Dragonflies

VH-KDK

A couple of unusual planes.

1.ml1.jpg

The Miles Libellula 5/8 scale of an intended high speed bomber.

2.ml2.jpg

The dragonfly on the tail of a Flying Flea or Mignet HM.14 to give it it's proper name.

Been trying to get this one to work in P3D for ages but tried something different today and success at last.

Thank you Amentiba for giving me the inspiration for one last try.

Great shots, Martyn, the "Mignet" is the smallest plane I have seen for quite some time. The name is similar to a car of equally small size: the Triumph Midget. A friend of mine owned one. It was the only car I never drove myself, as at 6'3" I was not able to get into it ;) 

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:03 AM, jury42 said:

Super planes!

Thank you Jury.

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:13 AM, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Martyn, the "Mignet" is the smallest plane I have seen for quite some time. The name is similar to a car of equally small size: the Triumph Midget. A friend of mine owned one. It was the only car I never drove myself, as at 6'3" I was not able to get into it ;) 

A big problem Bernd when you are a tall, I can remember the Midget from the 60s. Some great looking cars in that era.

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:47 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

That first one Martyn is quite futuristic looking for its time.  I've never seen it before and I like it.  How does it fly?  

Flies great in FS Jack and for such a radical design apparently it flew very well in RL.

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:44 AM, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:48 AM, BradB said:

That second one Martyn is what I would call a real " Wide Body" , looks more like a kite . B):P:lol:

Cheers

John

Thank you John, big problems arise with it if the pilot has a wide body:o

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:54 AM, Stillwater said:

The Libellula is a great design (I have never seen this one befire), an invitation to wikipedia!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_M.39B_Libellula 

Thank you Gerold an interesting plane for sure.

15 hours ago, adambar said:

Almost missed this post Martyn, almost to the bottom of the second page. :rolleyes:  Nice ones, I would have a hard time getting in the second one and an even harder time getting out. :D

Cheers Adam. I would say that with the Flying Flea, if you stomped hard enough you could exit by dropping out through the floor:mellow:

13 hours ago, paulb said:

I always enjoy seeing some of the less common aircraft that you fly Martyn!

Thanks Paul, glad you like them.

12 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Surprising! I've never seen them before.

Thanks bvd, I enjoy looking for these off beat planes.

Many thanks for your comments and interest, glad you liked the shots.

Archived