LDDU Trees

simmerluke

Hi all

I am getting some rather odd looking trees across the south-western side of the airport, within the boundary of the perimeter road and the runway. They have a sort of horizontal 'shelf' with their bottom halves looking sharply much darker. All other trees in the wider Dubrovnik scenery seem normal.

Are these what anyone else can see with their installs and are they how things should look?

Luke

2017-4-25_21-59-6-659.jpg

2017-4-25_21-59-40-10.jpg

2017-4-25_22-5-39-970.jpg

2017-4-25_22-6-3-597.jpg

That's exactly what I'm seeing, I'm afraid - in P3D (with HD trees). If you slew near to one of those trees, then slew up and down slowly, you can see that it's a thin, horizontal "slice" - roughly 2/3 of the way up the tree. Above and below, all is normal - but that slice looks worse as it casts a shadow.

I'll see if I can fire it to a dev or two!

Adam.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am running P3D with HD Trees myself too. Had a quick look for other similar trees on other sceneries but haven't found any yet...

I've been looking at this further and looks like the odd trees look normal when I set the season to winter - Adam, can you confirm that this is the case with yours?

Luke

Friedi - I've never had any FS9 freeware scenery on my P3D ... but I'll try the seasons thing - just to see.

Adam.

EDIT: Winter is OK - but Spring, Summer and Fall all have the rogue trees. Friedi - do you happen to know the object filename (if there is one) for these trees? Would a re-install of LDDU fix it, do you think?

Hi Friedi

Like Adam, I am not aware of any FS9 freeware scenery with my installation. Indeed, I am generally quite careful about what scenery I add.

It is interesting that we both have the same appearance in this one specific location, so I wonder what is the common thread?

Is there anyone else out there showing the same problem (or the specific lack of it) with P3D/HD Trees?!

Luke

Thanks, Doug ... that indicates there's definitely something wrong with my setup! So ...

... I removed then reinstalled both LDDU and HD Trees:

lddu_trees_1280.jpg

Fixed!!! Sadly/stupidly, I should have followed correct beta procedure and reinstalled them one by one - so I've no idea which of the two reinstalls fixed it. Also, I've no idea as to how/why my trees got into such a state in the first place!

Luke - you may want to try each in turn to see which one does the job.

Adam.

Hi guys

Adam's suggestion to reinstall both LDDU and HD Trees solved the problem and all now seems back to normal. In my case, uninstalling both first then re-installing LDDU removed the problem, then added HD Trees back in and all is as it should be!

Flying to LDDU in the real world early next week so great to be able to see it in the sim in all its glory first...

Thanks to all

Luke

Archived