Swiss training the way Martyn expects it

Stillwater

Once again I have to apologize that I confused Martyn with my prevoius post: 

So I tried to meet his valued expectations better by selecting a plane I don´t really know yet, in a region I do know. Taking the PC-21 for a spin from Launceston...

2017-3-12_12-53Launy.jpg

... to Grindelwald (did I call this post "Swiss training"?). I have never been there in real life, so I can´t exactly say where the village is on these screenies... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grindelwald,_Tasmania .

2017-3-12_13-0Grindelwald.jpg

Heading south I had to notice some bushfires at Blackwood ("Schwarzwald"?) Creek...

2017-3-12_13-5BlackwoodCreek.jpg

... before turning around Interlaken. Good location to meet the headline again.

2017-3-12_13-14Interlaken.jpg

Over Valleyfield we prove that this is a swiss bird...

2017-3-12_13-18Valleyfield.jpg

... before getting down safely in Launceston again.

2017-3-12_13-25YMLT.jpg

I have to fly this bird totally manual, as I have no clue yet how to use its functions. Seem I really need more "Swiss training".

Thanks for your nice comments, @Flying_Grandpa, @jury42 and @Iain Emms !

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Fantastic set Gerold.  Is there any way you could get the coordinates of that bush fire?  I'm stunned and amazed Orbx even included such a cool detail!  Any your shots are amazing , hope you learn that bird.

I am not sure if these details were added by Orbx or by OZx (I have the full package installed), but I am sure the fire is just slightly west of S41.43° E146.57° ;)

58 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

I love the shots, but especially the one with the brush fires.  Something you see all too often in real life these days.  Who says we don't have global warming?

I think there is an 70-year-old owner of a construction- and lawsuit company who says that. Always difficult to follow complicated relations when you are used to solve problems by putting stone on stone.

3 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Those shots are "on fire" so to speak! ^_^

You seem to know how I sweated when trying to navigate or land this plane :D.

Now there was me expecting more Swiss 773 shots Gerold!:lol::lol::lol:

No, wonderful series of shots from the beautiful Tasmania with an interesting dialogue as usual.

Not a great sign to see those bush fires so late in the season, maybe you should go back in your CL215 and give them a helping hand.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Now there was me expecting more Swiss 773 shots Gerold!:lol::lol::lol:

No, wonderful series of shots from the beautiful Tasmania with an interesting dialogue as usual.

Not a great sign to see those bush fires so late in the season, maybe you should go back in your CL215 and give them a helping hand.

Whatever I do I confuse you. Maybe I have to resign and quit trying these posts :D!

In the moment I read your words about expecting me to fly a swiss plane in Tasmania, it was clear to me I had to combine these 2 destinations. And I meant not Grindelwald in Berne https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grindelwald or Interlaken in the same Kanton https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlaken . I wonder if there are more "swiss" places in Tassie?

Unfortunately my hangar does not give me a CL215 or other fire fighting equipment. I need the help of other simmers to keep the Island safe, see the GPS coordinates above!

19 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, @adambar and @dolf8857 !

John, you need to click on the (upmost) link to my previous post, Martyn has commented his expectation there :D

I was trying to use my unusual at times - Sense of Humor . It helps me daily to get thru the pain . I hope you will understand . :):)

John

2 hours ago, BradB said:

I was trying to use my unusual at times - Sense of Humor . It helps me daily to get thru the pain . I hope you will understand . :):)

John

Oh so sorry, John. I was "standing on the line" as the german saying goes. :rolleyes:

Archived