Performance monitoring software

grumman

It often occurs to me that I have no real idea how my system is performing internally, in particular where the bottlenecks are. I've got various tools to show CPU usage, memory usage, disk throughput etc. but it would be good to get an overall picture showing everything together in graphical format, and which elements of the system are close to "redline" at any instant. Basically a more advanced and more informative version of the Windows Resource Monitor.

Any suggestions?

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, it would be more than possible on another screen while playing FSX or anything else for that matter. A really useful just to benchmark and see how things are running as of such. Because checking the temperatures after a session of gaming is a bit useless when the temps will be heading down. Well, in most cases they should. As for monitoring performance, been a big user of Everest and for temperatures CoreTemp is my favourite. All the best.

Try dowmloading "Core Temp". It's free. I have ir running on No 2 monitor all the time.

I also use a Gigabyte G15 keyboard which has a small LCD screen that can show you CPU useage and ram useage.

You can also try "Everest" open on "sensors" page. It's pretty accurate. More accurate than my spelling! ???

Archived