Hunting for Bison on Catalina

VH-KDK

I have already found 2 herds of Bison and I have been told there are still some more to find.

These are very timid so we will have to creep up on them very quietly.

1.bh1.jpg

I think there are some up here, we shall approach them using the bushes for cover.

2.bh2.jpg

I don't think we were heard scrambling up the rocky hill side.

3.bh3.jpg

Very close now, I think they are just around here.

4.bh4.jpg

There, an M-4 Bison.

5.bh5.jpg

It must be a common sight here as the three bods by the Dakota don't appear too interested.

6.bh6.jpg

Ah, now I know why, one of them just said, "how an' the hell are we going to get this bloody great thing out of here."

:lol:  I see and LIKE what you did there Martyn!  More creativity in action.  I really thought you were gonna show us some of the real bison.  This was a surprise!  And how you gonna get it out of there?  Why put it in that world's largest Antonov of course!

Nice one Martyn! Don't suppose you saw any Bear there while you were nosing around?

And Gerold's comment has reminded me of the bottle of vodka I bought in our local cheapy supermarket. One of these new European chains operating at the discount end of the market (but actually doing some really good stuff). They had two versions of their own brand vodka - the basic version was a red label called "Rachmaninoff" but the high end, fancy black label product was the delightfully named "Putinoff". Now how could I resist something like that? £8.00 a bottle (and it tasted like it).

Archived