Orbx's Lancair in HD

Jack Sawyer

Just now, BradB said:

Portland City Scape is OOM ground zero Jack , so I don't think it's the Lancair . Anyway have fun trying to charm the "snake" .

:rolleyes::(:D

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I will try more testing in different areas with and without VAS in the same condition but with HD and non-HD.

1 hour ago, FILOU said:

Look very nice Jack!

Thanks FILOU!

1 hour ago, RJ said:

Wonderful captures. :)

Thank you RJ!

50 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent shots while it lasted Jack.

Don't you know the Mamba is  very deadly.

Yeah, it can bite, especially VAS, ouch!  But man do I love that paint job.

Just now, Jorge Bach said:

Nice pics Jack. Also I'm annoying of the OOM. Ingenious phrase: I was heading back and heard the OOM chimes and then wham, P3D shit down.

Indeed shit is the first word when I have an OOM :angry:

Holy cow!  I mistyped, I did not in any way mean to type that word.  I meant SHUT down.  The I and the U are so darned close.  Mods, can you fix this?

49 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It's so easy to mistype with the u & i right next to each other on the keyboard.

Looks like the fickle finger of fate was helping you type that one Jack, I think we all know you didn't do that on purpose, but it's sort of humorous you have to admit. :D

BTW, I use the Lancair quite often and very seldom have trouble, of course I fly a little higher most of the time.  I took it from NZMF to NZMO last night for about a 45 min flight with no VAS problems, I was using the standard version of the Mamba, and only default weather themes, but using JV's high P3D settings and Adam's PTA v1 settings.

2 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Looks like the fickle finger of fate was helping you type that one Jack, I think we all know you didn't do that on purpose, but it's sort of humorous you have to admit. :D

BTW, I use the Lancair quite often and very seldom have trouble, of course I fly a little higher most of the time.  I took it from NZMF to NZMO last night for about a 45 min flight with no VAS problems, I was using the standard version of the Mamba, and only default weather themes, but using JV's high P3D settings and Adam's PTA v1 settings.

Thanks Roger, yeah it is kinda funny but I don't like to cuss.  As for the Lancair, I unfavorited all the HD versions in P3D and favorited the three same versions in normal.  But I haven't had a chance yet to fly, been so busy with the holidays.  Last thing I did a few minutes ago was to update the Q400 and then test fly it, and then test fly the F4 and then finally test the Antonov.  I'll post some shots later.  The Antonov now has a nice Alaskan livery and it looks really nice.  I flew it around Bella Coola with AS16 on and it was partly cloudy, snow on the mountains, and just a wonderful place to be.  I love that Orbx airport.  And man, that plane can take off in something like a few yards!  Amazing!  Then I have a backup going right now.  And THEN the wife wants to watch Christmas movies!  Such is life.

Just now, Wakashi said:

I'm gonna try the same flight I did last night only this time with HD and see how the VAS is at the end (if I make it to the end). Enjoy the movies!

Thanks Roger!  Please post here and let me know.  I really like this plane and I'd feel bad if I couldn't fly it.  I wonder what the difference between the regular and HD version is?  I haven't loaded the regualr version yet.  Is it the exterior textures?  Is it the interior textures?  Or is it something deeper, like the working of the plane?  

And I really like that Mamba paint job, it looks too cool!

Just now, Orbxtreme said:

Mods are already heading to your home and they will bring you a whole new keyboard. The "i" is on the extreme upper right of the new keyboard, and the "U" is in the extreme lower left. That should settle the issue! :D

:lol: Will a Dvorak keyboard work?

OK Jack, I did essentially the same basic flight with HD Mamba about 50+ nm, 30-45 min (with a couple of pauses) FL5, p3d fair weather theme, etc ended with 1GB VAS left, I guess depends totally on your system and settings as we all know.  As far as the difference in HD and SD, best I can tell it's textures only, but probably a question for someone else, basically the same plane except better looking paint I think.

2 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

OK Jack, I did essentially the same basic flight with HD Mamba about 50+ nm, 30-45 min (with a couple of pauses) FL5, p3d fair weather theme, etc ended with 1GB VAS left, I guess depends totally on your system and settings as we all know.  As far as the difference in HD and SD, best I can tell it's textures only, but probably a question for someone else, basically the same plane except better looking paint I think.

Thanks Roger, now, if you have PNW and 7S3, try it in that area.  Or around the Portland freeware area.  You may not like what happens.

On 12/22/2016 at 8:20 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Roger, now, if you have PNW and 7S3, try it in that area.  Or around the Portland freeware area.  You may not like what happens.

Have PNW and Portland City scenery but not 7S3 yet, used 4S9 as departure using SD ver MBA, and as expected it was a disaster, didn't OOM out but slideshow deluxe, I would suggest we don't fly there in that particular craft, what say! ;)

1 hour ago, Wakashi said:

Have PNW and Portland City scenery but not 7S3 yet, used 4S9 as departure using SD ver MBA, and as expected it was a disaster, didn't OOM out but slideshow deluxe, I would suggest we don't fly there in that particular craft, what say! ;)

I saw first, thanks for testing, and second, yes, I agree.  I'll have to fly that one in a less demanding area.  I think there's something about the PWN in FSX and P3D's code that makes it an OOM and low FPS part of the world.  Wish LM could fi it.

Archived