P3D 3.4.14 test

Jack Sawyer

4 minutes ago, adambar said:

The first few are a tad to dark I think Jack and the last three are spot on. :)  But then again, what do I know. :D

Yeah, I was just testing the new upgrade without Adam's PTA, so it's quite dark.  But it'll look better next flight.  It was the first real test of that F4 and man do I have to learn to fly it.

55 minutes ago, rosariomanzo said:

Looking good. Very tempted to switch, but my machine is a bit old and I think it can't cope with the sim requirements (Apple i5 on Bootcamp).

Now that's dedication.  I used to have an i5 but never tried Bootcamp.  A friend in the UK does this with a 27" iMac and it runs FSX and the NGX and he never gets OOM's.  Imagine what that computer is doing, running its own OS, I think it's UNIX, then emulating a PC, then running FSX and the NGX.  Plus weather, GSX, and other stuff.  Amazing how it can handle all this.

Hope someday you can upgrade.

44 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Now that's dedication.  I used to have an i5 but never tried Bootcamp.  A friend in the UK does this with a 27" iMac and it runs FSX and the NGX and he never gets OOM's.  Imagine what that computer is doing, running its own OS, I think it's UNIX, then emulating a PC, then running FSX and the NGX.  Plus weather, GSX, and other stuff.  Amazing how it can handle all this.

Hope someday you can upgrade.

I hope so!

Anyway, Bootcamp is a dedicated disk partition, so the machine is only running Windows, not emulating. I have never had big problems with FSX. I still have a P3D 1.4 license, maybe I'm going to try it, it's less demanding about required system resources.

4 hours ago, rosariomanzo said:

I hope so!

Anyway, Bootcamp is a dedicated disk partition, so the machine is only running Windows, not emulating. I have never had big problems with FSX. I still have a P3D 1.4 license, maybe I'm going to try it, it's less demanding about required system resources.

Oh, I didn't know Bootcamp worked that way.  Learn something new every day.  

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Great. You're in the fight again.

Outstanding screenshots.

Voyager

Thanks Voyager!  It's fun to be back in the sim, it's all I have now.  I have aviation in my blood going back to when I was six, 51 long years ago!  Yikes, I hate Father Time!

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yup, thank goodness!  And I wish you too a Merry Christmas Stewart!  

Good to see & read your have the ground back under your feet.

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful shots Jack and so good to see you up and running again

Just remember.....

Mmmmh, what a song. There is only one other that can bring you up in a similar way:

Archived