Strange crashes at AYPY

I'm experiencing some rather strange crashes at AYPY. I bought the package a few days ago and so far everything has been working fine but now out of nowhere, p3d crashes as soon as I take off from the airport. I can stay at the airport all day long and nothing happens, all works fine. But as soon I take off, a few minutes later, the sim freezes and GPU usage drops down to 2% then CTD. To make things interesting, this only happens when I take off from runway 14R and head straight out. If I take off from 14L and the head the other way, all is fine. If I turn around midflight and head towards runway 14R heading, as soon as I pass the airport, CTD. This makes no sense whatsoever and I'm just confused now. I changed nothing with the sim and have tried updating things and deleting cfg and reinstalling AYPy and deactivating all checkboxes....nothing. This crash still happens. I can off from another airport like Tapini and land at AYPY as long as I do not come in at runway 14R heading. This makes no sense! Help please.

Never heard of this one before, and never seen anything like it mentioned by users, you may need to enlighten us a bit more on your setup

Have any other products installed in this region/area? Vector?, FTX Global? Pacific island sims Raw-Grit?, 3rd party AI programs?

Also search for AYPY and note anything that is not within the Orbx folder

Thanks for quick reply Tim.

So I did a bit more digging last night and think I pinpointed where the issue might be coming from. Its not necessarily the direction of where I fly towards that causes the crash but rather flying over water around AYPY. I tested taking off and flying around the area in all directions and everything is find but as soon as I get within meters of the shore line, CTD. So I looked at the files, specifically the waves files, and disabled all waves by  changing the effects line in the files and so far no crash. Which in itself is still very strange issue. But this is not a solution as I do like the waves and I doubt this is a permanent fix. 

The crash in windows event viewer says p3d stopped interacting with windows ans was closed. No any other information. This is not happening anywhere else in the sim.

I have Global, Vector, and PNG mesh and Tapini package installed. No any other third party scenery in that area and no AI (default or third party).

Hi again,

AYPY has a tick box that Vector users should un-tick, but apart from that (which fixed some raised lakes) the AYPY package does not touch the main ocean shorelines in any way

As a test, leave AYPY active, but untick the Vector entries in the scenery library, that will at least determine if its an issue with Vector in this exact location, or not at all

• 1 year later...

bigtall, I'm curious what changes you made in order to get things working. I believe I am having the same problem -- I can load up a flight at AYPY, but as soon as I point the camera toward the SE shore, the runway heading of 14R, P3D crashes. Very frustrating, but your post is the only thing I can find in regards to this problem.

Nevermind, actually. I think I've narrowed it down to global AI ship traffic. Apparently there are a few fs9 models which cause CTDs and one of them happens to be in that part of the world. Getting rid of them, for the time being, has resolved the CTDs.

Archived