LOWI: CTD when entering LOC DME East approach

Danny1968

OK good news, J!

Two RW08 approaches. First the RNAV08 with a missed approach climb to RTT (non standard!!), then the LOC/DME 08/26 with the Visual after to touch down. Both CTD free! Previously the CTD would occur soon after passing over the airfield.

These were flown from two saved positions in FSX. So I will try a full flight to LOWI with the approaches again tomorrow. Be good to see how the others get on. PMDG 738 used.

Well done so far!!

Keith

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flew in today in AS A319. This time I made the turn over OEJ and after about 1 nm I had a CTD. When I restarted and turned at 4.4 OEJ as per the procedure, no CTD. Incidentally, one of the FSUIPC save points was as I made the first turn. It was impossible to return to this saved point as the CTD kicked in immediately. Taking it back a few minutes in time allowed the second approach I mentioned above. Clearly some issues possibly beyond the 4.4 point? Remember before the latest fix I could not pass beyond the airfield. This fix allows me to fly further  before a CTD. The Terrain.dll the culprit as before.

Keith

Exact same time I'm getting CTD Keith. 4.4 OEJ, RT and crash, although I also loaded saved situation. Either time of day related or something else, really not sure. Such a shame though as I'd really like to fly in this beautiful airport. 

You all with these CTDs could, without compromise, make a backup of those folders and/or files, ...and delete them, so you can try to see what will happen.

================

Folder, this:

C:\Users\*YourUser*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

================

Files here → C:\Users\*YourUser*\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files:

Previous Flight.FLT

Previous Flight.ipcbin

Previous Flight.WX

================

And if these exist:

Previous Flight.FSSAVE

MtEST.FSSAVE

================

No damage can happen. However, remember that you can go back to the previous state using backups, if necessary.

Cheers,

Voyager

On 4/12/2017 at 0:47 AM, KeithGiannoni said:

Further to my last entry. EDDS to LOWI with the LOC/DME with visual for RW26 worked perfectly. Previously I had CTD on all attempts doing this so all good for me. Many thanks Jarrad. Hopefully all will be good for the others.

Best,

Keith

On 4/12/2017 at 2:09 AM, Danny1968 said:

For me no CTD with these files either.

Thanks!

Great news guys, glad this sorted it for you :)

Next test for those still getting CTDs, same drill as last time:

1. Go back to your  ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture folder

2. Delete all files with the filetype .agn - there will be 1,451 in total after our last test. < don't skip this step, it is important

3. Drop the 1,371 agn files from the attached zip file into your ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture folder.

4. Run the test again and let me know how it goes. 

nb. This test is running under the presumption that you are having a CTD in the general vicinity of Danny's original report, ie near  N47 20.32 E011 48.9. If your crash is in a totally different spot, please make note of the rough lat/long you are experiencing this. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Agn_Test_03_LOWI.zip

Still getting a CTD.
I have done my testing around N47 17.52 E11 33.22, so a little further in but I also tried the spesific coordinates you mentioned and I had a CTD there.
I think it's somewhere around the AB NDB I get a CTD if a fly or slew from the airport.

My CTD always happens, when i want to enter the area from east (pmdg 737), around "ff26" Its reproducable and only happens, if i come from "outside". This flight for expample from LYBE into LOWI LOC DME 26 East. NANIT 1A STAR, RTT Transistion.

Also an autosave will CTD me at exact same position.

If i start at LOWI and fly around this place, nothing happens.

neu.jpg

same with me, crashpoint at NDB 313 approx. Also terrain.dll with PMDG NGX, ORBX Global, Vector, LC Europe, Trees and LOWI installed + Freemesh.

Tried approach from West, crash at NDB just before right-turn. Tried also departure 08 ADILO1J from LOWI, this time short after passing NDB313 but before right turn to follow SID got CTD from terrain.dll.

in both cases, about 5-7 seconds before crash, the FPS went down from 18-22 to 7-10. VAS usage didn´t change, i had in both cases about 600-700 MB free. short before CTD was in both case´s a 2 second freeze, then 2 seconds normal and then crash. My system handles Aerosoft EDDF without problems so it should be normaly no problem to handle LOWI.

It feels like terrain.dll canot handle the data flow, perhaps there comes more data in than it could process. I don´t know how terrain.dll works but i know that my system has a more than good data-flow from SSD - RAM - CPU but the CPU is not the best (I5 3570k) (thats all just a thought, don´t take it too serious) In the past, terrain.dll errors where always OOM´s because terrain.dll just overflowed...

Hello everyone here in this thread,

Some info.

Well, just to register, as it may be useful, on the occasion of this last update of Windows 10, some unexpected CTDs happened in my P3D.

I've done everything I know to handle these issues. Almost without success. Thus I remembered the Windows 10 update, and did a check inside the registry of my PC. There it was: there were dozens of "pointers" to files that no longer existed.

I cleaned the PC Registry and solved the case of unusual CTDs.

To clean the registry of my PC I used CCleaner, which is my favorite program. But there are others in the market, tho I've never used any other than CCleaner.

a.

01 RegistryNoIsssueFound.jpg

Cheers,

Voyager

Iam also using ccleaner. Still getting those terrain.dll ctd.

As soon i deactivate FTX_AA_LOWI i can fly without error. So its definately a problem with loading in ftx lowi.

Come on guys, its a beautiful scenery, but i cant use it at the moment.

Iam using : P3D3.4, ftx global, eu_lc, vector (only primary and secondary roads), freemeshx, as16+asca, chaseplane, pmdg ngx

i also tried different scenery complexity/autogen and mesh settings. Nothing helped. As soon LOWI loads, P3D crashs.

I need to jump in here, Jarrad. (I opened a threat in the P3D 3.x section before finding this one, sorry for that)

I figured out that after switching MESH RES to 2m instead of 5m, I now can enter/leave the LOWI area to/from the east with the default F-22 without CTD.

Unfortunately, the PMDG 737 caused a CTD again right after the 180 turn at RTT. I will test the patch files now and report again.

#edit: after exchange of the *.agn files I still have CTD when leaving to the east

Hi guys, 

For those still finding the CTD's, could you please try Morimasa66's findings? Please do the following:

1. If you have been following my previous suggestions, please restore your original set of autogen files (these should be in the temporary folder you created in your FTX_AA_LOWI/texture folder). The aim is to have your original set of autogen files in place. 

2. In your FTX_AA_LOWI/texture folder, search for  011223300231101an.agn, rename this file to  011223300231101an.agn.OFF

Run your test flight again, and let us know your findings. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Good news indeed and I think it shows well, the strength of the Orbx community in assisting not only other users in trying to resolve any problems they have, but also in this instance helping one of Orbx' finest developers.

Kudos to you both, and long may it continue.

I am very happy.

To tell the truth,

I checked all the agn files after I divided them into groups of 50.

After that, I divided the group with the error in half and checked them.

And then, I divided the 25 files with some errors into groups of 12 or 13 and checked them.

and I repeated this procedure again until I found the file with the error.

So ,I was very tired・・・・・

Archived