larry,

I don't know what plans you have for future scenery projects in the area but wondered if you might ever be doing scenery anywhere near Snug Cove?  Back in 2000 my wife and I honeymooned in Vancouver and as a special treat I had organised a float plane trip from the Harbour to Snug Cove for a meal and then back by ferry. I found the location in P3D/FSX but there just ins't much there apart from a ferry terminal.

However, whatever you have planned I will be lapping it up anyway; I am another one who loves flying the Beaver in and out of your scenery!

Archived