massive ground texture problem

AndiW

Hello,

after installing of

• NZ North Island

• NZ South Island

• NZMF

• NZQN

I am faced with problems (morphing) as can be seen in the screenshoots. It looks like only FSX default scenery is affected.

All products are installed and updated using FTX Central v3.1.0.2.

I tried the „Resolving rapid ground texture morphing"-thing by Holger Sandmann without success.

I highly appreciate any help and support.

Andreas

mJuGhx6.jpg

KVHoybI.jpg

A0UtxVz.jpg

2yyqhCp.jpg

U6TB93l.jpg

oE109oz.jpg

MBszLAu.jpg

Your transaction ID is 58d2b8ff1702d

Your transaction ID is 58d4038b490d2

I posted a similar problem, though the look of my problem is identical to yours in terms of texture swapping, but I don't get any of the words you are getting.  My issue appears to mostly be happening around certain default airports, though I did notice it in one open area.  I have only installed the two free Orbx demos (Iceland and Olympic Peninsula).  I tried uninstalling the demos and that didn't solve it, also tried the ground texture morphing steps by Holger Sandmann as you did without success.  I'm mainly posting my info so I can easily follow  your thread in my history case they reply to you.

Here is my topic:

Home > Orbx Support Forums > OrbxDirect and FTX Central 3 Support Forum > Rapid Ground Texture Morphing fix not working

Regards,

Kevin

Hello Andreas,

It is quite clear that you have some (texture morphing) going on. (Though you may not have completed the Terrain.cfg replacement procedure, or something is preventing it from writing entries back to the new .cfg. (See below)  
It appears that the locations in your screenshots are at, and around (CGTS Reina Sophia Airfield in Teneriffe Spain), and also over the (Rio De Janerio C Class airspace, heading for the Caledonia Restricted area, your sim is using Default FSX for this area without FTXGlobal Base or Vector or addon Mesh).

While these locations in your sim are showing some morphing of the "default FSX textures" which should be corrected by replacing the Terrain.cfg in your root FSX directory with the one described in Holger Sandmann's "Rapid Ground Texture Morphing solution".

Once you have replaced the Terrain.cfg,  per Holger's Rapid Ground Texture Morphing solution" Immediately open FTXCentralv3 and allow it to sync your Orbx FTX products, it will write the Orbx custom entries back to your new Terrain.cfg,  provided that you have Full Administrative Permissions over your FSX installation, then Close FTXCentral and start your FSX sim, check that the morphed areas are now fixed. (Season labels will still appear without FTXGBase installed).

Failing this you might also use the "Migration Troubleshooter" to check that your migration was successful, there should be no red warning of missing files (only green installed or purple for not yet installed).

There also used to be a tool in FTXCentral > Settings > Troubleshooting tab, to Resync FTX/Orbx (I am still using v2 and am able to cycle between Global & FTX Regions not yet Migrated or using universal LC lookup. So possibly some kind person using v3 might be able to advise you if this tool is still incorporated into v3 or if it is now an automated process). 

If you do not have full Admin Permissions then these entries may not be able to effectively write back to the new "terrain.cfg". Please rectify your Admin Permissions so that you have full read/write control of your FSX directory's subfolders and files.

The season insignias in bright green and orange text, are part of Microsoft's unfinished detail/cleanup in many of the seldom flown areas of the world such as Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Africa, and of course Rio De Janerio.  (The text looks much worse in your pictures because you also have "RGTMorphing").

These season text labels can only be removed by replacing FSX's default textures with "FTXGlobal Base" (afaik). If you have "FTXGlobal Base" I would highly recommend reinstalling it.

I also note that you have only a low resolution Mesh for the globe and possibly do not have your Mesh resolution slider set  to "5m" this setting is important for the proper display of any FTX regions & airfields such as your NZNI NZSI - NZMF NZQN which will have custom mesh as part of the package.

If you want some nice terrain lumps and bumps compatible with FTX Globally, then I would recommend Payware "FTX FSGlobal2010" or Freeware Avsim - FreeMeshX (which is what I have)

Here below is what can be achieved with just FTXGlobalBase and a Global Mesh addon, and FTX (TreesHD of course), My FSX scenery Sliders mostly set to extreme right, for the same areas shown in your pictures. (No Morphing & No Season text labels).

