Announcing San Diego International Airport - KSAN

11 hours ago, sun_king_135 said:

What is wrong with the LatinVFR scenery? It's great as well. :)

What's the difference? I can see the city and possibly a compatibility with P3D. But please I'm just being curious. 

This..

nobody doubts the quality of ORBX, and the shots clearly show it, however one can't help but wonder why on earth they would pick an airport that has already been done by a pretty good quality dev, instead of better focusing on another that may be lacking. 

9 hours ago, teecee said:

First  effort from a new designer, well done mate.. I was stunned at the screenshots.

Sad to see a couple of criticisms of the man's first effort though.. although they are mainly from relatively new posters, so don't give them too much thought Matteo. Teecee.

+1..

agree an all counts...looks great !

18 hours ago, Stingrey said:

First i was excited but the pictures are looking so plastic. The ground textures are way to clean... please make the them look like the airport is in use for more than four decades. It's a beta but it still needs some work to be a high class orbx product.

Yeah, a bit of encouragement goes a long way - not here it seems.

12 hours ago, teecee said:

First  effort from a new designer, well done mate.. I was stunned at the screenshots.

Sad to see a couple of criticisms of the man's first effort though.. although they are mainly from relatively new posters, so don't give them too much thought Matteo. Teecee.

I am sure deep down they are nice guys teecee.

Good on you Matteo, (it is Australian for "you have done well"), I'll be one of the first to buy it when it is released.

Well, I think this will be a wonderful addition to my Orbx library and will be looking forward to it's release. I have full confidence that the final product will really look even better than it already does. And I agree, this is a very nice surprise that was great to pop up on our radar. :) 

Primo product! As usual with ORBX products, the airport and cityscape are provided - nice bonus. Final product will likely be a stunner. The current openLC NA and SoCal already make the KSAN area very detailed and interesting [example: fly low and slow north on the coast from KSAN - look at the Torrey Pines GC]. This addition will up flying in the San Diego experience to a new level.

Remember that the photos that you are seeing are from the beta level development. This is isn't finished yet.

Nice surprise!

23 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Also hoping this is a Global Airport asset and SCA is not required - the reports of performance issues on SCA have kept me from purchasing it for my 2700K...

Regards,

Scott

???? Why is people talking about VAS problem in SO CAL??? I often fly there often. Here is a video I did when it came out.

Ben

1 hour ago, Benny said:

???? Why is people talking about VAS problem in SO CAL??? I often fly there often. Here is a video I did when it came out.

Ben

Hi Ben,

My comment wasn't aimed at VAS - it was I've seen a bunch of "poor frame rate" comments in heavily populated areas on SCA - more than I've seen on other regions... I do own regions - but I prefer the more rural ones... My 2700K at 4.7GHz does pretty well for its age but I don't need to overwhelm it... I've got the LatinVFR KSAN - with Global FTX - OpenLC NA, and Ultimate Terrain now and my rig handles that pretty well... I'd prefer standalone airports in heavily populated areas...

Fortunately - based on a previous comment - they seem to be making it compatible with both scenarios...

Regards,

Scott 

I have owned the LVFR version for a long time and have certainly got my use out of it, it owes me nothing but it does show its age after all this time and changes at the airport. I was looking for an update to it and was surprised and pleased on who would be executing this desire of mine. This is one of my favorite regions, so this will be an instant sale. I understand this is a beta preview and Matteo's first project, but I do wish for some modeling of the skylights on the terminal buildings. With the aircraft at a gate right near them they stand out to me as they currently are rendered with blurry textures even from a distance. They look outdated in terms of rendering techniques in today's era and standards. Either way, I will put this scenery to great use as well. Thanks.

Edit: Oh I almost forgot! I hope you include the unique lighting on the downtown buildings that you have so faithfully modeled, some of them are very unique and make the downtown night scene stunning. Google San Diego night skyline images to see what I mean. ;)

Cheers,

Thad

Does this mean that ORBX might be venturing into the US mid-sized airport market?  Here's the top 100 busiest US airports in 2015:

