Lancair cockpit shadows yes or no

Pepperman

I have really enjoyed all my new scenery I purchased over the holidays. I would like to buy the Lancair aircraft from Orbx and want to know if that plane will show interior shadows in the cockpit when flying. Since I believe the old default planes did not enable interior shadows as far as I can tell, I want a plane that does and assume that a new plane from Orbx would. I am on FSX steam. Can anyone confirm interior shadows?

Thanks.

Pete.

Hi Ron. I don't have DirectX 10 checked on. Is DX10 DirectX 10? I tried checking it on a long time ago and it did not work properly. I have no planes that show interior plane part shadows on the surface of the cockpit. I only say what it looks like from the orbx video for Tapini and thought... hey, how come my planes don't do that. I did try by checking "on" the item that says "aircraft casts shadows on itself" but that only did exterior shadows. So if I buy the Lancair and I check off "aircraft casts shadows on itself", will I get shadows in the cockpit....without DX10? And on another topic: how would I get DX10 to work if I wanted and what does that do?

Thanks for your reply.

Pete.

Personally I have never had a problem with interior shadows and reflections, and I have never bought any "fixers". interior shadows and reflections are a big part of what brings the sim to life for me. I run a lot of older purchased and freeware aircraft, and I believe they all show interior shadows, though to be certain of this I will have to test each aircraft. Teecee.

PS: if you look at top right in the screenshot you will see both shadows and reflections in this old C210 from Carenado that I have had for yearsshadows.jpg

FSX, Steam or otherwise in the Direct X 9 mode is not capable of displaying shadows in the virtual cockpit.

In its default form, the Preview Direct X 10 mode does allow the display of VC shadows

in native FSX aircraft models that have the shadows enabled.

As far as I can see, although the model appears to be native FSX, the Orbx Lancair does not display VC

shadows in the default Preview Direct 10 mode.

Presumably the developer did not enable the shadows.

It does display VC shadows if the Preview Direct X 10 mode is fixed by the Direct X 10 Fixer.

What flight sim are you on? Does that shadow on the vertical white bar move when you turn? I have similar slight shadows on some of my old planes as well but they are not as defined they are softer and do change when turning, ever so slightly.

What I was wondering about were the hard edge shadows from the other parts of the plane cast on the front part of the cockpit as what you see in the screenshots of the Orbx Lancair. I don't get shadows like that on any of my planes.

I think I need P3D for those shadows. Or DirectX 10.

Thanks.

Pete.

Ok thanks Nick. I sent a reply before I read your post. You are right, so I guess the screenshots of the Lancair  must have the DirectX 10 fixer since those screenshots in Orbx show different shadows. I will still probably buy the plane anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Pete.

Archived