Orbx's Lancair

Jack Sawyer

Love it. Has the best avionic suite I've seen in a light aircraft and is a good performer. Unfortunately no gtn750 intergration although there are a few available on the gtn forum but each has its problems. Wish jared would provide gtn and wx advantage radar intergration.  Pleeese jared.

3 minutes ago, petejohno said:

Love it. Has the best avionic suite I've seen in a light aircraft and is a good performer. Unfortunately no gtn750 intergration although there are a few available on the gtn forum but each has its problems. Wish jared would provide gtn and wx advantage radar intergration.  Pleeese jared.

Thanks Pete, looks like it's going to be a tough decision, another plane or airport?  But I loved the Lancair in FSX from RealAir and now can no longer buy it.  I never really considered Orbx's planes and don't know why.  I watched their video and loved it.  Looks like it's on my must buy list.

Did Jarrad make this plane?

Will it install into P3D 3.4.14, the latest version of P3D?  That's important I would imagine.

Jared chambol.....can't remember the rest....... modelled this aircraft VH-LLW on a real world lancair IV based in Albury N.S.W Australia only an hour or so from where I live. It's a lot different to the realair lancair.  This is a pressurized  4 seater capable of flying way above the weather at high speed. Still my favorite single engine aircraft and I've had a few ! Latest version flys great in p3dv3. 

I love the Aircraft and its systems. But - and that's a major drawback - it is a memory gobbler! Flying out of big city's airports like KSEA, KORD etc. in P3d3, with both autogen sliders fully to the right, I will most certainly experience an OOM no more than 20 minutes into flight. No matter in which direction I'm heading from those airports. Setting back the building autogen slider by one notch helps. Since i do not experience any OOMs with other more complex airplanes, I suspect the Lancair suffers from a memory leak.

1 minute ago, wolfko said:

I love the Aircraft and its systems. But - and that's a major drawback - it is a memory gobbler! Flying out of big city's airports like KSEA, KORD etc. in P3d3, with both autogen sliders fully to the right, I will most certainly experience an OOM no more than 20 minutes into flight. No matter in which direction I'm heading from those airports. Setting back the building autogen slider by one notch helps. Since i do not experience any OOMs with other more complex airplanes, I suspect the Lancair suffers from a memory leak.

I wonder if this is not the Lancair but the area.  It's very well known that with the original FSX code in P3D these are very heavy hitting areas.  Not Orbx's fault, just a relic of FSX's coding.  Have you done any VAS testing with the plane somewhere else?

Hi Jack, as I said, I get OOMs with the Lancair in cities with lots of autogen buildings, like KSEA, KORD, KLAX, KSFO. These OOMs are guaranteed at least 20 minutes after starting the flight. I do not get any OOMs in the same areas with the AS Airbus, Majestic's Dash or the Turbine Duke. 

23 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Never had those technical problems but, let it run on takeoff.  Premature lift off will have a voice chatting about your deficiencies.  Once cleaned up and going it'll cruise at 235 kt which really eats up the map.

Thanks OnD!  Is this the one you use in screenshots?

Again, how does it install through FTXv3?

26 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks OnD!  Is this the one you use in screenshots?

Again, how does it install through FTXv3?

That's the one.  After you've purchased via Orbx Direct, it'll be on FTXCentral under "aircraft", with an 'install' indication.  Same as a scenery - I think :)

Well, I bought it and installed and flew from Starks Twin Oaks and went out 14 miles, turned around to land and heard the chimes and wham, OOM.  So I guess it does use a lot of resources.  Maybe in a less intense area.  So I'll have to test it somewhere else.

Still, a nice plane and very fast.

36 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, I bought it and installed and flew from Starks Twin Oaks and went out 14 miles, turned around to land and heard the chimes and wham, OOM.  So I guess it does use a lot of resources.  Maybe in a less intense area.  So I'll have to test it somewhere else.

Still, a nice plane and very fast.

Jack, try the standard and not the HD version and see how that works, I have the airplane and usually get a pretty good flight out of it and never have OOM'd some low FPS in places though.  As far as loving it, I do!  :wub:  Be sure to do the Tutorial flight located in the documentation.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

I always fly the HD version and haven't seen any OOM with it. Maybe indeed it's the dense area from where you took off.

Yeah, I think because of the original FSX coding which made its way into P3D is causing this.  I think I read this here at Orbx that the PNW, especially KSEA and KFHR is a VAS vacuum.  That's too bad because I have so many Orbx products in that area.

Will ahve to attempt it somewhere else in both versions as a test.

Archived