FTX Innsbruck my first look.

1 minute ago, Iain Emms said:

Thank you Jack, just wait till you have your hands on this its one amazing piece of work by Jarrad.

cheers

Iain

Just say the word Iain.  I know I'm as excited as all the rest of the people here.  Your screens are all contest winners.  I can't wait to explore it, every last nook and cranny.  It'll be fun.

Cannot be too far away now that Iain is teasing us with these scintillating shots,

6 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

As always Iain, superlative shots.

An amazing piece of work from Jarrad.

Not being conversant with the language, I am wondering what is being advertised in the nearest billboard to the upper left, in your 1st shot?:)

TTM

I think it says "Time for me"

I imagine they are holiday destinations, the couple appear to be suitably attired for the sun and the beach.

Hope we don't get any wowsers complain.

Much better when Iain says something like, "meine endgültige ansicht."

43 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

As always Iain, superlative shots.

An amazing piece of work from Jarrad.

Not being conversant with the language, I am wondering what is being advertised in the nearest billboard to the upper left, in your 1st shot?:)

TTM

33 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Cannot be too far away now that Iain is teasing us with these scintillating shots,

I think it says "Time for me"

I imagine they are holiday destinations, the couple appear to be suitably attired for the sun and the beach.

Hope we don't get any wowsers complain.

Much better when Iain says something like, "meine endgültige ansicht."

Yes, "Zeit für mich" means "Time for me". It is actually an advertisement for holiday flights with "Niki" to Mallorca, Kefalonia, Thessaloniki, Lefkas and Vienna (the latter one is actually more a business trip destination from Innsbruck).

"Niki" was originally founded by former Formula 1 champion Niki Lauda after he had sold his first Airline "Lauda Air" to the Austrian Airlines Group, which is now a subsidiary of Lufthansa. Niki Lauda has then eventually sold "Niki" to Air Berlin.

Yes - and of course - some fantastic shots Iain!

1 minute ago, wolfko said:

Yes, "Zeit für mich" means "Time for me". It is actually an advertisement for holiday flights with "Niki" to Mallorca, Kefalonia, Thessaloniki, Lefkas and Vienna (the latter one is actually more a business trip destination from Innsbruck).

"Niki" was originally founded by former Formula 1 champion Niki Lauda after he had sold his first Airline "Lauda Air" to the Austrian Airlines Group, which is now a subsidiary of Lufthansa. Niki was then eventually sold by Lauda to Air Berlin.

Thanks Wolfgang.

I was lucky enough to fly on a Lauda 763 from Phuket to Sydney in May 1991, equal best flight I have had. Fantastic service and beautiful plane.

They really lived up to their motto.

14 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Wolfgang.

I was lucky enough to fly on a Lauda 763 from Phuket to Sydney in May 1991, equal best flight I have had. Fantastic service and beautiful plane.

They really lived up to their motto.

A few years ago I was lucky to have a right hand side window seat on one of Lauda Air's B763, doing the infamous RWY8 circle to land approach into LOWI. It was an amazing sight looking down when doing the final 180° right hand turn down into the valley. I Thought the wingtip will scuff the treetops any second.

16 minutes ago, wolfko said:

"Niki" was originally founded by former Formula 1 champion Niki Lauda after he had sold his first Airline "Lauda Air" to the Austrian Airlines Group, which is now a subsidiary of Lufthansa. Niki Lauda has then eventually sold "Niki" to Air Berlin.

Great background briefing wolfko, thanks! Little tidbits like that are always interesting to me.

Iain, I can't see your screen shot in my PC at work, but I am sure that it is amazing, as your shots always are and this scenery has been looking SO good. It's so close I can taste feel it <rubs hands together greedily>

FPS is no problem for me with i7-6800HK @4.2Ghz OC'd, M2.Evo SSD, Titan X Pascal 12GB. I am testing with P3D 3.4.9 and I have all sliders maxxed except shadows to max -1, getting around 45fps in all directions at 4K resolutiom, sometimes dipping into high 30's. 

Using VR Oculus Rift it's completely smooth if you disable stereo mode.

33 minutes ago, John Venema said:

FPS is no problem for me with i7-6800HK @4.2Ghz OC'd, M2.Evo SSD, Titan X Pascal 12GB. I am testing with P3D 3.4.9 and I have all sliders maxxed except shadows to max -1, getting around 45fps in all directions at 4K resolutiom, sometimes dipping into high 30's. 

Using VR Oculus Rift it's completely smooth if you disable stereo mode.

Hi John,

What do you mean by disable stereo mode and how do you do that?

Cheers,

Craig

When you are in VR cockpit view an 'Addons' menu appears. You select 'Toggle Stereo Mode' from there which only does a single render pass per frame instead of two offset renders. You lose some 3D depth but gain double the frames.

If doing this causes flickering you need to disable ASW by pressing Ctrl+ Numpad1

42 minutes ago, John Venema said:

When you are in VR cockpit view an 'Addons' menu appears. You select 'Toggle Stereo Mode' from there which only does a single render pass per frame instead of two offset renders. You lose some 3D depth but gain double the frames.

If doing this causes flickering you need to disable ASW by pressing Ctrl+ Numpad1

Thanks John, I'll give that a go :)

WOW! A definite instabuy. Will there be dynamic train traffic? Not that it matters for the purchase, but that would surely be the icing on the cake as this IRL always was a beautiful extra touch when flying into LOWI.

35 minutes ago, svenlan said:

WOW! A definite instabuy. Will there be dynamic train traffic? Not that it matters for the purchase, but that would surely be the icing on the cake as this IRL always was a beautiful extra touch when flying into LOWI.

The trains are definitely animated:) I spent a great deal of fun mapping out five different routes across the coverage area - about 30km of routes in total.

Yer if that little golden roof is not there for me to see when flying in on flight BAW684 flight then its a show stopper!!!!

Really!!!

I hope them tables and chairs are modeled as I need a coffee/tea before the return flight. No coffee/tea no flight!!!

I hope your have modeled the view looking at Bill's mothers?;)

• 3 weeks later...

Jarrad has produced yet another masterpiece to add to ALL his others.  I have always loved flying into Innsbruck.  Next to Queenstown, NZ I think it's one of the most beautiful approaches into what I would call a toilet bowl arena.  A stunning project, one that I will purchase no doubt even though I know my flights will be very limited into there for the dreaded noise of death OOM.

Archived