Street lights (& aircraft Lights)

skypilot

I have a strange phenomenon with street lights and Aircraft lights. I have all orbx regions, OzX airfileds and ORbX free airfields (as well as some bought airfields) and I believe patches installed.

Yesterday when on the ground at Polo Flat (and later when I arrived at YSCB) the all street lights were flashing on and off as though sending Morse code (ET phone home?). Also the lights on my Mooney aircraft do not show the 'dot' of light of the light bulb, and the beacon and strobe lights do not show but I can see the light shining on nearby surfaces.

I just checked the lights again on the ground at Polo Flat (for no particular reason and that was where I was flying to and noticed the street light effects - the a/c light effects I had noticed previously) and believe it or not the street lights do not appear in the scenery (that is the light bloom - the poles are there) until I press shft/ctrl & 'L' on the keyboard to turn on the aircraft lights! Any clues?

I was playing with affinity mask and have since deleted FSX.CFG and have let it rebuild it self - do not believe that made any difference on my system. Also played with buffer pools  - also again do not think it is of benefit on my system but have commented out buffer pools.

Maybe I should try another clean copy of FSX.CFG but then I have to reassign the logitech yoke and pedals mappings and settings.

Oh and I have an i7 920, win7 64 and Nvidia 295 GTX graphics (even at low frame rates shows smoooooooth scenery but now I have learnt not to worry about FPS!)

Have changed the water to none (and 2.x low) and no change. It is something to do with FSX.CFG because everything looks fine with a vanilla FSX.CFG (rename original and let FSX create the new one) apart from the landing lights - I do not see the 'light bulb' but do get the light on the runway, not going to die in a ditch over that - will print out both .CFGs  and see if I can see a difference.

Archived