Connie from KRRD to KCIC

Jack Sawyer

So I finally got the cameras set up.

AS16 on

All Orbx all the time.

And Adam's PTA and his REX sky color settings.

Thanks Adam!

Bought KRRD on sale, I must have bought a dozen of 'em!

I must have not pressed the right button I assigned for screens because at KCIC, Chico Muni, Orbx generously placed an SR-71 there!  I loved it!

PkmwwCY.jpg

ZGqSVOj.jpg

pqMeAFx.jpg

wkLx3C1.jpg

B3MfqsU.jpg

9WIJNxk.jpg

EXkpKAC.jpg

r3yGMkN.jpg

I wanted to be the first to do this.  I was laughing out loud when I heard the crew and pax groan!  :lol:

XnZRlfh.jpg

RPg8uYx.jpg

8TrZRqE.jpg

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack some mighty fine Connie shots.

So it's back to the maintenance depot to get the ceiling scrubbed clean.

:lol::lol::blink::huh::rolleyes::wacko:

Thanks Martyn!  Believe it or not, I have had to do that on real planes.  It's not fun.

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Super shots Mr. Jack !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John.  I can only imagine what it's like flying this without the engineer selected.  You'd be more busy than a one-armed wallpaper hanger!

But I'm still laughing about when I heard those groans.  The poor crew and passengers did not like it.

29 minutes ago, RJ said:

Stirring shots, Jack! :)

Thank you RJ!

1 minute ago, tom2rific said:

an amazing looking plane, like the metal finish..great shots and some great banter from all (don't know if it was that pic or the comments which made me laugh so much!)

tom

Thank you Tom!  I too was getting some belly laughs from these guys!  I love the great sense of humor here on my favorite web site on the Internet.

Also, I don't know how many of you guys work planes like I have for 30 years as a licesened mechanic and I don't even know if A2A knows this.  But do you notice the indentations in the aluminum skin on the plane?  It's called "oil-canning."  The aluminum between the stingers get physically stretched after a while from all the pressurization/depressurization cycles.  After a while it needs to be replaced.

I am sorry for the mini "lesson", I just love planes.  But A2A even got this aspect perfect.  I see this every day and all you guys who fly regularly will see it, and if it's very pronounced it means it ready for replacement.

This is why I like A2A and other study-level planes like PMDG and the Q400.  They go for every last detail which really makes immersion possible.

But, if it wasn't for Orbx I wouldn't even be wasting my time because no one does it better than the crew at Orbx.  

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It's called "oil-canning."  The aluminum between the stingers get physically stretched after a while from all the pressurization/depressurization cycles.  After a while it needs to be replaced.

great stuff !...that's what I mean...where else would I pick this info ..   

5 minutes ago, tom2rific said:

great stuff !...that's what I mean...where else would I pick this info ..   

Thanks Tom, I'm sorry if I seem like I'm bragging, I'm not.  I just love my job.  

Wiki has some good articles on it.

But just because a plane oil cans doesn't mean danger, it's designed that way.

But the 787, that's a different beast, it's composite so it won't do that.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Tom, I'm sorry if I seem like I'm bragging, I'm not.  I just love my job.  

Wiki has some good articles on it.

But just because a plane oil cans doesn't mean danger, it's designed that way.

But the 787, that's a different beast, it's composite so it won't do that.

So you have one of those little 'Airman Certificates' too.   Do you have inspection authority?  For some reason Tower Controllers have the same type certificate so, at one time, I had three in my wallet.   Like all A2A planes, the Connie loves the screenshot.

Just now, olderndirt said:

So you have one of those little 'Airman Certificates' too.   Do you have inspection authority?  For some reason Tower Controllers have the same type certificate so, at one time, I had three in my wallet. 

No inspection OnD , A&P, FCC, avionics is my specialty  although I work on all aspects of the planes.  Sheet metal, engines, hydraulics, rigging, you name it.  It's a dirty, nasty job, danerous as well as unhealthy but I love it.

A&P means Airframe and Powerplant.  FCC is for radio electronics work.

For inspection we have an entire department that does only inspections on everything.  

I work overhaul on 767/757's.  They we test fly them.

Been working planes for a total of 35 years now.  I'd do it for free.  I have wanted to work around planes since I was six years old when my grandmother whom I lived with took me to KBOS and I looked out the window and saw the guys on the ramp and I said someday I'm gonna do that.

Flew a lot too, hot air baloons, biplanes and cherokeees and 172's with friends.  Can't fly anymore though, grounded for medical reasons.  Can't even do the work I used to do, medical.  Makes me sad.

But such is life.

At least I can simulate flight.

Happy New Year, it's finally 2017 here near Atlanta.

10 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Super-duper bunch of shoz Jack!

Happy New Year!

Thanks Erik and a very happy new year to you!

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

3 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Amzing shots these Jack, wow!

Thanks Dolf!

Glad I stumbled onto this screenshot thread Jack!   Caught my eye since I live near KRDD.  Great looking shots and loved the back an forth humor for sure.  In my past life I was in Naval Aviation and loved every minute of it.   Have a great New Year and looking forward to more screens from you.

1 minute ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Glad I stumbled onto this screenshot thread Jack!   Caught my eye since I live near KRDD.  Great looking shots and loved the back an forth humor for sure.  In my past life I was in Naval Aviation and loved every minute of it.   Have a great New Year and looking forward to more screens from you.

Thanks Rob!  I've seen your YT's and also saw you do a lot of beta testing.  Love your work.   Glad you liked my shots and wish you too a happy 2017!

Archived