It's that Exeter air show again!

andy1252

Yet more 'planes and skins!

e5EWiIA.jpg

zPJ2MSB.jpg

Some of these port-overs don't work so well. Shame about this one, I'd pay good money for a Caranedo or Alabeo Bristol Freighter or something of that sort of quality

4Sv3XfT.jpg

This version is better

jtwXsSi.jpg

WO0oC1Z.jpg

V9tfL5a.jpg

jVMN0e9.jpg

Pntdtc2.jpg

rS32WEv.jpg

fDtTwMk.jpg

And plenty more to come!

What a great collection of old planes Andy. Memory overload coming up.

I used to see Bristol Freighters G-APAU and AV quite often in the very early 70s flying over Bournemouth on their way to the Chanel Islands.

Fancy seeing a Thruxton Jackaroo as well. Just looking at my old spotters book I have actually seen this one at Larkhill in 1971.

Great to see the Argosy, resplendent it its Red Square livery.  We had the yellow IPEC Argosys operating out of Essendon when I came to Oz in 1981.

Tried a few weeks ago to get the Argosy to work, without success.

Yes it would be great to see a Bristol 170, Argosy, Carvair and my favourite, the Avro York, given the payware treatment. We can only live in hope.

Thanks folks. I just cain't stop myself from getting more of these new-fangled flyin' machines. Probably a mild form of OCD. Hey, you do what you gotta do.

10 hours ago, Guinea-Pig on Glideslope said:

I guess you have the UK Sceneries from OrbX.

Hi GP, yep, got all the UK sceneries. Personally, I find them a bit of a mixed bag. Some of the areas, if you know them in real life, are actually not very realistic considering it's a full-fat region. But as long as you don't get too low and close up with familiar places, they're actually quite nice to look at, and generally well representative. Of course, this may be true of all the regions I really like, like PNW, NZ etc, and I just don't know any better!

On 04/02/2017 at 7:58 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

You have to have the most eclectic and interesting hangar I have ever seen!

And I really need to spend some time tidying it up and logging it all! My spreadsheet is way out of date. But I've just figured out a cunning plan to link all the user manuals and readme's into my master spreadsheet so once I've got that sorted . . .

On 04/02/2017 at 7:30 PM, VH-KDK said:

Memory overload coming up.

Yep. I never was a big plane spotter in RL, but I have fond memories of Austers, and the various car ferries, at Southend Airport when I was a kid. Got myself the UK2000 Southend Airport (although it's modern, of course) and was hoping to fly some of these around there.

On 04/02/2017 at 5:09 PM, Mark Abdey said:

looking forward to next years show

Next year? Pah, we have 'em every few weeks!

Archived