Starliners

VH-KDK

Great shots Martyn!  

Erik, my 86 year-old uncle told me he flew on one to San Fransisco and when they started the engine he was very alarmed at the flames.  He said the flight attendant told him it was normal.  I'd love to see one in real life.

Don't you wish some billionaire would re-tool and actually make some?  With today's improved construction and avionics it would be a dream come true.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great shots Martyn!  

Erik, my 86 year-old uncle told me he flew on one to San Fransisco and when they started the engine he was very alarmed at the flames.  He said the flight attendant told him it was normal.  I'd love to see one in real life.

Don't you wish some billionaire would re-tool and actually make some?  With today's improved construction and avionics it would be a dream come true.

Amazing story Jack! In the movie A Hole in the Head somebody tells "I told the flight attendant: Miss, there are flames coming out of the back of the engines, and she gave me chewing gum"

I thought this was a joke but it seems to have happened. :lol:

1 minute ago, Bermuda425 said:

Amazing story Jack! In the movie A Hole in the Head somebody tells "I told the flight attendant: Miss, there are flames coming out of the back of the engines, and she gave me chewing gum"

I thought this was a joke but it seems to have happened. :lol:

:lol:

Star pictures & planes, Martyn.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd love to see one in real life.

No billionaire needed Jack, just a little sponsorship: https://www.breitling.com/de/airtime/super-constellation/ 

8 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

No billionaire needed Jack, just a little sponsorship: https://www.breitling.com/de/airtime/super-constellation/ 

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!

Thanks for that link Gerold.  I wish I could read German but the photos!  What a life that must be, I love the L-39, have them both in the sim.  I would love to fly on that Connie in real life.  Some people have all the luck.

7 hours ago, jury42 said:

Wonderful pics!

Thanks Jury.

6 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Top-flight duo Martyn... literally!

Cheers Erik and thanks for the video of the Connie. The year I went to Avalon the Connie didn't fly because of mechanical problems but it was at our local Mildura Show back in the late 90s. Wonderful sight and sound in RL.

6 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Nice pictures....

Also, fantastic vid of the flame exhausts of the Connie. B425.

Kev

Cheers Kev.

6 hours ago, mikee said:

Great Couple !

Thank you Mike.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great shots Martyn!  

Thanks Jack.

4 hours ago, jankees said:

nice pics, and fun video too

Thanks Jan

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots.

cheers

Iain

Cheers Iain.

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Nice shots Martyn!

Thanks Paul.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Cheers Gerold.

Many thanks for your comments folks.

On ‎7‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, dolf8857 said:

Great shots Martyn!

Thanks Dolf.

On ‎7‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, adambar said:

Couple of beauties martyn! :)  The first one was my very first plane ride in 1961 from Pittsburgh to Chicago. :)

A flight to remember no doubt and how it has all changed over the years.

14 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Sums up the 50s Erik, a beautiful sight. I saw a programme just yesterday and they were flying along by the wharves which were all empty unlike your picture here.

3 hours ago, Flying_Grandpa said:

Beautiful planes in a great set.

Thank you FG.

Thanks for your comments guys, greatly appreciated as always.

Archived