Sodndale, beyond the airport

VH-KDK

Time to take a look away from the airport and see some other features in Andreas wonderful work.

1.at1.jpg

2.at2.jpg

On the fringes of Kaupanger

3.at3.jpg

The small location of Amla is on the left of the inlet.

4.at4.jpg

5.at5.jpg

Over the centre of Kauphanger

6.at6.jpg

Looking back towards Sognefjorden

7.at7.jpg

The open air museum on bottom right. Not sure what the track is though.

8.at8.jpg

Kjornes

9.at9.jpg

The Stedje area of Sogndale

10.at10.jpg

Too busy looking to the right and nearly flew into the cliff!

11.at11.jpg

The transmitter on top of Storhaugen Mountain

12.at12.jpg

Back at the airport and doing an orbit before landing.

13.at13.jpg

14.at14.jpg

Plenty of lights and other paraphernalia at the end of the runway.

A top class scenery this with so much to look at away from the airport.

Well Martyn

I was going to sit on Sogndal for awhile.

Not because of the quality, which is excellent, but the tsunami of Orbx releases & Xmas sales has turned the bank balance into, not excellent:mellow:

However, your shots have tipped my hand & I will soon d/l Andrea's great piece of Norwegian scenery & dust off the Tempest Mk V.

BTW - The oval track - I suspect its a harness racing training track, that style of racing is popular in Scandinavia.

TTM

21 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Well Martyn

I was going to sit on Sogndal for awhile.

Not because of the quality, which is excellent, but the tsunami of Orbx releases & Xmas sales has turned the bank balance into, not excellent:mellow:

However, your shots have tipped my hand & I will soon d/l Andrea's great piece of Norwegian scenery & dust off the Tempest Mk V.

BTW - The oval track - I suspect its a harness racing training track, that style of racing is popular in Scandinavia.

TTM

That is interesting TTM.

A lot of sales at the moment and I still have a couple more ORBX airports to add before the end of the month.

The reason I posted this set was twofold. It was mentioned about not posting too many shots of a new scenery so that folks could explore for themselves and another post said that there was very little scenery at Sogndal apart from the airport. Well I like to share my first few flights in the hope that it will give that extra little push for someone to buy the new scenery and also show the extent of the Sogndal package. I shall look out for your shots with the Tempest, should be a great flight in the steep valleys.

I know in Oz harness racing tracks are very common but I did not realise it was big in Scandinavia, thanks for enlightening me. I did look up Speedway but that is mostly Sweden and Denmark. Used to be a great night out when I lived in England and I went to see the Poole Pirates a few times many years ago.

59 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

The reason I posted this set was twofold. It was mentioned about not posting too many shots of a new scenery so that folks could explore for themselves and another post said that there was very little scenery at Sogndal apart from the airport. Well I like to share my first few flights in the hope that it will give that extra little push for someone to buy the new scenery and also show the extent of the Sogndal package.

I had seen the comment about "just the airport" and was holding off on Sogndal.  I had read the release regarding the outlying towns.  Thanks for posting more of the whole area, great shots.  Your idea worked.  I'll be picking up Sogndal this evening.  I just love Norway.  Thanks of course to Andreas.

30 minutes ago, fueliehead said:

I had seen the comment about "just the airport" and was holding off on Sogndal.  I had read the release regarding the outlying towns.  Thanks for posting more of the whole area, great shots.  Your idea worked.  I'll be picking up Sogndal this evening.  I just love Norway.  Thanks of course to Andreas.

Great, I am so glad that you have are going to buy Sogndal, very spectacular scenery which I'm sure you will like.

Your post is proof to what we like: Not only a great location which is well on the main route within a full-fat region. But also great value for money. 

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Not sure what the track is though.

Probably a Reindeer racetrack, what else?

Archived