FTX Innsbruck Full Preview #2: A few of my favourite things

4v4HnIr.jpg

G'day all,

After a little more development time than originally planned, I am very excited to show off the second set of previews of Innsbruck Airport, focusing on the completed airport area. Every effort has been made to push the detail and quality envelope with, whilst still maintaining strong performance and VAS usage. A great deal of help has been provided by my friends Fabian K, Maximilian and Fabian S, who have shown endless patience with my hundreds of requests and questions.  I won't spend too much time just yet discussing the ins-and-outs of the airfield; this will come later. In the meantime, please find a shortened feature list for the airport. For first-time viewers, I would also strongly recommend visiting the original first previews for complete product feature list; this scenery is far larger than just the airport. 

SCENERY FEATURES:

Ultra high-definition rendition of Innsbruck airport

- Extremely detailed ground polygon optimised for FSX and P3D

- Over 30 static aircraft unique to LOWI - no type/skin seen in any other airport project to date!*

- Entirely new custom GSE for Innsbruck - highly detailed refuelling trucks, fire appliances, buses, carts, cars and more. 

- Highly accurate baked ambient occlusion and new lighting techniques

- Complex lighting options to match real-life (including the famous extended "Rabbit")

- Highly accurate APX designed by our resident guru, Graham Eccleston

- Advanced rendering, modelling and optimization techniques for best balance between performance and detail. 

* Aside from the B757 - this was also included with our recent Dubrovnik scenery. 

All shots a mix of FSX-A and P3D. 

As always, be sure to click on each pic to see in full resolution :)

Enjoy!

FSX-A DX10 (with an ancient HDR mod)

jUjZv5U.jpg

ZfyvaIb.jpg

G57aMeM.jpg

gajWBtU.jpg

17aIYa1.jpg

b1H5cXv.jpg

DMSjGqY.jpg

mscrDXi.jpg

XeB1iQy.jpg

izLztrP.jpg

ZcjKJCi.jpg

taXEvkN.jpg

7ttFRgx.jpg

2RbNoIM.jpg

iFJhUge.jpg

G7fSmFc.jpg

FqPROel.jpg

uRBIJu3.jpg

ivOuBJa.jpg

iPs5BYT.jpg

5tu0kPd.jpg

P3D v3.4 (with PTA 2.0)

Eq7OoZo.jpg

DrBcb8A.jpg

pZpv7cG.jpg

Uogo5eQ.jpg

K5CeFYq.jpg

pHC338J.jpg

9D9xCpH.jpg

oCDMUL9.jpg

mMZjg9H.jpg

KmKsaRJ.jpg

N3esqsc.jpg

iuh7PpZ.jpg

BzjMhl6.jpg

gMIwAyr.jpg

dDzVO5j.jpg

BYY6ifU.jpg

AoNYand.jpg

91hvDbt.jpg

gkMhSYw.jpg

41REWfP.jpg

ZVe1eII.jpg

q1WuPSK.jpg

yGS679o.jpg

9PAYRaz.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh - My - God !!!

This is incredible.

Really ?!!! This is Mozart,this is de Vinci. This is the essence of FS programming. It's about how to feel a place and transcript it in FS world.

Oh - My - God !!!

Dom

Well it can't be De Vinci. But this is just about giving a huge amount of work in every squarred inch of the scenery.

So, yes, its De Vinci. In 2054, people will remind you of De Jarrad or The Marshall. (no i haven't drink yet).

Ooooohhhhh

Hmm maybe Johannes Vermeer.

I have travelled this valley 100s of times with train up to Seefeld but this will be my first visit to the airport. It looks jaw-dropping fantastic and spot on! You keep raising the bar with every airport Jarrad. So many details included, that it is hard to imagine the number of hours you have dedicated to this new masterpiece.

Just now, Rob Ainscough said:

How's the night lighting? ;)

Brilliant work.

Cheers, Rob.

O yes..Rob!

Just now, John Venema said:

Will be compatible Rob ;)

O Really John! Compatible with what ;) 

O yes...silly me! 1 beta tester to another ;)

O and BTW SOLD

5 minutes ago, Berni said:

The greatest scenery I have ever seen..!!

Just the parked cars.. any chance to get modern european cars?

I guess "modern cars" (rounded?) would eat up polygons real fast; aside from that I think I remember having seen quite a lot of trucks/jeeps in the Alps, so it's actually quite a good fit unless you take a really close look at the parking lots. :)

15 minutes ago, John Venema said:

We licensed Euro cars from TurboSquid but they were FPS eaters so Jarrad has recoloured our very low poly libs to ensure you don't get a slide show.

Thats interesting. Would be amazing if we could get to the point (maybe with one of these new sims on the horizon) that we could see that license realized. They make beautiful models at TurboSquid

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

You are seeing a masterclass in airport development, nothing less.

Now THAT's understatement! You name any superlative, I second that instantly. Some of the pictures do look like photos that were taken on the real airport. Regarding the cars: even in the alps pickup trucks are not that common on european parking lots, and the most VW T3-Model Campers/Multivans have found their way to the scrapyard. But that doesn't change my enthusiasm one bit. You got me! I will even use my credit card for this one!;)

Waiting for Ian...

Archived