No upgrade fee for Orbx products for next version of P3D

John Venema

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, John Venema said:

You don't have to buy your Orbx products again if you have both FSX and P3D. 

Just install P3D and FTX Central will detect it. Then install your products that are in your OrbxDirect account into P3D by downloading them via FTX Central.

Hi.

You make me very happy! :)

With best regards

Helge S Hansen
norway

John,

Just one of your smaller customers that wanted to say THANK YOU!!!  And yes I am shouting!  You need to give customer support lessons to the world.  Well done, and again, Thank you.

Dean

On 23/05/2017 at 1:18 AM, jjaycee1 said:

I was referring to P3D v3 to P3D v4 and not into FSX which i don't use.

To be safe i will reinstall via Central, but would like to know if the "copy" of the Orbx folder would work.

As I understand it, because of the totally different 64bit file structure the process will only work by allowing FTX Central do it, regardless if from FSX or P3D.

Now that 64bit P3D is coming out I am seriously considering upgrading from my existing FSX especially as I can upgrade my Orbx products free. I do not care what the process is..it's free!!!!   So many kudos to Orbx.  Imagine if you owned a 2010 Ford and Ford announced that you could upgrade to a 2017 model for free!!!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, Bassman said:

Now that 64bit P3D is coming out I am seriously considering upgrading from my existing FSX especially as I can upgrade my Orbx products free. I do not care what the process is..it's free!!!!   So many kudos to Orbx.  Imagine if you owned a 2010 Ford and Ford announced that you could upgrade to a 2017 model for free!!!!!!!!

The comparison is not exactly correct, since you'll probably have to pay for P3D V4 itself. So it's more like: Hey Ford 2010 customer, we have a new undercarriage, which you'll have to pay for, but you can use your old chassis, motor and radio for free with it!

(I really do love the offer!)

I'm speechless JV! This is amazing news. A clever move on your part :) Myself, probably like many others, would have been quite happy to stick with v3.4 due to the expense of replacing all the sceneries and airprorts. Sure, there will be other expenses such as aircraft and the like, but with the main structure of the sim having no upgrade costs, then that will make a decision for many of us I'm sure. Thank you.

When I heard this, I went right out and purchased more of your product. You guys are amazing with your support and this upgrade will keep me buying more and more of your product.  Thank-you so much for doing this and producing such amazing scenery. 

Greg

Thank you for the great work at Orbx and no upgrade fee! Bought almost all the sceneries during the May sale, and looking forward for future releases with the added benefit of 64bit! Yay!

And please, please, please, Caribbean scenery, split, north and south, or, Leeward Islands, Windward Islands, however is best for you. Charge whatever you want! I will give you the last few sheckles in my bank account. I am pleading and begging for you to do it! 

Hi,

It's great to know that the upgrades for P3D V4 are free.  Thank you for this.

Does this offer extend to  the FTX:EU  products I have on DVD only?  At present I am unable to register these in Central V3 so I am wondering if I will be required to repurchase these for P3D V4 or whether there will be a free upgrade route for the DVD products to P3D V4

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, phila said:

Hi,

It's great to know that the upgrades for P3D V4 are free.  Thank you for this.

Does this offer extend to  the FTX:EU  products I have on DVD only?  At present I am unable to register these in Central V3 so I am wondering if I will be required to repurchase these for P3D V4 or whether there will be a free upgrade route for the DVD products to P3D V4

Thank you.

Once the DVD to digital transfer process is ready, you will be able to transfer them to your OrbxDirect account where all product licenses will be good for every sim.

How will we know when the FTX airports will become compatible with Prepar3D v4?  Will it show up in the "Supported Simulators" section on the product page?

Thanks

LM owes you a lot of thanks. I have held off from the move to P3D for a long time, but with the recent breakages in FSX:SE not supporting latest video drivers I did up a quick spreadsheet of all my paid for content. The majority of it is ORBX content, and not having to pay for P3D versions was the convincing I needed to finally convert.

So thanks from me and thanks on behalf of LM for all the sales I am sure this will generate for them lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 1:40 AM, caleb1 said:

How will we know when the FTX airports will become compatible with Prepar3D v4?  Will it show up in the "Supported Simulators" section on the product page?

Thanks

Also, will there be new threads for each airport in the Announcement forum? Since there's no time frame for the updates (meaning it could take anywhere from 2 days to 18 months), it would be good to get some kind of notification when an update becomes available so you don't have to check every day.

On 12.6.2017 at 11:24 AM, JimmiG said:

it would be good to get some kind of notification when an update becomes available so you don't have to check every day

You do know that the forum software already does that for you?

Just go into the announcements forum and click "follow" in the upper right corner. You'll then get a list of options how you want to be notified.

Then you'll get an e-mail as soon as there is a new topic in that forum. There you'll have your notification.

Salut à tous,

merci aux administrateurs de communiquer sur les produits qui ne sont toujours pas compatible avec Prepar3D v.4, j'ai eu la très agréable impression que l'ensemble de mes achats serait rapidement actualisés, mais sur ce point, pas de nouvelles ni de dates.

A vrai dire, je suis très impatient de pouvoir ré-installer; vector; et toutes les scènes achetées(une trentaine env)

Merci de nous tenir informés svp.

bonne soirée

On 6/16/2017 at 1:34 PM, KVSandleben said:

You do know that the forum software already does that for you?

Just go into the announcements forum and click "follow" in the upper right corner. You'll then get a list of options how you want to be notified.

Then you'll get an e-mail as soon as there is a new topic in that forum. There you'll have your notification.

Yeah, but this requires someone to actually post a topic in the announcements forum for each separate airport that gets updated. If the V4 updates are just silently rolled out in FTX Center without any announcement, there won't be any notification emails from the forums. Hence my question :)

• Guest locked this topic

Archived