Need for Open LC with Orbx Regional Scenery

Hi,

I have all the Orbx OpenLC and 'full fat' regional products, but I would like to know if it is necessary to have OpenLC active if I am flying in a full fat region - for example if I am flying in Southern California do I need to have Open LC USA active or can I switch it off in my scenery configurator? I am assuming OpenLC doesn't contribute anything extra if you are already flying in a full fat area, where the scenery will be more detailed that that provided by OpenLC anyway, but is that assumption correct?

The reason I am asking about this is that I am trying set up scenery configuration sets which might reduce my baseline VAS usage when flying in some areas where I also have some VAS intensive addon airports both in the North America and Europe. I am not sure how much VAS I would save by deactivating OpenLC when flying in a full fat region but sometimes every little bit helps!

I apologise if this question has already been dealt with somewhere else in the forums but I couldn't quite find an answer on a search.

Many thanks,

Bill

That's what I assumed but thank you for clarifying it. Will run a test and see if deactivating OpenLC when using regional scenery makes any difference to VAS usage but maybe it won't!

Regards,

Bill

On 3/3/2017 at 4:14 AM, scianoir said:

That's what I assumed but thank you for clarifying it. Will run a test and see if deactivating OpenLC when using regional scenery makes any difference to VAS usage but maybe it won't!

Regards,

Bill

I don't see how deactivating OpenLC will have any effect at all on VAS usage, since your regional scenery is still active and overrides/substitutes for OpenLC in the area you are flying in.

Archived