Zah, Zah.......

VH-KDK

Great colours & details of HKG. Perhaps that is the reason for the soon and unfortunate end of your flight.

I assume you used the plane as a "STRG E" starter, so you did not have to make a long pre-start before the disappointment?

However, more than an OOM after takeoff I hate it ocurring before the landing is finished, the worst time would be just before touching ground. There is a medical term for this, but I would be banned if I use it here.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, Bermuda425 said:

Za Zoo Za! Look how gorgeous your shotz look!

Cheers Erik.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, RJ said:

At least when P3D x64 is released you will enjoy this to the fullest! :)

Thanks RJ but do you mean FS or will the quality of the OOMs get better:o

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:02 PM, tom2rific said:

at least you got 3 fantastic shots out of it...the colours are just beautiful..well done !

tom

Thank you Tom.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, olderndirt said:

Life is a two way street.  Some gains require sacrifice - gotta lay off the fortune cookies :).

Cheers Oldern, I stopped the cookies a long time ago, they were costing me  a fortune:huh:

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, Republic DC-9 said:

Great shots.

Someday, (soon, I hope), we'll all reminisce about OOMs and hobby newcomers will be like "what's an OOM!?" 

Steve

Nice thought Steve, the speed of which all is progressing lets hope it is not too far away.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, adambar said:

Now that's a bummer, great shots anyway! :)

Cheers Adam, must be the cluster of airports around HK.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:08 PM, andy1252 said:

Great shots, Martyn. I'll have to try there - see if I can add to my own collection of OOMs. I seem to get them in all sorts of unlikely places lately.

It's when I start getting them in RL I figure I should really worry.

Cheers Andy, my memory is already there. As long as I can remember the important things in life, like getting the wife up for work on time and how to start the PC:lol:

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, Iain Emms said:

Great shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:09 PM, Voyager said:

Marvelous set of screenshots.

Voyager

Cheers Voyager.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:35 AM, bernd1151 said:

Love your shots, Martyn

Thanks Bernd.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:36 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thant stinks Martyn!  Nice shots but any ideas what triggered it?

Thanks jack, no idea about anything to do with the PC I'm afraid. Maybe the 4 payware airports close together is too much for the com, just a thought.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:34 AM, Stillwater said:

Great colours & details of HKG. Perhaps that is the reason for the soon and unfortunate end of your flight.

I assume you used the plane as a "STRG E" starter, so you did not have to make a long pre-start before the disappointment?

However, more than an OOM after takeoff I hate it ocurring before the landing is finished, the worst time would be just before touching ground. There is a medical term for this, but I would be banned if I use it here.

Thanks Gerold, yes an easy start which saves the frustration of spending 15 minutes pressing this button, flicking that switch and then an OOM when taxying out to the runway. 

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:36 AM, bvdboomen said:

Great screenies! It's just like a Word document: save regularly! :D

Very right, I have got into the habit of saving just before descent for 2 reasons. One is the OOM and the other is that when I stuff the landing up I can go back for a second or third try.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:39 AM, dolf8857 said:

Then . . . Must be a UFO commin' by?       Shots are super Martyn!

Thanks Dolf. UFO is what the PC said to me!

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, antonvs said:

Three lovely shots Martyn, shows you've gotta get 'em when you can.

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

Cheers Anton, he who hesitates is lost.

Many thanks for your great comments, much appreciated as usual.

Archived