Rank ID City Airport Name
1 KATL Atlanta Hartsfield - Jackson Atlanta International
2 KLAX Los Angeles Los Angeles International
3 KORD Chicago Chicago O'Hare International
4 KDFW Fort Worth Dallas-Fort Worth International
5 KJFK New York John F Kennedy International
6 KDEN Denver Denver International
7 KSFO San Francisco International Airport San Francisco International
8 KCLT Charlotte Charlotte/Douglas International
9 KLAS Las Vegas McCarran International
10 KPHX Phoenix Phoenix Sky Harbor International
11 KMIA Miami Miami International
12 KIAH Houston George Bush Intercontinental/Houston
13 KSEA Seattle Seattle-Tacoma International
14 KMCO Orlando Orlando International
15 KEWR Newark Newark Liberty International
16 KMSP Minneapolis Minneapolis-St Paul International/Wold-Chamberlain
17 KBOS Boston General Edward Lawrence Logan International
18 KDTW Detroit Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County
19 KPHL Philadelphia Philadelphia International
20 KLGA New York Laguardia
21 KFLL Fort Lauderdale Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International
22 KBWI Glen Burnie Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall
23 KDCA Arlington Ronald Reagan Washington National
24 KMDW Chicago Chicago Midway International
25 KSLC Salt Lake City Salt Lake City International
26 KIAD Dulles Washington Dulles International
27 KSAN San Diego San Diego International
28 KHNL Honolulu Honolulu International
29 KTPA Tampa Tampa International
30 KPDX Portland Portland International
31 KDAL Dallas Dallas Love Field
32 KSTL St. Louis Lambert-St Louis International
33 KHOU Houston William P Hobby
34 KAUS Austin Austin-Bergstrom International
35 KBNA Nashville Nashville International
36 KOAK Oakland Metropolitan Oakland International
37 KMSY Metairie Louis Armstrong New Orleans International
38 KMCI Kansas City Kansas City International
39 KRDU Raleigh Raleigh-Durham International
40 KSNA Santa Ana John Wayne Airport-Orange County
41 KSJC San Jose Norman Y Mineta San Jose International
42 KSMF Sacramento Sacramento International
43 KSJU San Juan Luis Munoz Marin International
44 KRSW Fort Myers Southwest Florida International
45 KSAT San Antonio San Antonio International
46 KCLE Cleveland Cleveland-Hopkins International
47 KPIT Pittsburgh Pittsburgh International
48 KIND Indianapolis Indianapolis International
49 KCMH Columbus Port Columbus International
50 KMKE Milwaukee General Mitchell International
51 KOGG Kahului Kahului
52 KPBI West Palm Beach Palm Beach International
53 KCVG Greater Cincinnati International Airport Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International
54 KBDL Windsor Locks Bradley International
55 KJAX Jacksonville Jacksonville International
56 KANC Anchorage Ted Stevens Anchorage International
57 KBUF Buffalo Buffalo Niagara International
58 KABQ Albuquerque Albuquerque International Sunport
59 KONT Ontario Ontario International
60 KOMA Omaha Eppley Airfield
61 KBUR Burbank Bob Hope
62 KMEM Memphis Memphis International
63 KOKC Oklahoma City Will Rogers World
64 KPVD Warwick Theodore Francis Green State
65 KRIC Highland Springs Richmond International
66 KCHS Charleston Charleston AFB/International
67 KRNO Reno Reno/Tahoe International
68 KSDF Louisville Louisville International-Standiford Field
69 KTUS Tucson Tucson International
70 KGEG Spokane Spokane International
71 KORF Norfolk Norfolk International
72 KLIH Lihue Lihue
73 KBOI Boise Boise Air Terminal/Gowen Field
74 KKOA Kailua Kona Kona International at Keahole
75 KGUM Tamuning Guam International
76 KELP El Paso El Paso International
77 KTUL Tulsa Tulsa International
78 KBHM Birmingham Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International
79 KGRR Grand Rapids Gerald R Ford International
80 KALB Albany Albany International
81 KLGB Long Beach Long Beach /Daugherty Field/
82 KSFB Sanford Orlando Sanford International
83 KROC Rochester Greater Rochester International
84 KDSM Des Moines Des Moines International
85 KDAY Dayton James M Cox Dayton International
86 KMHT Manchester Manchester
87 KSYR Syracuse Syracuse Hancock International
88 KSAV Savannah Savannah/Hilton Head International
89 KLIT Little Rock Bill and Hillary Clinton National/Adams Field
90 KGSP Greer Greenville Spartanburg International
91 KPSP Palm Springs Palm Springs International
92 KMYR Myrtle Beach Myrtle Beach International
93 KPWM Portland Portland International Jetport
94 KTYS Alcoa McGhee Tyson
95 KGSO Greensboro Piedmont Triad International
96 KMSN Madison Dane County Regional-Truax Field
97 KPIE Clearwater St Pete-Clearwater International
98 KPNS Pensacola Pensacola International
99 KICT Wichita Wichita Dwight D Eisenhower National
100 KCAK Akron Akron-Canton Regional

20 hours ago, walterg74 said:

This..

nobody doubts the quality of ORBX, and the shots clearly show it, however one can't help but wonder why on earth they would pick an airport that has already been done by a pretty good quality dev, instead of better focusing on another that may be lacking. 

