The Indian adventure continues...

Stillwater

I was lucky to arrive already on a Sunday at noon at Vizakhapatnam, so I could do a tour towards the ocean which the real @luckyb52 may see every day. Over Vizak city (hey, the impression is great already!)...

2017-4-7_20-39Vizakcity.jpg

... along RK beach towards my hotel. It should be just below the helicopter - but here we have to hope for OLC (at least).

2017-4-7_20-40RKbeach.jpg

And also the beach could be more detailed, at day...

2017-4-7_20-40RL.jpg

... or at night.

2017-4-7_20-41RL.jpg
2017-4-7_20-42RL.jpg

Going north to the famous Kailasagiri Hill...

2017-4-7_20-43Kailasagirihill.jpg

... and up. Sure no climb at these temperatures...

2017-4-7_20-43RL.jpg

... but a good view from the top.

2017-4-7_20-44viewtonorth.jpg
2017-4-7_20-44zrl.jpg
2017-4-7_20-45viewtosouth.jpg
2017-4-7_20-45zrl.jpg

Tenneti Park at the bottom of the hill.

2017-4-7_20-46Tennetipark.jpg
2017-4-7_20-46zrl.jpg

And back to the airport on the common approach.

2017-4-7_20-48Harbour.jpg
2017-4-7_20-49rl.jpg
2017-4-7_20-50approach.jpg

The level of detail and, even more, the impression is quite ok, I must say.

Jesus, this is a real mind-bender, Gerold!! The mixture of RL and sim has my head spinning...

Come southwards ASAP to Chennai, where I await you with a tumbler of South Indian coffee :D

filter-kaapi.1024x1024-1.jpg

Be seein' ya,

Lucky

10 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

A very nice series here.  Thanks for sharing, love the real shots as well.

Thank you Sammy. We are waiting for OLC Asia to have more detail in the sim, then I´ll do trips like these again...

45 minutes ago, luckyb52 said:

Jesus, this is a real mind-bender, Gerold!! The mixture of RL and sim has my head spinning...

Come southwards ASAP to Chennai, where I await you with a tumbler of South Indian coffee :D

Be seein' ya,

Lucky

Dry days, but still I prefer the mocktails. Indian coffee is just too sweet for my taste. Thanks for the invitation, Lucky!

Thank you @Iain Emms for commenting!

12 hours ago, Kasi31 said:

Great comparison as always Gerold, but Asia definitely needs some Orbx treatment.

As I said: The impression is already ok. But airports, coastlines, landclass leave room for improvement...

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Awesome Gerold.  You live the life man, you live the great traveling life.  

The pictures and memories last longer than the travelling. Just some quick moves between the workplaces here.

10 hours ago, BradB said:

I had never seen RL photo's from India , so I enjoyed your post very much Gerold . Not on my bucket list , but maybe in the next life . :):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

I can get you lots of other photos, nice or not-so-lovely. But seeing a picture from a well-climated safe chair is something else than going around.

I agree, for touristic reasons India is not yet famous, but it is a democratic, safe and civilized country, should be on the bucket list for one of the next lifes ahead of other places. 

1 minute ago, jury42 said:

Very intresting compare shots!

Thank you, Jury. The vector & mesh data prove to be surprisingly good here, we would not expect that much from landclass or autogen. And for sure, details like the old soviet-built submarine would only come up if someone makes Vizak city a full fat region...

Archived