Introducing FTX LSGK Saanen airport - freeware

Hello everybody,

So you like Europe? You like the Alps? You like Switzerland? You will love Saanen.

I am pleased to announce my next airport, FTX LSGK Saanen airport.

Located in the heart of the Swiss Alps, not far from lake Leman, at 90 kilometers from Geneva (LSGG) and 320 kilometers from Innsbruck (LOWI), the scenery covers over 70 square kilometers of photoreal including the villages of Saanen, Gstaad and Rougemont.

Enjoy these first shots.

6gn82gobj40tFBr58f502655f2b3.jpg

p2jbRzPe7XTykyK58f502648049d.jpg

ycBjrpsimqP0eNZ58f502654a7f6.jpg

WvLMF325EUMqoiK58f50266e2fca.jpg

RRJuKqEeurXmPa758f5026905f28.jpg

NffbZggtslR84OC58f5026905fa6.jpg

hbr6uABX922WuiP58f5026a0dc71.jpg

9udgvhbaPbXlZVL58f5026f6cd74.jpg

UlHWyDC9WKsY7q358f5026cc709e.jpg

N2XrKjsaAg75MxO58f5026f6f59d.jpg

gmIJv9PRVtpg9yf58f502708b890.jpg

lkr5uwG1hV4HQSz58f502746d342.jpg

No shots of the airport buildings yet since the painting is not dry. Only this paparazzi managed to capture this shot from behind the fence.

uTt7xbx8wihkvYv58f50274727bb.jpg

Expect more shots soon.

Yours sincerely, Sylvain

Thank you for doing something in Switzerland!

I hope that later on you'll do full-fledged payware airports within Switzerland, plenty of medium-sized marvels around here, like Sion (LSGS), Samedan, near St. Moritz (LSZS) or Lugano (LSZA), all surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery. Lugano features a challenging IGS steep approach, so does Sion, and Samedan is high-altitude surrounded by steep mountain sides, but taking up to 737 / A320 aircraft. So lots of challenges to be found around here, both for small and big aircraft.

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

THANKS ORBX!!!!!

I mean who in the sim world DOES this?  No one.  Do you know how much I appreciate this?  This is how to generate life-long customers.  I don't even bother looking at other companies' stuff anymore.  

I can second this. After my last complete new setup due to the new PC, only the ORBX world found the way back on my sim. There is no need need for other.

Thanks Sylvian for this great svenery, looking forward to it.

cheers

Thorsten.

How cool is that?!! If I personally had one wish for a Swiss airfield, this would have been it. I've been at this airport several times, but not for flying, but for playing music at the nearby festival which took place once a year at Saanen airport territory. Definitely the most scenic concert and on of the nicest festivals I've ever played on - and this have been quite a few!

So I've already used the real runway there, but not with an aircraft, but with the tour bus as the runway was part of the official way to get to the festival :D

I've wondered if I would ever have the chance to fly there virtually. Now I will have. Thanks so much for even doing this for free!!

On 2017-04-18 at 9:02 AM, antonvs said:

Great work and thank you again Sylvain. When complete it will make a magnificent circuit from LOWI, LIDA LSGK and back to LOWI.

Here's what I had in mind:
78aeaf94e08426a3baa8e405b13acba5.png

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

Excellent idea!

Archived