Air New Zealand Regional Service

Stillwater

No no, mates, my NZL tour is not over. Still some work to do with bigger planes. Like today: Heavy traffic in the morning getting out of NZAA.

2017-1-29_16-51NZAAparade.jpg
2017-1-29_17-25NZAAjam.jpg

Leaving over Manakau Harbour...

2017-1-29_17-36Auckland.jpg
2017-1-29_17-36ManakauHarbour.jpg

... to see Mt. Taranaki and New Plymouth shortly after. Hi @JimNZ, are you already awake?

2017-1-29_18-0MtTaranaki.jpg
2017-1-29_18-1MtTaranaki.jpg

A beautiful view of Mt. Ruapehu from business class...

2017-1-29_18-8MtRuapehuC.jpg

... this is what is shown in economy.

2017-1-29_18-8MtRuapehuY.jpg

But the cockpit view of Wellington is not much better.

2017-1-29_18-32NZWNapproach.jpg

While the cockpit was heavily shaking (great effects from Majestic & EzDoc!), all over sudden some mountains appeared out of the fog. Scary...

2017-1-29_18-44fearshake.jpg

At least, Lower Hutt became visible shortly after...

2017-1-29_18-45LowerHutt.jpg

... and over the bay Wellington and runway 16 showed themselves much better, what a relief to the pilot.

2017-1-29_18-46Final16.jpg
2017-1-29_18-48NZWN.jpg

Flying the Majestic Dash8 Gerold, you are a legend!

Another top class set here, perfect. I love the Dash8 and the Air NZ livery. The scenery and weather tops it all off.

#6 in line to take off though, did you procrastinate at the gate too long and let the AI traffic build up like I sometimes do?

A good view from economy, and you can always tell the pilot if the gear has failed to deploy properly.:o

Dear Gerold.

What can I add to what's already been said, except to also say, what a collection of beautiful shots. Could you please stop off at 'The Naki" phone me, and I'll be at the airport in a jiff and keep you company to the windy city, Wellington.:)

Thank you for watching & commenting, @mikewies, @RJ, @Iain Emms and @mikee!

6 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow. Well done. Wouldn't like to sit in economy though. 

Well, if you get a seat even more in the back the sights get better again... ;)

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Incredible tour Gerold!  Gosh, I love it!  And I have a question.  What AI traffic program are you using to get that wonderful NZ livery on the AI planes?  It's stunning.

Thanks Jack. I use World of AI, plus the Orbx Oceania AI traffic. Seems to be that 07:00 is quite a busy time to take off from NZAA...:D

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Flying the Majestic Dash8 Gerold, you are a legend!

Another top class set here, perfect. I love the Dash8 and the Air NZ livery. The scenery and weather tops it all off.

#6 in line to take off though, did you procrastinate at the gate too long and let the AI traffic build up like I sometimes do?

A good view from economy, and you can always tell the pilot if the gear has failed to deploy properly.:o

I have written a checklist for this plane, so it is just hard work, no need to be a legend :rolleyes:. However, it takes some time to get the Majestic started, that is why so much AI came in front of me.

The weather was real this time, squeezed into REX textures by FSGRW. And the scenery provider that made this great job might be known to you.

Even if the economy traveller would notice the gear not deploying, the way to the cockpit would be fairly long to report. Perhaps the advantage of such a seat does not help too much.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

The man , the legend what more can we say about you Gerold , just keep the fab shots coming my friend . :rolleyes::P:D

Cheers

John

Thank you John, I enjoy your comments as much as your posts!

34 minutes ago, JimNZ said:

Dear Gerold.

What can I add to what's already been said, except to also say, what a collection of beautiful shots. Could you please stop off at 'The Naki" phone me, and I'll be at the airport in a jiff and keep you company to the windy city, Wellington.:)

I´ll try next time and find a reason to judge my delay to the airline. With local knowledge the flight would have been much safer B)!

Archived