Unforgettable...

Stillwater

What is the best thing to start the day? Breakfast? Not required. A scenic flight? Good suggestion!

2017-2-25_20-16YFRI.jpg

If you are around, do not miss http://www.freycinetair.com.au/index.html . Good guys, that have deserved some PR (even though I rarely give this).

2017-2-25_20-17YFRI.jpg

Take off over the Friedly Beaches...

2017-2-25_20-18Thefriendlybeaches.jpg
2017-2-25_20-19RL.jpg

... and the village of Bicheno. Good fish, good accomodation, good views from there.

2017-2-25_20-23Bicheno.jpg
2017-2-25_20-24Bicheno.jpg

Following the road along the Chain of Lagoons (which laggons?), ...
2017-2-25_20-30ChainofLagoons.jpg

... but be careful with these wild animals here!

2017-2-25_20-31Roadsign.jpg

Whoever named this the "Elephant Pass", these animals have not been seen there for a long time.

2017-2-25_20-33ElephantPass.jpg

A perfect view of St. Helens, and its magnificent runway location between the beaches and the bay.
2017-2-25_20-39StHelens.jpg
2017-2-25_20-41RL.jpg

Nice AI traffic parked here...

2017-2-25_21-6YSTH.jpg

... but be prepared if you want to take a drive to the beach!

2017-2-25_20-40RL.jpg

Well I have not been deflated looking at your latest glorious post from Tassie, Gerold.

What a great way to start the day in a beautiful part of the world.

Just be very wary of hungry packs of Penguins though.

That would be a very bad start to the day.

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Well I have not been deflated looking at your latest glorious post from Tassie, Gerold.

What a great way to start the day in a beautiful part of the world.

Just be very wary of hungry packs of Penguins though.

That would be a very bad start to the day.

I was optimistic the Penguins were not too hungry in the mornings. I only met a hungry spider down in Bicheno... :blink:

18 hours ago, teecee said:

More of Tassie, Love these shots Gerold, Well done.. Teecee.

Thanks Terry, I am sure you know all these places.

17 hours ago, BradB said:

With a title like that Gerold , my expectation's were inflated to say the least . But you did not disappoint as this post was very engaging . :rolleyes::P:D

Cheers

John

Thank you, John. When you come down there, consider Freycinet Air!

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Man, wonderful!  Gosh I'd love to live there.

A spontanous thought which is easy to understand. But they have strict rules fir immigration!

16 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Gerold, the guys above have summed these pictures up beautifully.

JimNZ

Thanks, Jim!

13 hours ago, adambar said:

What a beautiful place, I could use some warm weather and sun drenched beaches right now. :)  Great post Gerold!

To my knowledge "warm weather" is not so frequent at the sunny beaches down there. But the locals may correct me if I´m wrong...

12 hours ago, jury42 said:

Tndeed a beautiful place.

... always worth visiting, be it virtual or even real.

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Cracking post this .

cheers

Iain

Thanks, Iain!

Here is a test for those of you that like to fly "the lower the better".

On the other side of the hill, (to the North) of Elephant pass, is St Peter's Pass..

From the West, fly in over St Mary's township, and try to fly down the pass to Scamader at zero ft (just above the road) It's an exhilarating flight, with a fair chance that you will crash. This is one of the benefits of Simming.. you can do this really crazy stuff, and live to walk away  if you get it wrong. Teecee.

PS: I hope this did not hijack you thread Gerold, I apologise if you think it did.. Terry.

2 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Beauties from the nice trip Gerold!

Thank you, Dolf!

2 hours ago, teecee said:

Here is a test for those of you that like to fly "the lower the better".

On the other side of the hill, (to the North) of Elephant pass, is St Peter's Pass..

From the West, fly in over St Mary's township, and try to fly down the pass to Scamader at zero ft (just above the road) It's an exhilarating flight, with a fair chance that you will crash. This is one of the benefits of Simming.. you can do this really crazy stuff, and live to walk away  if you get it wrong. Teecee.

PS: I hope this did not hijack you thread Gerold, I apologise if you think it did.. Terry.

This is no hijack, Terry - I was driving this road in 2002, but we were slow enough to survive. Will try in a small plane first...

2 hours ago, antonvs said:

Enjoyed your coverage Gerold. Wonder if your slow trip down Elephant pass gave you time to enjoy some pancakes.

Thanks Anton, and good to see someone cares for the important things. Luckily some time was left, and we filled it in Bicheno:

IMG_2486.jpg

Archived