Online bush flying collecting thread

rudi0310

Hi everyone,

I wonder if there are any online bush flying groups which focus on the north american addons from ORBX which are ideal for that. I did not find much, and only older postings. I love to bush fly in the mountain regions, had founded an online group many years ago, which always was a lot of fun

If there are any groups or individuals with interest, please post in this thread. So I and others have the opportunity to join.

If there are no matching groups I might found an online group again, focused to the Northern American Orbx addons's mountain regions. With only some basic rules, and make it as easy as possible to join scheduled sessions or 'walk in'. Unfortunately the old Gamespy servers are dead. An idea would be to use FSCloud, which is independend if someone has FSX or P3d. For comm Skype or a Teamspeak server may be convinient. Sugggestions for technical solutions are welcome! I can provide bush flying training (wheels and float) and guided tours in English or German language on request.

At the moment you can find me nearly daily (nick rudi0310, between 16:00 and 20:00 UTC) on the FSCloud Server, bush flying, a Twin Otter Amphibian and other aircraft in Pacific North West and Pacific Fjords (and sometimes Tongass Fjords). But there is no universal solution for voice comm yet.

You are welcome, being glad if there is a feedback to my posting

Rudi

tags: bella coola friends online bush busch flying fliegen fliegerei P3D prepar3d fsx server

Rudi,

Return to Misty Moorings (RTMM) is probably what your looking for.  All the scenery is based on FTX regions and has several hundred destination to fly and investigate.  We do not use any FTX objects or libraries but have our own library objects.  The site is extensive and will provide all information necessary to install and visit destinations from Vancouver Is. to Southern Alaska.

LINK:
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/

Enjoy.

Hi spud,

thanks for the hint; I had found this very interesting site.

But I do not search for scenery, I own most of ORBX'S North American scenery. I search for the opportunity to bush fly online with others.

Cheers

Rudi

3 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Hi spud,

thanks for the hint; I had found this very interesting site.

But I do not search for scenery, I own most of ORBX'S North American scenery. I search for the opportunity to bush fly online with others.

Cheers

Rudi

If you go to the RTMM site, there are a couple of virtual airlines associated and you can contact them if you'd like.  I think this is what you're looking for.

Yes, I also find Alaska Adventures at the RTMM site, being more and more impressed.

Many thanks for all who contributed to this list so far! I hope it will grow more.

Giving the suggestions a try. My destinations are often no registered airports, e.g. I have a growing database of hidden lakes.

Cheers

For those of you, like me who love bush flying you might like to try the 2 OrbX Papua New Guinea regions

I have flown over so much of the Pacific North west that I wanted a change

The scenery is different because its in the tropics but its similar in many ways - mountains, forests & settlements

The steep sloping runways are a real exciting place to land on

Getting small planes over the mountains is challenging as the air is so thin and hot over 3000 metres

The Kokoda trail which many fellow Aussies know about has one valley where it seems the presence of an airstrip next to a village is a status symbol

None of these small strips are listed in the airport database but they exist in the OrbX Jackson product & make a unique environment to fly into

Start from the only database listed airport of the package, AYKO and fly south then west

aero-3fsx,

good to mention the Papua New Guina scenery. Not installed here yet, but on the list for the future. The problem is to find other pilots for flying in a group, not to find interesting scenery.

Sceneries, especially when cost money, are advertised well. But to make the package complete, ORBX should provide a dedicated server for flying and for voice comm, which is independend if fsx or p3d is used.

Cheers

Rudi

Hi Rudi, go back to post#4 by Ralf ( banjoman) Digitalthemepark is where you need to go. They provide online flying irrespective of sim, FSX, P3D etc. Using "JoinFS" JoinFS  with speech through DTP Team speak.  All info is available at

http://digitalthemepark.blogspot.co.uk/p/how-to-connect-to-multiplayer-session.html

If you need further info just ask, Enjoy!

Ralf, Bruce, Brian,

you are right, Digital Theme Park seems to meet most of my needs so far. Downloaded the software and will give it a try, For sure there will be more questions, thanks for the offer to answer!

But the one does not exclude the other. More suggestions are welcome - this thread collects them!

More postings about Digital Theme Park are also welcome.

Cheers

Rudi

Hi everyone,

after successful joining, I will do more tests. Bush flying in PNW and PFJ. Everybody can join and fly with us and have some small talk with people who have similar interests. Use a strong Amphibian like C182, C185, Twin Otter, You need climb performance. You can find us online at Digital Theme Park many days between 16:00 and 20:00 utc in the near future. In your flightsim, set month to August.

If you are not familiar with Digital Theme Park, go to http://digitalthemepark.blogspot.de/ for a first overview. Download JoinFS, configure according to docs. In JoinFS, Connect to DigitalThemePark. No need to connect a Hub. Download and install Teamspeak 3, connect to ts3.digitalthemepark.com. You find me in the channel 'Casual Flights'. Soon there will be an admin to help newcomers.

You are welcome. Enjoy.

Rudi

• 2 weeks later...

Next event is Saturday, April 29th, 18:00 UTC. New pilots are welcome! Details see my last post.

Online flying the other way. Bush flying. Within a group. One pilot is the guide. Also unlisted airstrips. No flight plan. Nature. Rocky Mountains. Clear Mountain Lakes. A lot of fun.

I love MP flying, but I don't like Teamspeak, used it many many years ago and it was a pain..Has it improved at All?

To be honest I cannot understand why Skype does not get more use for MP.. free and brilliant. Teecee.

the latest version of TS3, works great and easy for me. We are all very clearly heard.

This is free as well and it's easy to setup as either voice activated or push to talk. We all setup a button to mute our mics as well as mute the speakers.

For example you feel a sneeze or a cough coming on, hit the mic mute and if you want to check atis when everyone else is talking hit the speaker mute.

It hasn't interfered with P3d for me at all.

Hi guys,

if anybody is not sure how to get connected and how to get all things up and running, join the digitalthemepark Teamspeak server next days. Most days I'm online around 18:00 - 19:00 UTC. I will be glad to help in configuration. Drop me a note in the chat window. User: rudi0310. Also the admins are glad to help.

Cheers

Rudi

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

thanks to all who joined, more than I expected!

The next event takes place on Saturday, 2017-05-13, at 18:00 utc.

Online bush flying within a group, loose formation, no rules. You are welcome. Enjoy. Relax.

Cheers

Rudi

Archived