Unusable parking placements for KONP, et al

Aquilam

I recently purchased your beautiful Pacific Northwest scenery (Love it!!), however I'm experiencing aircraft parking placement problems on the first PNW airport I tried: KONP. Starting a flight anywhere except the runways places the aircraft in an awkward, often unusable position. (See attached).

I've experienced a similar problem with other Orbx products. I ran ScruffyDuck's Simple Airport Scanner to see if there was any other scenery conflicting with PNW KONP but it reported none. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks again for the great products!

KONP -- Park 7 -- Ramp GA Large.jpg

KONP -- Park 6 -- Fueling.jpg

53 minutes ago, Aquilam said:

I recently purchased your beautiful Pacific Northwest scenery (Love it!!), however I'm experiencing aircraft parking placement problems on the first PNW airport I tried: KONP. Starting a flight anywhere except the runways places the aircraft in an awkward, often unusable position. (See attached).

I've experienced a similar problem with other Orbx products. I ran ScruffyDuck's Simple Airport Scanner to see if there was any other scenery conflicting with PNW KONP but it reported none. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks again for the great products!

KONP -- Park 7 -- Ramp GA Large.jpg

KONP -- Park 6 -- Fueling.jpg

Have you layered your products in the correct place in the scenery library?

On 30/12/2016 at 8:23 PM, Aquilam said:

jd_jay, I let FTX Central v3.0.2.2 handle the layering. Does anything look amiss?

pnw_layers.jpg

sorry for the delayed reply. im not entirely sure.  One thing i would try is i would move your PNW entries directly below your ORBXLIBS.  Im saying to do this so it puts them above, your GLOBAL_AIRPORTS entries. or even just disable the GLOBAL_AIRPORT entries. Doesnt that include enhanced airports and arcads for default airports if your using just Global?  If that doesnt work what AI package are you using?

7 hours ago, jd_jay said:

sorry for the delayed reply. im not entirely sure.  One thing i would try is i would move your PNW entries directly below your ORBXLIBS.  Im saying to do this so it puts them above, your GLOBAL_AIRPORTS entries. or even just disable the GLOBAL_AIRPORT entries. Doesnt that include enhanced airports and arcads for default airports if your using just Global?  If that doesnt work what AI package are you using?

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm reluctant to start manually shuffling Orbx layers as that usually has disastrous results like sunken or floating runways, etc. (enough to make a sim pilot lose his mind). That's why I'm relying upon FTX Central v3.0.2.2 to figure layering out.

My AI package is Just Flight's Traffic 360.

Attached is another example of the misalignment, this time at KCVO where my aircraft isn't centered to the small GA parking spot.

2017-1-3_20-31-27-983.jpg

ok so 2 things, if you dont want to shuffle things around turn off the global_airports scenery, you have as number 6, i presume as your using sceneryconfig your happy to do that just by unticking it. if that doesnt work, double check Traffic 360 doesnt install arcade files for airports like my traffic 6 does.

1 hour ago, jd_jay said:

ok so 2 things, if you dont want to shuffle things around turn off the global_airports scenery, you have as number 6, i presume as your using sceneryconfig your happy to do that just by unticking it. if that doesnt work, double check Traffic 360 doesnt install arcade files for airports like my traffic 6 does.

Problem solved!

You were right--Traffic 360 installs a large AFCAD file named ai-traffic.bgl in \FSX\scenery\World\scenery\ and disabling that (I renamed it ai-traffic_bgl) fixed the alignment issues. Now things are looking great!

For some reason ScruffyDuck's Simple Airport Scanner did not reveal the conflict, so I thought something else might be going on.

Thanks again for your help. :)

2017-1-4_14-12-40-687.jpg

12 hours ago, Aquilam said:

Problem solved!

You were right--Traffic 360 installs a large AFCAD file named ai-traffic.bgl in \FSX\scenery\World\scenery\ and disabling that (I renamed it ai-traffic_bgl) fixed the alignment issues. Now things are looking great!

For some reason ScruffyDuck's Simple Airport Scanner did not reveal the conflict, so I thought something else might be going on.

Thanks again for your help. :)

2017-1-4_14-12-40-687.jpg

Glad to have helped and you have got it sorted. One last tip though, if you need to "deactivate" .bgl files, rename the .bgl to .off, it sounds out a lot better if your ever searching for a file that you need to switch back on.

Archived