6bb7ae2b0c2c9ec27099da40624e6142.jpg

75739d380737a273e67a7c73b89e2013.jpg

938c4db04dbd937b984ca6a288aec7d2.jpg

8913ae09c4ffe5b27f6cf4b6d20bf556.jpg

1c5e3273353207c265a6e776c0f51db9.jpg

af529a4952a5a2abe9dd1ee764387445.jpg

8de7fdca07c0f9791cbaee5fb4144549.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon - back again.

I did a clean reinstallation of FSX last week. And saying "clean" means clean.

Prior to this I removed all addons very carefully.

After reinstallation the sceneries and the textures were default - as expected.

The very next step was the installation of the Orbx Libraries and this are the results:

M7fG1bu.jpg

Bh3IBry.jpg

1nStNEk.jpg

a1vYw25.jpg

I am disappointed. I thought about spending further 70 Euros to install FTXGlobalBase as suggested by Jeff, but I am not sure this will solve the problem. The problem seems to be that installing the Orbx Libraries into a clean default FSX is causing the shown results.

Yes - the FSX default sceneries are quite boring, but they are flyable. It is difficult to me to accept, that a product I payed for causes such problems.

I guess, the only solution is the remove all Orbx installations and write off my four NZ-products, that I liked very much.

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

can you try the migration again, please? FTX Central > Settings > Tools > Force Migration.

The Orbx version of the global landclass control file unlocks additional seasonal variants, blendmasks, etc. that don't exist in the default landclass texture set (but do in Global Base). However, the forced migration should add those additional textures to \Scenery\World\texture, even with just the default set present, to avoid that "morphing" due to missing files. If not we'll need to dig deeper.

Cheers, Holger

Hello,

I have been able to replicate this and the error seems to be caused by the modified lclookup.bgl.

Either that or we are both making the same mistake.:)

Please go to ORBX\Scripts\unified\backup where you will find the original.

Copy and paste it into Scenery\BASE\Scenery and let it overwrite.

This should correct the anomalies but they will return when you run FTX Central next and you

will need to do the same again.

I have asked for advice from the developers.

Hello,

thank you Nick.Yes - I think your approach solved the problem.

I copied/pasted the lclookup.bgl from ORBX\Scripts\unified\backup to Scenery\BASE\Scenery and everything was fine.

Then I installed NZNI, NZSI, NZMF and NZQN and the weird textures returned.

Then I repeated the copy/paste and everything is fine.

Thanks a lot for the support!

Andreas

Hello,

brief update:

23 hours ago, AndiW said:

I copied/pasted the lclookup.bgl from ORBX\Scripts\unified\backup to Scenery\BASE\Scenery and everything was fine.

Then I installed NZNI, NZSI, NZMF and NZQN and the weird textures returned.

Then I repeated the copy/paste and everything is fine.

This procedure seemed to fix all problems relating to default or non-Orbx sceneries.

But now the Orbx-sceneries show those weird textures:

pPyWgIC.jpg

ubgEYVl.jpg

vcqJcT0.jpg

These screenshots were made with NZNI, NZSI, NZMF and NZQN activated.

Andreas

Thanks.

That is an unwanted effect.

I have another potential solution for you.

Please back up your scenery\world\texture folder and then place the attached batch file into scenery\world\texture.

Right click on it and run it as an administrator.

Rub FTX Central and let it configure Orbx.

Then try again.

Thanks.

ftxglobal.conversion.bat

I was having a problem just like this .  It started all of a sudden and lasted for a few months, then magically everything went back to normal.  During the time I was having this texture problem I tried all the suggested fixes and none of them worked.  I started a flight one day and the crazy textures were gone.  Everything has been good now for about a month.  I wish I could tell you what fixed it, but I don't know.

• 2 years later...
On 4/22/2017 at 8:58 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have been able to replicate this and the error seems to be caused by the modified lclookup.bgl.

Either that or we are both making the same mistake.:)

Please go to Orbx\Scripts\unified\backup where you will find the original.

Copy and paste it into Scenery\BASE\Scenery and let it overwrite.

This should correct the anomalies but they will return when you run FTX Central next and you

will need to do the same again.

I have asked for advice from the developers.

Thank you Nick, I had morphing textures around KLAX it was driving me mad searching for a fix (I was searching for flashing/changing textures). The lclookup.bgl did the trick.

Best regards,

Jon

Archived