Any colour as long as it is NOT black, happy 50th.

VH-KDK

On the 8th of April 1967, 50 years ago today, the Beagle Pup made it's first flight from Shoreham Airport.

Just over 2 1/2 years later the Government withdrew it's financial backing and Beagle Aircraft went under despite having over 200 on order..

Here is Henry Ford's nightmare, an array of Pups in various colours except black.

1.bb1.jpg

2.bb2.jpg

3.bb3.jpg

4.bb4.jpg

5.bb5.jpg

6.bb6.jpg

7.bb7.jpg

8.bb8.jpg

9.bb9.jpg

10.bb10.jpg

11.bb11.jpg

12.bb12.jpg

3 hours ago, BradB said:

If it wasn't for the wonderful liveries and  the color in your shots Martyn , I would say that your post has gone to the dogs . :):D:unsure:

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I was terrierfied you would not like the shots.

2 hours ago, adambar said:

Great little plane and shots Martyn! :)

Thank you Adam, even an N rego for you over there.

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Very nice Martyn :). You even included a couple of yellow ones for Jack!

I like the 45 Sqn Kingairs in the background as well.

Thanks Paul, Jack will be happy and I had not noticed that the Kin Airs were RAF ones!

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Cheers Iain.

32 minutes ago, Taph said:

Nice set

Thank you Taph.

Many thanks for your wonderful comments.

Nice collection of a neat looking little plane Martyn.  It's a shame they never mass produced them as they look like a nice, simple little plane to fly, they look almost like a miniature Cherokee.  And the last two shots of hit flying are superb, only thing lacking for me was a shot of the office.

And Gerold, 

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You changed clothes more often that a female presenter during the Oscar award ceremony.

:lol::lol:

On ‎8‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, Stillwater said:

Congrats to your 50th birthday, Paul-@VH-KDK!

Or better: Thanks for that nice livery collection. You changed clothes more often that a female presenter during the Oscar award ceremony.

Too bad there is not a bare metal livery, for the party after the ceremony.:huh:;)

On ‎8‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, Flying_Grandpa said:

Beautiful set

Thanks FG.

On ‎8‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:09 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice collection of a neat looking little plane Martyn.  It's a shame they never mass produced them as they look like a nice, simple little plane to fly, they look almost like a miniature Cherokee.  And the last two shots of hit flying are superb, only thing lacking for me was a shot of the office.

And Gerold, 

:lol::lol:

You are welcome Jack, apparently it had it's problems and was expensive to make. Quite a roomy plane but more complex to build and troubles with supply of spares.

On ‎8‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:23 PM, jury42 said:

Nice set!

Thankyou Jury.

Thanks for your wonderful comments and interest.

Archived