resolved NZMF elevation issue, Airport Elevation Corrections not fixing this

Anthony Neave

Thanks for taking the time to respond Dieter. I have tried to clean install NZSI and NZMF, but nothing's changed. Uninstalling Vector seemed to help, but then I noticed that I was having the same issue at NZAA, so now I'm in the process of re-installing everything from scratch using FTX Central 3. I've even performed a clean install of Prepar3d v3.4. I'll let you know how it goes...

Edited by anthonyneave

Remember to disable Vector in Oceana. It is in the Vector Settings section. Since all seems good now, I assume you already did this but just thought I would remind you since you may have omitted to do so considering you were doing a complete reinstall of everything. It is something you could have missed to do. Vector is not required to be enabled in any Full Fat Region and can sometimes, but never always, cause elevation issues if enabled.

yes vector has the disable option for AUS but Oceana is actually AUS and NZ. The requirement for disabling Vector for AU is because it is old and Vector enabled can cause conflicts, hence the facility to disable vector in AU is offered. NZ is a relatively new Full Fat (if you have both NZNI and NZSI) and doesn't need Vector enabled either because all vector type details of coastlines, waterways, bridges, roads, pylons etc are included in the NZ sceneries. It is all encompassing, so Vector adds nothing at all to the scenery. Vector is only of use in all non Full Fat Regions like OLC NA & EU and Global.

Don't uninstall Vector but try disabling Vector in your scenery library when in NZ. Also make sure that NZMF is above NZSI and NZNI in your scenery library. See if that does anything.