Troubalations in India

Stillwater

It turned out to be very difficult setting up the return flight from Vizakhapatnam to Mumbai:

1. VEVZ does not exist in my ATC program (Pro-ATC/X)
  2. VOVZ does not exist in the Navigation system of my Airbus (Aerosoft)
  3. After tweaking this, the ATC recognized that the FSX runways (2006 status!) of Vizak are to short for the A320. In real life this works, as the 09/27 is much longer now...
  4. After tweaking this, the Airbus refused to start cold&dark, and to start the checklist functions.

So I had to combine a manual take-off-abort-and-return at Vizakhapatnam with the entire flight (cheated) out of Hyderabad... at least this worked, but it took me days to get all this sorted out.

Ready for pushback (virtual Hyderabad, real Vizak). See the ground crew hiding in the shadow, for good reason.

2017-4-9_13-53Hyderabad.jpg
2017-4-9_13-53rl.jpg
2017-4-9_13-54vizakRL.jpg

Takeoff over the harbour of Vizak, with a quick right turn to see the airport from above (also in real, though difficult to spot).

2017-4-9_14-1Vizak.jpg
2017-4-9_14-2rl.jpg
2017-4-9_14-4Vizak.jpg
2017-4-9_14-5rl.jpg

And here we are approaching Mumbai, with the impression being ok, but far from the quickly changing real looking.

2017-4-9_16-56-0-910.jpg
2017-4-9_16-56-1rl.jpg
2017-4-9_16-56-5-406.jpg
2017-4-9_16-56-6rl.jpg
2017-4-9_17-8VABBgate57.jpg
2017-4-9_17-9rl.jpg

At over 40°C, improvisation is everything.

2017-4-9_18rl.jpg

Waiting for the connecting flight at 24°C, improvisation is also good.

2017-4-9_19.jpg

3 hours ago, Flying_Grandpa said:

Excellent set

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these.

cheers

Iain

3 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Great compilation set again Gerold!

Thank you Pa, Iain and Dolf for watching & taking the time to comment. You may imagine how long it took me to get this flight started...

Another wonderful travelogue Gerold, I do really look forwards to this type of post of places I will never see in RL.

A lot of bother trying to set this flight up but it loos as if it was worth it in the end.

4 hours ago, BradB said:

I can feel the humidity and smell the curry from your shots Gerold . :(B):D

Cheers

John

You are the lucky one John as I could feel the curry and smell the humidity:o:ph34r::lol:

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Nicely done Gerold! :)

Thank you, Adam!

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Despite your difficulties Gerold I'd say it was a smashing success.  These always amaze me.  And you can see all the houses below all look the same.  I imagine there are a lot of unfortunates living there?

Thanks, Jack. Houses that all look the same must not mean unfortunates, thinking of all these pensioneers settlements in Florida, Queensland or Southern Spain. But I suppose in the actual case you are quite right, these are not prime areas. At least those people do have a roof, this is not everyone´s posession around in Mumbai.

11 hours ago, BradB said:

I can feel the humidity and smell the curry from your shots Gerold . :(B):D

Cheers

John

Come over & enjoy, it is free, John!

10 hours ago, jury42 said:

Fantastic set & photos!

Thank you, Jury. I hope Samara would also be included & enhanced with OpenLC_Asia soon?!

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Another wonderful travelogue Gerold, I do really look forwards to this type of post of places I will never see in RL.

A lot of bother trying to set this flight up but it loos as if it was worth it in the end.

You are the lucky one John as I could feel the curry and smell the humidity:o:ph34r::lol:

Thank you, Martyn, indeed some of us visit places here in this forum that others will never find a good chance to. Sharing the pleasure doubles it!

And sharing the pain (setting up this flight) divides it.

Feel the curry was also right (no more details). The humidity was ok, just a bit of heat outside: before driving to the airport that morning I walked 30 mins outside the hotel. Had to change shirt & trouser for travelling, and it took me 15 mins with the hairdryer to get the clothes dry enough to put them into the trolley.

6 hours ago, Taph said:

Dhal baht for me please B) fine set

Choose what you like (if you can stand it). And, hey, there are enough good indian restaurants around in Kent, aren´t they?

On 10.4.2017 at 6:42 PM, Taph said:

Correct, there are a number of real nice ones and Indian food suits me fine, the great thing about being over there is all the ingredients including the spices are fresh

At least you can enjoy it whenever you want. And it is safe for your stomach...

Archived