• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply amazing, - and VR will certainly be a driver for the simulation platform in 2017.  I love using my Rift in FSX today - despite limitations in resolution the immersion factor more than makes up for it.  I feel as though I am really flying rather than ever worrying about pixel fill LOL.

20 minutes ago, DesertPilot said:

I'm sold!  I'm making the simulator associated with Project A, my next flight simulator (to be used alongside my current P3D setup, of course)! :)

Yeah I think I might be right behind you.

16 minutes ago, fly2012 said:

What is that? A total new flightsim? Never heard about it.

Check out this topic for details and hints as to which simulators/platforms--we don't yet have an officially announced confirmation of the platform associated with Project A.

Looks great and really looking forward to seeing more. Question: In the distance and away from the Central Business District, I can only see trees, but no buildings. Will Orbx be looking at also displaying buildings in the distance? The pics look excellent and I am sure this will be a hit with the community.

As much as I absolutely love this it just makes me think how much more it's going to cost me to get my sim looking as fantastic as John's does.  Hell I cannot even fly from Boston to FSDreamTeam KORD using the PMDG 777 without getting an OOM.  Ugh, SMH, just not sure what to do anymore.  Looks so beautiful for others like John's shots here (Aerofly) and seems I am so far off.

You guys can call me a dunderhead, but I don't really understand, without better Orbx announcements what all this Project business is.

Is it Orbx's support for many different sims?

If so how in the heck does one decide which one to be their main sim?

If P3D goes 64 I think Orbx can modify the sceneries for it but then I'd have all my planes broken.  Way too much money.  I know I buy a lot of orbx's but there's a limit.

I wish I knew more from Orbx what they're doing.

I am afraid it will be up to us to make up our minds .. at a point. Definitely too early to make final judgements at this stage, but cards will be definitely reshuffled in the next year. Fog should start to lift around the same time in 2017.

I am only sure I will not be able to maintain and stuff with addons four platforms in parallel, but this should apply to most of us.

Kind regards, Michael

6 minutes ago, Dusterman said:

Downloading A now.  Looks like I'll be eating beans instead of steak in 2017 to pay for my flightsim addiction.

Ditto, just installed A, and now sitting on the runway, not sure how to get the plane flying. :D

Just have to find the assignments for controls, keyboard, etc. :)

After flying the incredible New York City and Switzerland add-on sceneries in Aerofly FS 2, I can see why Orbx is getting involved.  Customers will flock to the best simulators of the future, and Orbx is working to be there for them.

"A" is so easy to start, select location and aircraft, and begin flying, in a matter of seconds. Important for me, as I'm quite pressed for time.

Amazing scenery. I am tempted to get it just for the VR experience. But...

After reading a large number of reviews on Steam, I get the picture that Aerofly is a game, not a sim. It's not even trying to be a sim. I will be watching closely, but my wallet won't empty until I see real weather, physics, and deep aircraft systems. World coverage would be an added bonus but it's not a deal breaker since I fly GA only. Gimme Socal with every airport and photoreal coverage, and I'd be golden!

Much potential. I hope it succeeds.

Archived