Devonport's new runway

VH-KDK

Hi VH-KDK

Great rendition of YDPO!! I note however that shots 4 and 5 show that the cross Rwy 32/14 is sealed. On my system it is correctly shown as grass with a small sealed section both sides of the Rwys crossing. So you have an additional texture issue there. Do you have REX Worldwide Airports installed? I noticed that it sometimes overrides runways and grass with its own textures even at ORBX airports. You can disable the grass but not the runways. In my case though the correct textures are shown. Just an idea??

Bernie

YDPO-2_(Medium).BMP

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

A marvelous dry landscape you fly over in one nifty flyer! for two!

Cheers Erik, the great land of Oz is a bit parched this time of year.

1 hour ago, BernieFlyer said:

Hi VH-KDK

Great rendition of YDPO!! I note however that shots 4 and 5 show that the cross Rwy 32/14 is sealed. On my system it is correctly shown as grass with a small sealed section both sides of the Rwys crossing. So you have an additional texture issue there. Do you have REX Worldwide Airports installed? I noticed that it sometimes overrides runways and grass with its own textures even at ORBX airports. You can disable the grass but not the runways. In my case though the correct textures are shown. Just an idea??

Bernie

YDPO-2_(Medium).BMP

Thanks Bernie, you are quite right and 06/24 should be bitumen instead of concrete. My knowledge of anything PC would fit onto a pin head and as my new installation of FSX is going well I am too afraid of messing things up. I did have REX WWA installed a while ago but there were so many problems with it I have binned it until a possible fix comes out. A total waste of money for me I am sorry to say. I did a reinstall after that and FSX is running the best I have had it for a long time. I only use it for FTX AU, the OZx airports and things like A2A planes that wont work in P3D!

From what I can understand I think this is an SP2 issue, I don't have Acceleration.

It is great to have YDPO looking so good after all this time:D

Cheers for your help anyway.:)

Great shots, Martyn, it seems that you have just installed OZx at the right point of time to test some new (and - in the case of Devonport at least - long-time-missed) airstrips.

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I did have REX WWA installed a while ago but there were so many problems with it I have binned it until a possible fix comes out. A total waste of money for me I am sorry to say.

I have to second that. Surprising that the REX guys not managed to preserve the airports upgraded by Orbx, be it global freeware or upgraded in the region packs.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:22 PM, Bermuda425 said:

A marvelous dry landscape you fly over in one nifty flyer! for two!

Thanks Erik, I don't want it to be too wet as the Gemini is made out of plywood:o

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:52 PM, BernieFlyer said:

Hi VH-KDK

Bernie

YDPO-2_(Medium).BMP

Thanks Bernie.

20 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

19 hours ago, adambar said:

The airport looks great Martyn as well as your shots of it! :)  Cool plane, just can't remember what the heck it is. :rolleyes:  Old age I think. :D

Thanks Adam, it is the Miles Gemini from the late 40s.

15 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Nice to have the local finally done, nice work

Dead right Ken, for such an important airport it has taken a while.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another nice Martyn.  Glad to see your sims installation going so well.  Hope you get the runway issue resolved.

That is the problem Jack, the sim is going very well and I don't want to mess things up tinkering with stuff which is beyond me.:)

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots, Martyn, it seems that you have just installed OZx at the right point of time to test some new (and - in the case of Devonport at least - long-time-missed) airstrips.

I have to second that. Surprising that the REX guys not managed to preserve the airports upgraded by Orbx, be it global freeware or upgraded in the region packs.

There are several Gerold outside of the packs that I have never installed. Now seems to be the right time but with P3Dv3.4 now running I am torn between which one to develop next. I think it will bee an afternoon in Oz.

With the REX I stupidly jumped straight in and got burned. I have had trouble with REX stuff before and was too eager. It made Adelaide look reasonable though but so many airports it did the opposite. If they iron out the problems and expand the choice of hangar variations it does have potential. The usual thing though, rushing something out before it is ready. A bloody good job some of these developers don't make RL aircraft.:lol:

Thanks to you all for your interesting comments.

Archived