BIG trouble in little Welshpool.

VH-KDK

Well it all started in the hangar.

1.pn1.jpg

Well maybe half in and half out of the hangar.

2.pn2.jpg

It did say parking spot 1!

3.pn3.jpg

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngrh POP. There out of a tight spot.

4.pn4.jpg

Shirely that is all the trouble over and done with.

5.pn5.jpg

This is Welshpool and don't call me Buttercup.

6.pn6.jpg

That's enough, I'm off to try out my new toy.

2 hours ago, jury42 said:

Amazing shots!!!

Cheers Jury.

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Shirely that is all the trouble over and done with. - Sorry Martyn I could not resist :

Cheers

John

Thanks Buttercup:huh:, just what I had in mind:lol:

48 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Lol, first trying to get out the hangar then some issues with Runway Control :)

Life wasn't meant to be easy Sammy.

Thanks for your response, greatly appreciated.

23 minutes ago, John Lovell said:

Great shots.... and then you get home and the Missus asks, "Where did you get all that lean steak meat from?!"

Cheers John, with a payload of over 3000kg I have got a lot of explaining to do and farmer Davis has got a fair few cows missing!

21 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

Cheers very much for your comments Gents.

19 minutes ago, paulb said:

Brilliant series Martyn! :) I really enjoyed it.

Very well done!

No posts from me for a while as I seemed to have totally messed up FSX on my pc :(

You are most welcome Paul.

What a bummer, been there and done that and it is so frustrating.

Hope to see you back posting again soon.

27 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

You are most welcome Paul.

What a bummer, been there and done that and it is so frustrating.

Hope to see you back posting again soon.

Thanks Martyn,

I probably should move to P3D, but do I wait for the new version?

Also, I have 100 or so payware aircraft for FSX. Can I afford to walk away from a £2,000+ spend?

As you say, just frustrating at the moment.

Cheers

Paul

Nice series of troubelations, good that your new toy only needed a short runway...

6 hours ago, John Lovell said:

Great shots.... and then you get home and the Missus asks, "Where did you get all that lean steak meat from?!"

This is going to be a big BBQ, i suspect all simmers are invited to Mooroopna this weekend?!

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well done Martyn, you had me laughing out loud!  Quite the adventure you had in Wales I'd say.

Cheers Jack, glad I made you laugh. I enjoy flying in Wales, it has some beautiful scenery.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Nice series of troubelations, good that your new toy only needed a short runway...

This is going to be a big BBQ, i suspect all simmers are invited to Mooroopna this weekend?!

Thank you Gerold, the feeding of the 5000 will have nothing on this:lol:

8 hours ago, paulb said:

Thanks Martyn,

I probably should move to P3D, but do I wait for the new version?

Also, I have 100 or so payware aircraft for FSX. Can I afford to walk away from a £2,000+ spend?

Cheers

Paul

There lies the problem Paul, like you I have masses of pay ware planes and airports, which is why I am still stuck on P3DV2.4.

I have now noticed that a lot of new airports(non ORBX of course) and planes are now P3DV3 only or V2.5 and upwards.

I know where I will be staying for the time being and it is great to see that ORBX are still thinking of the older versions of P3D which I hope and pray they will do for as  long as possible.

Whoo-hoo! that looks like fun Martyn! Great scenario and pix. And ain't these sales just too tempting? I swore I wasn't gonna but . . . and now I've got no time to fly as what little time I seem to have at the moment is now tied up with installing and logging all the new stuff.

10 hours ago, paulb said:

Sorry to hear your troubles, Paul. Maybe it'll turn out to be an easier and quicker fix than you think - sometimes happens. As for the FSX aircraft, having now got the FSDT Whirlwind running ok in P3D there's only one FSX/FS9 aircraft (a freeware Concordski) that I've not been able to load up into P3D successfully - either via the migration tool or just installing to a dummy directory and then copying everything by hand. Just my two-penn'orth.

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

There lies the problem Paul, like you I have masses of pay ware planes and airports, which is why I am still stuck on P3DV2.4.

I have now noticed that a lot of new airports(non ORBX of course) and planes are now P3DV3 only or V2.5 and upwards.

I know where I will be staying for the time being and it is great to see that ORBX are still thinking of the older versions of P3D which I hope and pray they will do for as  long as possible.

Thanks Martyn

7 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Sorry to hear your troubles, Paul. Maybe it'll turn out to be an easier and quicker fix than you think - sometimes happens. As for the FSX aircraft, having now got the FSDT Whirlwind running ok in P3D there's only one FSX/FS9 aircraft (a freeware Concordski) that I've not been able to load up into P3D successfully - either via the migration tool or just installing to a dummy directory and then copying everything by hand. Just my two-penn'orth.

Thanks Andy

22 hours ago, paulb said:

I probably should move to P3D, but do I wait for the new version?Also, I have 100 or so payware aircraft for FSX. Can I afford to walk away from a £2,000+ spend?

Cheers

Paul

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I, and I suppose many others too, am also feeling a bit stuck here. But honestly we have got heaps of things to don in the existing sim (FSX for me). The only thing is I stop funding many add-on producers currently because of the uncertainties - except orbx, I trust they will make upgrading as fair as in the proven past.

12 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Whoo-hoo! that looks like fun Martyn! Great scenario and pix. And ain't these sales just too tempting? I swore I wasn't gonna but . . . and now I've got no time to fly as what little time I seem to have at the moment is now tied up with installing and logging all the new stuff.

Thanks Andy, I have brought very little non ORBX stuff lately, in fact just the AH Typhoon but that Helldiver does appeal even though it is an ugly brute of a thing!:o:ph34r:

Freeware is the go at the moment and I am managing to install about 90% of it into P3DV2.4:)

So frustrating for Paul to have it go belly up. Just hope it is nothing that a re install wont fix, so easy for all the ORBX sceneries now with Centralv3.

9 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

A1 series of departure captures!

Cheers Erik.

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Now, that's gonna leave a mark, i'm glad I decided to stay in the lounge. :D 

Thank you Adam. I am not sure which mark you are referring to but I have got a shovel and a steam cleaner just in case.:huh:

1 hour ago, dolf8857 said:

Chopper too big, but the cows are interested a lot it seems,  very nice shots anyway Martyn!

Cheers Dolf, that is the problem with an oversize chopper;). No matter what I fly from here the cows always come for a look but they are very friendly.

13 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Very interesting analogy, enjoy good friday!

Nearly over here Gerold and it was a pleasant day, beautiful autumn weather too. Hope you are having a great one over there.

11 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I, and I suppose many others too, am also feeling a bit stuck here. But honestly we have got heaps of things to don in the existing sim (FSX for me). The only thing is I stop funding many add-on producers currently because of the uncertainties - except orbx, I trust they will make upgrading as fair as in the proven past.

I have just installed a few FSX airports into P3DV2.4 and it looks as this is as far as I can go at present as I just have too much to leave behind. I have a lot of  airports in SE Asia, China, Japan, South Pacific, Caribbean and South America.:rolleyes: I do fly V3.4 in NZ but that is about it at the moment and I am enjoying all this freeware too much in v2.4!:)

Well thanks for the interesting conversations here. It seems I am not alone with this moving on to new sims lark but it is very frustrating when you like the look of something only to see it is not compatible and too expensive to take the risk.

Archived