Very Frustrated - 2 Crashes KBLU Runway 34

I tried flying to my new KBLU from KSTS in my Cessna turboprop today, it said I "crashed" while touching down.

Oh well, maybe I was going too fast I thought, but can normally land that anywhere.

So I flew my Citation II there, was anout to make a perfect landing and boom!

Another crash?!

Something is very wrong here....no fixes?

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks Desert Pilot, that worked.

I'm just very relieved I'm not THAT bad of a pilot. :)

After the first disaster I brought that Citation in so carefully...white knuckles and all of it, perfect speed, perfect flaps, that gorgeous but terrifying canyon below...right about to plant it gently right beyond the displaced threshold and BOOM!

Airports on cliffs scare me to death...yet I can't seem to get enough of 'em!

Steve

2 hours ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Thanks Desert Pilot, that worked.

I'm just very relieved I'm not THAT bad of a pilot. :)

After the first disaster I brought that Citation in so carefully...white knuckles and all of it, perfect speed, perfect flaps, that gorgeous but terrifying canyon below...right about to plant it gently right beyond the displaced threshold and BOOM!

Airports on cliffs scare me to death...yet I can't seem to get enough of 'em!

Steve

I'm glad you fixed it DC9... I was going to recommend you get a copy of FSflyingschool before the sale ended:lol:

18 hours ago, lixfeldt said:

I'm glad you fixed it DC9... I was going to recommend you get a copy of FSflyingschool before the sale ended:lol:

Hee hee!

I probably still need "Flying School" - I was showing my wife a takeoff in the Citation from Juneau, gawked at the pretty scenery in outside view, and promptly went into a horrible stall and crashed!

But in the case of the KBLU landings I was focused and actually looking out the windshield, not playing with the "V" key :)

Steve

• 7 months later...

Turning off crash detection is NOT a solution!

Noticed several posts about this so I am posting this reply in all of them in the hope it will be fixed. I had to post a video to YT to complain about another

devs lack of a fix for a local airfield before they agreed to fix it after ALSO saying turn CD off. I never intend to 'fly' with it off anywhere!

FSX Steam Edition

FTX Central latest

Win 10 64 bit

KBLU BCN

ORbX US Scenery (all of it)

FS Genesis (does not give problem with any other airfield - wouldnt I SEE me hitting the ground if there was a conflict?)

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Had it for months, just decided to post about it but see it already here.

First noticed it during a perfect landing with A2A Mustang....as soon as touched the runway = CRASH!

I thought what? No problem with airport elevation as looked great. Repeated twice from reload then decided to

just load aircraft straight at parking spot. From memory I believed this worked but as soon as I moved the plane one inch = CRASH!

So i thought I'd load the plane to the runway.. CRASH!

Some airfields have had similar problems which have been fixed by uninstalling and re-installing again. Not KBLU.

The other strips in the pack are fine, I make a point of landing on every Orbx strip I own (which is all but 2 world-wide) and this

is currently the only strip with problem as described by OP above,

If you wish I can make a video of me landing there with Xsplit and share from YouTube. 

Regards

Russ

Of course I love my OrbX - I own almost all of it would love to be able to use this strip!

PS I had a 'crashbox' problem with another devs KDAB. Plane always crashed during approach with crash detection on. I Posted video of incident and devs found and fixed the issue.

Archived