KBLU to KSTS

Jack Sawyer

Waco - AS16 on - ASCA uninstalled - Clouds P3D default - Global - Vector - Trees - N/A LC - Adams second to last PTA 2.0

Decided to make a leisurely flight today, the Connie is still WIP with the cameras.

The weather was nice when I left KBLU but rapidly deteriorated  along the way but cleared up somewhat when I got to KSTS, it was a most pleasant flight.

vHPcHNe.jpg

Sp06WPZ.jpg

3efs8hs.jpg

A vignette, just an experiment

gp3GUyW.jpg

a9579CS.jpg

MzO0CWM.jpg

iAymOAU.jpg

Into the soup for about 30 miles.

6Kby4Ym.jpg

sqXoVDn.jpg

rN86lyz.jpg

The default P3D clouds don't too awful bad...

ruukBfu.jpg

RLl9AWI.jpg

WzZVp15.jpg

Passing KBAB, I think...

Kwl0bX2.jpg

WmIvM1E.jpg

Lij5149.jpg

cPs50rD.jpg

WVV21YA.jpg

vN13cRo.jpg

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set these Jack.

cheers

Iain

1 hour ago, Adam Banks said:

A great series indeed! Great to see your P3D is fully r

1 hour ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Awesome set, Jack!

I decided to fly in California today too - good stuff and your KBAB looks like a fun destination.

So many potential places to fly, so little time....

Steve

1 hour ago, RJ said:

Super cool images! :)

22 minutes ago, TangoLimaMike said:

Magic shots Jack!

estored and back in action!

Adam.

Somehow my replies got all messed up.

So thanks fellas!  And Happy New Year.

We STILL have 3 hours till 2017!

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set of shots Jack.

The clouds do come out good even in default.

I really like the third from last shot.

Less than 3 hours to go for a great new start for you.

Thanks Martyn and let's hope the universe is better to me this year!

These shots are so darn clear and crisp and colorful.  In fact, they deserve a "Holy Sh*t Batman" comment from me.  And happy 2017, which should be a fantastic year of new addons and maybe new platforms.  Hope it is a 64 bit platform.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Adam, no, still there but only in the PNW, especially around 7S3

Weird!!! I just tried 7S3. No problem - and this is with all my GFX maxed out (as per usual!). Have you tried re-running the migration tool? Maybe you're missing a few textures somehow.

Adam.

6 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Weird!!! I just tried 7S3. No problem - and this is with all my GFX maxed out (as per usual!). Have you tried re-running the migration tool? Maybe you're missing a few textures somehow.

Adam.

Hi Adam and thanks for testing that for me.  I don't know why this is happening but it's not as common as before.  It only started when I upgraded P3D from 3.2 to 3.4.14.  I do not have the very latest hotfix.  

How do you re-run the migrarin tool?  I thought they did away with that tool.  The troublesooter tool shows all green.

Cheers.

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It only started when I upgraded P3D from 3.2 to 3.4.14.  I do not have the very latest hotfix.  

How do you re-run the migrarin tool?  I thought they did away with that tool.  The troublesooter tool shows all green.

Applying the latest hotifix is easy (just a CLIENT upgrade) - so that would be a start. Make an additional backup of your ShadersHLSL folder immediately after the update (and before you run P3D). This will give you a clean backup for use with PTA in case its own shaders backup function fails. Always good to have in any case.

If the troubleshooter is all green, then it looks like you don't need to do anything ;)

Adam.

3 minutes ago, Orbxtreme said:

Really interesting set Jack, nice choice of plane!

Thanks Orbxtreme!  I really like the Waco, it's easy to fly and when trimmed is hands off most of the time.  I use the GTN750 as a pop up for HSI guidance too.

And that wonderful livery is from Bernd.  It's one of the nicest liveries I've ever seen on any plane.

Archived