FTX Innsbruck Full Preview #2: A few of my favourite things

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again guys for the nice feedback guys :)

In answer to some questions: 

On 2/23/2017 at 4:56 PM, mikced76 said:

Can you comment perhaps if in addition to the APX/vector clash there will be any color differences between yours and the photocolor of Austria Pro HD. Will they blend colorwise OK together?

Mike  

On 2/23/2017 at 4:57 PM, barrel_owl said:

Having both masterpieces blending and fitting together is my dream. I fly on that area a lot. I will wait for your instructions then.

Colour blending with Austria Pro HD is quite close, you'll have to look very hard to notice the transition points. Bear in mind a couple of points though:

1. FTX LOWI, as with all ORBX airports, includes all (5) seasons, whereas APHD only has Summer, so you will obviously run into blending problems for many months of the year. 

2. APHD does not include night splashes on the PR (presumably to save a great deal of disk space for customers), whereas FTX LOWI has full LM maps included. 

3. FTX LOWI is designed to blend with FTX Products (Global Base & EU_LC), as such any minor blending problems between LOWI and APHD will remain as such. But after checking again last night, this really isn't an issue. 

4. The autogen density of LOWI is quite higher than APHD so you may notice a slight variation at the edges of our coverage area.

23 hours ago, MikeMarioR said:

Brilliant work. Thats the best scenery of Insbruck which i have ever seen.

A question: What PTA preset do you use?

Mike

20 hours ago, 192handycap said:

Which PTA preset and sky textures are you using ?

2 hours ago, Latte0910 said:

This is an intersting question.... B)

Hi guys, I am using "YT-PTA-2.0-PRESET.rar" - a fairly popular one with P3D screenshot artists at the moment. I found it on Facebook, apologies for not being able to find the link at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Dave, indeed they do, a friend of mine managed to captured a couple last weekend. My understanding is though, that most of the Thomson flights into LOWI (as with most airline flights during the winter) are charters, and as such won't show up on published schedules. 

Cheers,

On 2/23/2017 at 9:45 PM, Vora said:

yes, I know. It's just that the difference in LOD doesn't seem to be as highly visible as in Sedona or Palm Springs.

I can see a LOD difference on the background peak in the first FSX pic and the third to last P3D pic. Maybe PTA does blurr the difference somewhat.

G'day Vora,

Bumping up the LOD has the greatest affect on terrain (mountains) in the distance, so locations where prominent mountains are very close will be far less noticeable. Compared to KPSP, KSEZ and KJAC (where the noticeable mountains are some distance away), KTEX and LOWI are much closer, and therefore less susceptible to the "LOD factor". A similar comment/question popped up with KTEX, so I did a quick comparison set that may be worth checking out

1 hour ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi Dave, indeed they do, a friend of mine managed to captured a couple last weekend. My understanding is though, that most of the Thomson flights into LOWI (as with most airline flights during the winter) are charters, and as such won't show up on published schedules. 

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Jarrard,

Charters, thought it was strange, great photos, thanks for the link.

Looking forward to release.

Jarrad is correct! They are seasonal incoming charters during the winter months (usually from Dec until late March) to bring British skiers to the Tyrolean ski resorts. Although these are charter flights, they have their fixed schedule. 

Here is the actual schedule for all the current charters into Innsbruck

https://www.innsbruck-airport.com/media/17251/Charter_Winter_2016_17_D.pdf

And here is the current schedule for the regular scheduled flights

https://www.innsbruck-airport.com/media/17251/Linie_Winter_2016_17_D.pdf

What a pleasure to see a new reference class airport that is located in my home region. With the huge photoreal terrain around there is a chance that the piece of ground where I'm sitting here on my computer is also included. Me and my credit card can't wait to get the bucks out for this masterpiece... I should try to customise my own building and my car :)

I have Austria HD West as well... but no problem to deactivate it in the scenery library when flying not in summer

Chris

24 minutes ago, onlineflug said:

Hello,

for Nightapproach:

have the houses in the city of Innsbruck also the Strobes on the Top, wich are real flashing when bad visibility?

Hi there, absolutely, the "rabbit" long-distance approach lights that run through the city are definitely included :)

Cheers

Looking forward to doing EGLL(AS) - LOWI

BAW FLS A320 

Not saying they will be VAS problems but if we need to tune it hope the manual tells us what to turn off to save VAS, hopefully we wont have to as there is not much around LOWI

Hope beta goes well and fast!

Innsbruck is absolutely stunning, I love all of your peview images!

Most europeans know Innsbruck at least from passing the city on their way from central europe to italy. The autobahn going up to the Brenner pass (border to Italy) is clearly visible on the related screenshots.

It would be fantastic, to see Innsbruck in aerofly FS2. And it would be a perfect fit to the existing Switzerland DLC. Flying from Innsbruck to Zurich, wow!!!

orbx, please consider to make this part of your project A!!!!

Best regards from Southern Germany

I am so looking forward to this scenery coming out. It is a masterpiece that must be had by all. Get ready to increase the bandwidth of your servers for the massive downloads you'll be getting when LOWI goes on line for sale. Terrific work, Jarrad, as always. But, this time you out did yourself.

Mate,

You have come a long way since we first met at the Cunderdin Airshow :-)

This one is a must, a keeper for sure.  We should catch up for a beer again sometime.

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

I use to "fly" at home with three 24'' full hd monitors, a CH yoke and a dedicated PC with the last versions of FSX and P3D, and several addons, including the Majestic's DASH 8 Q400 and many payware sceneries of Austria and Germany.

My hobby started after a wonderful holiday trip to Innsbruck six years ago (on a Q400 by Tyrolean Airlines). Since then, I came back to that beautiful city two more times.

I am looking forward for this release and also the Germany South scenery!!!

Jarrad and Orbx's people, many thanks!

I'm predominantly an Oz man, so don't get to many other countries, but I started branching out after I bought Global, so I have a goodly portion of OS Airports and regions,now.

LOWI is an interesting place with some very interesting approaches.

Having said that, I probably would not have put this ahead of some of the other regions and airports I have promised myself to buy.......

Then Jarrad bought out the first lot of pics....Wow, they looked great, but now...ditto to all the great remarks.

This will be my next purchase and I'll be looking forward to do some touch and go's like Nikki Lauda, too (how's the guy, flying his own 767..., too much).

Thanx Jarrad for the countless hours of dedication and ORBX for cultivating this amazing talent pool.

Frank

My wife actually asked me if everything is ok with me - after sitting here a couple of minutes staring at the screen with open mouth....
Do you know this meme of Fry from Futurama waving banknotes: "Shut up and take my money!"?
Fitting never better than here.
This will set a watermark hard to beat.

Archived