Southbound again

Stillwater

No problems in Melbourne Tullamarine after forcing my sim back to the 1024² resolution. And the immersion stays acceptable with this setting...2017-2-10_19-0YMML.jpg
2017-2-10_19-2-7-949.jpg
2017-2-10_19-2-37-749.jpg
2017-2-10_19-3-7-371.jpg
2017-2-10_19-3-46-701.jpg

Turning into Avalons 36 over Port Henry ...

2017-2-10_19-17PontHenry.jpg

... - just to see I have double textures on the ground in KMAV. A quick search on my HDD showed there was a second (photoreal) scenery for Avalon active. Just as so often: "Are you already flying or still repairing your sim?"

Thanks, @Iain Emms!

3 hours ago, teecee said:

Sad to have to reduce your settings like that Gerold, but great to see I am not the only one to "find" dupe textures.. Great screenshots as always my friend..Teecee.

Well, no issue to reduce to 1024. With my monitor (or is it the eyes?) I do not see a difference to 4096. Just better performance & reliability.

The double textures are often ocurring in places that have been upgraded in freeware (e. g. by OZx) and have later received commercial treatment.

Gerold, did you go from 4096 to 1024 because you say 1024² resolution.  I was thinking about doing this too so I can save VAS.  I'm trying to learn Simstarter but I don't want to ruin my system and I think it will do that if you program it correctly.

Anyway, nice shots, and where are the double textures?  I couldn't see them.

21 hours ago, Taph said:

Great set, still looking good

Thanks Taph, as I said, I am as satisfied as expected.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great shots Gerold.

Not as lumpy or green though as NZ is it.

Yee, seems a bit too hot and dry on the big sandy continent. But you might judge if this reflects real life...?

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Gerold, did you go from 4096 to 1024 because you say 1024² resolution.  I was thinking about doing this too so I can save VAS.  I'm trying to learn Simstarter but I don't want to ruin my system and I think it will do that if you program it correctly.

Anyway, nice shots, and where are the double textures?  I couldn't see them.

Indeed the max_texture_load=1024 is mainly to save VAS - and to keep the memory free for autogen. I do see absolutely no difference in graphics, at least not reducing my immersion.

The double textures were the run- and taxiways in Avalon YMAV, I had some old photoreal for OZx active there in parallel to the orbx scenery.

37 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Indeed the max_texture_load=1024 is mainly to save VAS - and to keep the memory free for autogen. I do see absolutely no difference in graphics, at least not reducing my immersion.

The double textures were the run- and taxiways in Avalon YMAV, I had some old photoreal for OZx active there in parallel to the orbx scenery.

Thanks Gerold.  I am going to do this today.  Don't know why I ever brought it to 2048 in the first place.  :blink:

On 2/13/2017 at 2:17 PM, Stillwater said:

Hi Gerold, I've finally had some time to sit down and tweak things so I can fly some high VAS planes.  But when I changed max_texture_load=2048 to 1024 then made a flight, I went back to the cfg file and lo and behold somehow P3D had changed it back to 2048.  Any idea why this happens?

Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Gerold, I've finally had some time to sit down and tweak things so I can fly some high VAS planes.  But when I changed max_texture_load=2048 to 1024 then made a flight, I went back to the cfg file and lo and behold somehow P3D had changed it back to 2048.  Any idea why this happens?

Thanks.

Not really. I suspect it could be ftx central, as it is the only installing / configurating tool i run occasionally.

Archived