Crossing the Continent

Stillwater

... more precise: The Indian subcontinent. Out of Mumbai (Terminal 1, Gate A7)...

2017-4-2_14-55VABBT1.jpg
2017-4-2_14-56RL.jpg

Not easy to work here...

2017-4-2_15-19GateA7.jpg

... as you can see from the temperature indications (before the APU was turned on).

2017-4-2_15-22Heatwave.jpg

So let us taxi across Chattrapathi Shivaji International Airport towards Rwy 27...

2017-4-2_15-35Taxi.jpg
2017-4-2_15-36RL.jpg

... and takeoff over the Ocean shore ("East coast" you could say).

2017-4-2_15-40coastline.jpg
2017-4-2_15-41RL.jpg

Not much to see during the flight, haze whereever you look.

2017-4-2_15-48Haze.jpg
2017-4-2_15-49RL.jpg

At least a bit more to spot during descend...

2017-4-2_17-5Descend.jpg

... with hills looking much like the Glasshouse mountains coming up.
2017-4-2_17-59Indianglasshouse.jpg

Approach is just over the city of Vizakhapatnam, with the Ocean again below us - now the west coast.

2017-4-2_18-2Vizak.jpg
2017-4-2_18-3RL.jpg
2017-4-2_18-4RL.jpg

And here FSX comes to its ends, Visakhapatnam Airport is not too detailed in the sim...

2017-4-2_18-9EmptyVizak.jpg
2017-4-2_18-10RL.jpg

Early enough to do some sightseeing later on!

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Never get enough of these Gerold or your travels.  You sure seem to rack some air miles!

+1 - Our Mr.Bond here at the forum . B):D

Cheers

John

WOnderful set Gerold and some great RL shots to compensate for the lack of detail in FSX.(an area screaming out for OLC.) Better whisper as I don't want to appear ungrateful, just have to be patient:)

Must be an interesting place to visit Gerold. How did your insides stand up to the trip? Can be a bit nasty.:unsure::ph34r::ph34r:

When my brother went there he got monstered by a virus or something.:(

Thank you for commenting, @paulb and @Flying_Grandpa!

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Never get enough of these Gerold or your travels.  You sure seem to rack some air miles!

No miles on Indigo, just some good views and a reliable flight.

14 hours ago, BradB said:

+1 - Our Mr.Bond here at the forum . B):D

Cheers

John

No secret service action for me, John. But, I have to admit, some remote places.

13 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Very cool shots, love the real ones.

As soon as I have some time, I´ll continue the tour...!

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

WOnderful set Gerold and some great RL shots to compensate for the lack of detail in FSX.(an area screaming out for OLC.) Better whisper as I don't want to appear ungrateful, just have to be patient:)

Must be an interesting place to visit Gerold. How did your insides stand up to the trip? Can be a bit nasty.:unsure::ph34r::ph34r:

When my brother went there he got monstered by a virus or something.:(

Indeed Asia does scream for our favoured treatment. And, indeed, you are right, good work needs its time.

As per my inside: The first days were totally ok. Had to "manage" myself for the 2nd half of my trip, but I was able to finish all my tasks.

They say, 80 % of India travellers get that trouble. To my and my colleagues experience the figure is higher.

Thanks for these great screenies, Gerold. It brings back many happy memories, when I flew on "ModiLuft" between Delhi and Mumbai. You entered the plane, sat down in first class and thought: wait a minute, this is all in German here. No champagne unfortunately. At least the Earl Grey was superb. Must have been First Flush ;)

Beautiful shots and combination of real/virtual. It seems you're always flying, and in original parts of the world too. If it's not too indiscrete, was sind Sie von Beruf? (What are you doing for a living?)

You all make me smile with your comments, thank you @dolf8857, @gumbypickett and... 

17 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Thanks for these great screenies, Gerold. It brings back many happy memories, when I flew on "ModiLuft" between Delhi and Mumbai. You entered the plane, sat down in first class and thought: wait a minute, this is all in German here. No champagne unfortunately. At least the Earl Grey was superb. Must have been First Flush ;)

No way to get any "first class" in domestic travel nowadays, unfortunately. For sure no champagne, and not even a tea which could be called superb. The good ol days are gone... most airlines do not even offer anything else than cattle class for their self-loading freight.

16 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Those 'at the gate' shots are impressive - a lot of lens in that camera.

Thanks Dave, it is a Sony. RX-100 Mk III, it comes with a Zeiss lens.

15 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Beautiful shots and combination of real/virtual. It seems you're always flying, and in original parts of the world too. If it's not too indiscrete, was sind Sie von Beruf? (What are you doing for a living?)

Oh no Francois, I do not fly too often. But when I do, I try to make a good photo documentation. And I still have some more left to be posted. You can get an indication of my job here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/7095-member-photo-gallery/?page=9

Archived