Could not disagree more.

The Latin VFR effort whilst good around the actual airport is awful when it comes to the surrounding areas with the dreadful low res PR textures.

Its always great to see Orbx doing an airport in the region areas because you can guarantee the quality of it fitting in with the surrounding terrain.

1 hour ago, GlennH said:

Could not disagree more.

The Latin VFR effort whilst good around the actual airport is awful when it comes to the surrounding areas with the dreadful low res PR textures.

Its always great to see Orbx doing an airport in the region areas because you can guarantee the quality of it fitting in with the surrounding terrain.

Agree to disagree. I would rather they do an airport nobody has done then this...

On 1/19/2017 at 3:04 PM, Stillwater said:

Looks great, no doubt this will be a work of Orbx standard.

But... why is our small FS market currently seeing so many places with sceneries being developed twice (e. g. Munich, Innsbruck, Barcelona, JFK for sure, even KAVX), while other places suffer from good payware (e. g. Perth)? I am not sure this is the most effective use of resources - and it surely reduces sales potential.

because some of them do it so poorly.... ORBX is top notch. Also, remember you dont have to buy it and they can spend their resources how they seem fit.

Looks great as always, but I'm going to be the one to bring up that this opens the door for others, like KPDX that was cancelled. Lets go ahead and start working on that again shall we, maybe go ahead and update Portland a little while we are at it. and just incorporate the PDX freeware with it, as portland has changed a lot since this was originally made. Hey I will even take any pics you need as I live here and can help with that. Sorry... I got a little excited there... great scenery does that. LOL. Keep up the good work ORBX.

22 hours ago, Benny said:

Ben

Hop in the PMDG 737 or 777, FsLabs, and come back comparing vas. Your airplane takes up little vas so you of course are not going to see problems flying in that almost default aircraft.

On 1/19/2017 at 2:50 AM, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hello Everyone!

I am very pleased to announce my first airport with Orbx, KSAN - San Diego International Airport. San Diego is located in Southern California, close to the Mexican border. A beautiful approach, flying low over the central business district, San Diego is also the busiest single-runway commercial airport in the United States.

San Diego is a medium sized airport, serving around 500 scheduled flights daily, with destinations across the United States and Canada. San Diego also welcomes a few international flights from the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico and Japan, as well as flights from Germany and Switzerland to commence in 2017. Whether you're flying the 737, 777, 757 or the A320, San Diego has it all. I have included the city with carefully hand placed trees as well as houses. I have also custom modeled the buildings and stadiums in the city. San Diego has entered beta, so look out for previews from the other guys.

Saluti,

Matteo!

2017-01-19_10-45-16-PM202.jpg

Progress looks great thank you. This one picture could use some sharpening of the car shadows on the ground. They are pixelated close to the camera.

1 hour ago, B77X said:

Hop in the PMDG 737 or 777, FsLabs, and come back comparing vas. Your airplane takes up little vas so you of course are not going to see problems flying in that almost default aircraft.

It's a well know problem on 32 bit platform...  I'm just saying that SCA is pretty equal to any other fat full region as to FPS.

I think that my Q400/Quality wing Avro is as good as some FPS hungry PMDG plane and is far from stock FSX plane :stuck_out_tongue:

I have my share od FPS hungry plane.

Ben

2 hours ago, B77X said:

Progress looks great thank you. This one picture could use some sharpening of the car shadows on the ground. They are pixelated close to the camera.

That screenshot was taken from the the window in the airport bar upstairs that overlooks the parking garage, after a few cocktails...  :P

4 hours ago, Benny said:

It's a well know problem on 32 bit platform...  I'm just saying that SCA is pretty equal to any other fat full region as to FPS.

I think that my Q400/Quality wing Avro is as good as some FPS hungry PMDG plane and is far from stock FSX plane 

I have my share od FPS hungry plane.

Ben

Except it's not... everyone knows the socal region is pretty loaded up with stuff that makes it more demanding, on both mem and fps..

Archived