Down the California coast with the Navy (and what we did there)

andy1252

So, the first part of a jaunt in the rather splendid Virtavia F3H Demon. Left San Diego and headed down the coast, planning to travel down Baja, cut across inland, and head back up into So-Cal over KPSP way. I really love the level of detail in SCA - if you've got a big screen take a look at these full size, they're all 4k images.

sadGykf.jpg

qICuSOe.jpg

49MalIo.jpg

Wonderful scenery so far, will turn in soon and head across

D2tihBy.jpg

EGqd7gp.jpg

IUBsGxZ.jpg

i1ApWkN.jpg

Have crossed the peninsula and turned north, back in the USA now and planning to head up to Palm Springs

Il5BUV8.jpg

bMrOSHL.jpg

BgnO3ko.jpg

4Y21qU0.jpg

nearly there

LhURhuG.jpg

Not actually stopping here, just thought I'd make a noise and maybe break a few windows

GIRScoA.jpg

9lA2eHE.jpg

Heading up towards San Bernadino next

ByBfNZj.jpg

Not actually stopping there either

HXSnDId.jpg

JXjYClF.jpg

Gonna push on and put down at Palmdale.

vQHDtgN.jpg

EZsODU5.jpg

o1Vh9Bw.jpg

Time for a sandwich and a shower, then the real bad behaviour will be on the next leg!

11 minutes ago, hwh86 said:

All the time maintaining radio silence I suppose, exactly my style. Superb screen shots.

I prefer to imagine this has an eight-track rather than a radio!  Led Zep flat out all the way!

6 minutes ago, JimNZ said:

Beautiful pictures.  Well done Andy.  By the way, my eyes couldn't quite read what it said, but what is your flight planner called?

Hi Jim, it's a freebie called FSTrampFree. I only use it as a moving map so couldn't say what it's actually capable of. I know this free version is described as 'limited' by the vendor but it's fine for my purposes.

First rate tour Andy.

Some excellent misty mountain scenery in this set.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

I prefer to imagine this has an eight-track rather than a radio!  Led Zep flat out all the way

Don't know if the 8 track would put up with the virbration but Led Zep is definitely the way to go.

Archived