Downmost of Downunder

Stillwater

After some days of quiet life (and running out of liquid stocks) i had to leave from Melaleuca again...

2017-2-19_15-56Melaleuca.jpg

... with another view of the wilderness while climbing out towards Port Davey.

2017-2-19_15-57wilderness.jpg

Tasmania´s southwest cape is hiding ...

2017-2-19_16-3SouthwestCape.jpg

... but the Maatsuyker Islands are not so hard to seek.

2017-2-19_16-9MaatsuykerIs.jpg

At this point we reach the southernmost tip of Australia. Turn right and the next landmass would be Antarctica...

2017-2-19_16-19SouthmostPoint.jpg

... but we turn left towards the little airstrip of Surveyors, ...

2017-2-19_16-29Surveyors.jpg

... the magnificant beaches of Bruny Island, ...

2017-2-19_16-33BrunyIsland.jpg

... and towards Mt. Wellington.

2017-2-19_16-37MtWellington.jpg

Here we see the first city after days of wilderness flying, ...

2017-2-19_16-42Hobart.jpg

... and it´s a big one!

2017-2-19_16-47ConstDock.jpg
2017-2-19_16-48GoodwoodBridge.jpg
2017-2-19_16-49Hobart.jpg

Turning back to southwest over Bridgewater (hmm, how come the name?), ...

2017-2-19_16-52Bridgewater.jpg

... the University telescopes, ...

2017-2-19_16-56MtPleasant.jpg

... and into Hobart airport. Surprisingly my sim crashed after landing, so I can´t get you views of this classical OZx-upgraded airport (today).

2017-2-19_17-3YMHB.jpg

Thank you very much for watching & commenting, @Iain Emms, @RetiredFE, @jury42, @dolf8857 and @BradB!

On 25.2.2017 at 1:41 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent shots Gerold, especially the ones with the bridges in them.  Sorry your sim crashed, OOM?  I can't wait till we never have to type VAS or OOM ever again.

Thanks, Jack, indeed the amount of added details in the Hobart area seemed to be too much for 32 bit. But surely we all will do the move to 64 bit as soon as useful.

On 25.2.2017 at 0:35 PM, VH-KDK said:

Your sim might have had enough of these wonderful shots but we wanted more.

How frustrating after such a long flight, Been there done that!

Some great extras around Hobart too.

You´ll get more in a few minutes, my friend, don´t worry. Some of the extras around Hobart might have been added manually by TeeCee, if you need them...

At least, a crash after landing is not so frustrating.

20 hours ago, teecee said:

As always Gerold, wonderful stuff. You sure do love Tassie don't you my friend? Teecee.

It seems to be you are right, TeeCee - I can´t help it. A long way to go back there again for both of us, but at least we have virtual options.

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

A long way to go back there again for both of us, but at least we have virtual options.

Right on Gerold, and these days I have all the time in the world to do so.. it is very strange, I have all these fancy airports and strips, but I still fly Melaleuca almost every day.. a simple dirt strip. Teecee.

26 minutes ago, teecee said:

I have all these fancy airports and strips, but I still fly Melaleuca almost every day.. a simple dirt strip.

This also sounds like a special relation to that place, my friend. There are some locations of magic to each of us, we do not even need to travel there to get this feeling.

20 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

I am not sure how I missed your thread, but it gets my "Holy Sh*t Batman" award of the day.  Truly an outstanding set of shots.  You must have really enjoyed this flight.  Thanks for taking the snaps because this enabled us to enjoy it too.

Hahaha, thanks for your academy award. I´ll take it as a motivation for an upcoming tour - though I won´t really need it because I enjoyed this tour indeed.

Archived