Smoke em , if you got em !! .

BradB

Back to the glory days of flying when you could smoke inside and outside the plane :

2017-4-18_19-20-40-376.bmp.jpg

2017-4-18_19-21-41-303.bmp.jpg

2017-4-18_19-22-11-273.bmp.jpg

2017-4-18_19-38-11-900.bmp.jpg

2017-4-18_19-39-54-813.bmp.jpg

2017-4-18_19-40-31-825.bmp.jpg

2017-4-18_19-41-46-948.bmp.jpg

2017-4-18_19-41-34-841.bmp.jpg

The only fights that took place on the plane back then , was over the last piece of Prime Rib off the serving cart . :o:unsure::lol:

Cheers

John

Superb John!

Man I could tell you some stories about smoking and food on the planes in real life as a ticket agent and as a mechanic.  The day the FAA outlawed smoking I was working ticket counter at KBOI where I started, man did they get in our faces!  It was all our fault they couldn't smoke no matter how we told them it was not us but the FAA.

And as a mechanic, we'd pick up the planes, L-1011's at the gate after a flight and taxi it back for maintenance and the food we'd get to eat back then, man I tell you it was heaven.  Steak, lobster, you name it.  Back then they used real china and real silverware and the food was like dining in a first class restaurant.

I miss those days.

Wonderful video John, so interesting to see how it was in those days. Imagine them serving dinner for 300+ people that way today.

Some excellent shots of the old coal burner too, those were great days with all the noise and smoke!

I begin to understand the video now, with UA claiming the "extra care" for the passengers... will have to enjoy the rest before I can go on to your shots, John...

PS: "Picture windows" - that is for me!

PPS: "when you operate an airline, there are many things you learn about the people you serve and how to satisfy their needs." Well said, United.

PPPS: Now we know the reason for occasional smog in San Diego or LAX, it ain´t climate change, just these old simmers...

Archived