North by Northwest

Stillwater

The Northwest of Tassie I mean, as this is the next part of my current Wilderness State tour, following yesterday evening´s arrival:

Surely I waited for the sheep to clear runway 34 of Launy...

2017-2-13_20-48-0-533.jpg

... and D-EXDA took off really quick, to show us YMLT in the construction status of the early 2000s. RL picture taken in 2004. Did I ever mention I would be in for a payware update of YMLT? Yes, I think I did... ;)

2017-2-13_20-49-57-197.jpg
2017-2-13_20-50AirportLST.jpg

I have added @teecees OZx scenery additions, for example Breadalbanes industry area, ...

2017-2-13_20-51Breadalbane.jpg

... some important houses in Carrick, ...

2017-2-13_20-55Carrick.jpg

... and the extraction plant in Westbury. I love this level of detail. [RL picture of 2015]

2017-2-13_21-0Westbury.jpg
2017-2-13_21-1TasAlk.jpg
2017-2-13_21-2TasAlk.jpg

Closing in to Mole Creek, ...

2017-2-13_21-16MoleCreek.jpg

... be careful not to come too close down there.

2017-2-13_21-17MoleCreek.jpg

Mt. Roland shows his beauty.

2017-2-13_21-21MtRoland.jpg

A slight southern deviation to Cethana Dam, ...

2017-2-13_21-27CethanaDam.jpg
2017-2-13_21-29LakeCethana.jpg

... Dove Lake and Cradle Mountain. I honestly do miss some details around here, virtually we are even lacking the trees & huts, and the mountain could also be more sharp.

2017-2-15_20-28DoveLake.jpg
2017-2-15_20-30CradleMtn.jpg
2017-2-15_20-31DoveLake.jpg

Back northwest again, to Milkshake Hills airstrip (how come the name?)...

2017-2-15_21-2MilkshakeHills.jpg

... and getting to rest at Smithton. The slow plane combined with headwind makes this trip just over an hour. I mean, if you are not taking photos...

2017-2-15_21-13-34-684.jpg
2017-2-15_21-22Smithton.jpg

Wow, such amazing shots and local knowledge, I still remember driving out to Smithon (Miffton) to take the photos,  Satellite imagery was pretty bad back then and was just learning G-Max. So great to see these old Ozx strips getting enjoyed.

thanks Gerold 

5 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Great set of pics and screens Gerold...

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Nice trip Gerold.

2 hours ago, paulb said:

That is a great post Gerold!

Thank you, Mark, Ben and Paul!

6 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Wow, such amazing shots and local knowledge, I still remember driving out to Smithon (Miffton) to take the photos,  Satellite imagery was pretty bad back then and was just learning G-Max. So great to see these old Ozx strips getting enjoyed.

thanks Gerold 

Indeed I always like to rediscover the old OZx strips, made with such an enthusiasm. Now that we know the current techniques & flows, what would be possible for these bush strips today? Just imagine these birds singing...

If you need support to convince John in order to drive & take pictures for your upcoming projects, just tell us. The Hawaii scenery package could be a good start for this.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm in awe Gerold.  You're knowledge is encyclopedic!  I love these shots and tours.  There's just so much to see.  Whoever said the world got smaller didn't have a clue, it's still huge enough that a person may never explore all of it even in a sim.

Yes it is a pleasure to fly in our Orbx world. And it is getting so big - when will I find time to return to America?

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

If you need support to convince John in order to drive & take pictures for your upcoming projects, just tell us. The Hawaii scenery package could be a good start for this.

Thanks for the offer, but John doesn't need convincing He's always supportive of our projects. Hawaii is a huge project to do it properly and would need possible the co-operation of several developers and that's not easy to co-ordinate.

cheers

Ken 

More familiar places Gerold.

Your RL photo of Cradle Mountain looks like the same as when I was there. The weather can change in just minutes, beautiful and sunny then the clouds descend.

Mount Roland comes up well too, such a prominent landmark of the area.

Great set and now I am even more confused as where to fly next!

Thank you for commenting, @amentiba, @adambar and @mp1852!

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

More familiar places Gerold.

Your RL photo of Cradle Mountain looks like the same as when I was there. The weather can change in just minutes, beautiful and sunny then the clouds descend.

Mount Roland comes up well too, such a prominent landmark of the area.

Great set and now I am even more confused as where to fly next!

Sorry for the confusion my friend.

When we entered the Dove Lake walk, there was a sign mentioning that the area has about 280 days of rain per year. We felt like home.

4 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Gerold, one word. WOW:rolleyes:

cheers

Gumby

( And yes Lonny is in need of a make over)

:). For your comment and the YMLT-make-over-agreement.

Archived