Rodent trouble

VH-KDK

Went to start a flight from LDDU to EDDB today but there is a big problem with a rodent.

My mouse would not work.

So into town and picked up a new one and soon it was installed and ready to fly.

1.db1.jpg

On our way from LDDU after about one hours delay.

2.db2.jpg

The weather ahead is not going to be  too kind for much sightseeing, a last look at Dubrovnik before climbing above the clouds.

3.db3.jpg

After flying over Bosnia Herzegovina we are now back over Croatia again at Novska.

4.db4.jpg

Jasenovac sits on the confluence if the Una and Sava Rivers. Its name means Ash Forest, which sounds idyllic but it was the site of a concentration camp in WW2

5.db5.jpg

Now over Austria and Graz which is the second largest city after Vienna.

6.db6.jpg

At Murzzuschlag with some of the Elbe Sandstone Mountains on the horizon.

7.db7.jpg

Passing the Danube but Vienna is hidden under the clouds.

8.db8.jpg

Well into the descent and close to Jutterbog.

9.db9.jpg

Approaching Berlin Schonefeld.

10.db11.jpg

An empty airport, my my!  I must install my My Traffic.

11.db10.jpg

A perfect touch down for me.

12.dc12.jpg

Another bunch of happy holidaymakers delivered safely back to their home airport. Must remember the RatSak next time.

Hope you enjoyed flying along and a flight well worth repeating with less cloud.

Ooops, shots 10 and 11 are the wrong way round.

I won't try and alter thing as I will probably mess it up even more.

10 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I won't try and alter thing as I will probably mess it up even more.

Nice flight Martyn, and boy do I sympathise with that statement! Sorry to hear about your mouse - they're one of those bits of kit that you tend to take for granted until they break, and then you realise you're lost without them. I like the old MS Intellimouse with 5 buttons, but they're a bugger to get hold of nowadays. Like most things, a victim of upgradus unnecessarious. Manufacturers can't leave things alone any more, they always have to 'update' and 'improve' stuff until it no longer functions. Grumble grumble.

Rant over. Nice pix, and I enjoy looking at a flight like this much more than I ever did crammed in to the back of one of the damn things and actually doing it.

3 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Nice flight Martyn, and boy do I sympathise with that statement! Sorry to hear about your mouse - they're one of those bits of kit that you tend to take for granted until they break, and then you realise you're lost without them. I like the old MS Intellimouse with 5 buttons, but they're a bugger to get hold of nowadays. Like most things, a victim of upgradus unnecessarious. Manufacturers can't leave things alone any more, they always have to 'update' and 'improve' stuff until it no longer functions. Grumble grumble.

Rant over. Nice pix, and I enjoy looking at a flight like this much more than I ever did crammed in to the back of one of the damn things and actually doing it.

Thanks Andy,

Tried to get the old one to work with the plane stuck on the runway but realised it was futile.

Did a quick search before I went out and the first two were $88 and$119. Lucky I just wanted a plain mouse which I got for $14.

It is good to have a rant, they give so much for us to rant about!

Great tour & shots with the Queen (uncommon to see her on this route, though). And you geographic lesson is as good as always, Martyn!

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

a ) .. a big problem with a rodent. My mouse would not work... On our way from LDDU after about one hours delay.
b ) At Murzzuschlag ...

a ) Uncommon to have technical problems communicated so open. This can occur with Lufthansa, but is much more frequent with the German Railway (I have such a delay at least once a week). But they never reveal the rodent issues.

b ) What a place! I have never heard of it.

On ‎8‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, Bermuda425 said:

Sweet sequence of shotz mate! Liked the mouse story as an opening to his long-haul adventure and the wonderfully diverse landscape and weather encountered.

Thanks Eric, I now have an El Cheapo muse that is working like a charm!

On ‎9‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:53 AM, Stillwater said:

Great tour & shots with the Queen (uncommon to see her on this route, though). And you geographic lesson is as good as always, Martyn!

a ) Uncommon to have technical problems communicated so open. This can occur with Lufthansa, but is much more frequent with the German Railway (I have such a delay at least once a week). But they never reveal the rodent issues.

b ) What a place! I have never heard of it.

a) always best to keep the passengers in the picture as to any technical problems, rodential or otherwise.

b)nor had I Gerold. It is incredible what you discover taking a trip on an LH744 as I had never heard of Murzzuschlag either.

Did you know that if you type b) and then press the space bar you get B). I must learn to leave a space in between them as you do!

On ‎9‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:18 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

First, your shots are beautiful Martyn.  But your tour is astonishing to me.  You and Gerold have such a wealth of real-world knowledge I always look forward to your tours.

Thank you Jack, glad you enjoyed the trip and thanks for commenting.

On ‎9‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:19 AM, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

Many thanks for your comments and interest gents. Greatly appreciated.

Archived