Introducing CAX6 Ganges Water Aerodrome

Can’t afford to visit Ganges, a delightful town on Saltspring Island in British Columbia?  Here’s your chance and it’s free. Over 70 buildings and building complexes in the town are modeled, many with high resolution textures, and many authentic on all sides.

Ganges is the home of Salt Spring Air so naturally there is a static model of their DHC2. In addition Salt Spring Air repaint textures for the default DHC2 are included in an Extras folder. Guess what; they are free too. 

Ganges is also home of Canadian Coast Guard Station Ganges and the Canadian Coast Guard Cape Class vessel Cape Naden. An AI version of this boat is modeled in great detail. (Thanks much to forum member Réal Déraps  for his technical assistance. Réal serves aboard a CCG Cape Class vessel.)  A Gulf Islands AI water taxi that goes to Port Washington is also included.

About this project: the late Jon Patch (Vancouver Plus, Victoria Plus, etc) and I were working on Ganges as a follow-on to Victoria Plus for Orbx PNW at the time of his death. I decided then I would do Ganges in my own style in his memory. I hope Jon would have liked the result.

And now a few screenshots which should give you a feel for the place:

pxC28EzwkQpAG0F58446da846f7e.jpg

sCtGZy8JPE09Vsn58446da900ec2.jpg

Ld9ff07krSWHzUG58446da864f56.jpg

QIhyizTcZ7QILgO58446daa7cbbc.jpg

RmYJZSfz8IDFewz58446dab48d59.jpg

BE2NBkRZvRvij3M58446dab3c2ea.jpg

EzHtAQ5tcPeZppA58446dab4e885.jpg

lgIgcQS6vu0M9qR58446dad12b38.jpg

SLChz2h1Djw7S3P58446dad512df.jpg

CVGrKfvk7GXoZCl58446dae0fa9c.jpg

V67BFH5ZleL4A9X58446dadc490c.jpg

MIUiSxFY2sXQUMr58446dadd269e.jpg

NPIdcbrwBQhZsPW58446db27eb9b.jpg

9dqQFr3Xyoh94d158446daf36d8c.jpg

yYzyWZ4giJLeOoJ58446db281596.jpg

0qf1qVWuz2U6gqN58446db375d6d.jpg

LlEl0ucK6wIlSM958446db4abe4a.jpg

RGIKC7NISHMbUUp58446db4d098b.jpg

P9ZZAh8PSQFTCnI58446db55b83f.jpg

PTYHD845qBO5nmX58446db5d357d.jpg

OenL2HL1M7BfVmI58446db68985c.jpg

KuELNnmwO3VY6VR58446db6c2dc8.jpg

0UVy2UULMNO0y5O58446db72c62c.jpg

htyOLNWGIk8Zq5B58446db972b54.jpg

yqzFIr0vnrHPzw658446db8b647f.jpg

AhdUk4Ba4bSgm3V58446db898d27.jpg

bKlcuyPWOQUUEjS58446dba6b1a6.jpg

SWmWm3ohXZclSHs58446db9c5c4f.jpg

yeatSXCTkkRVxku58446ff8cfd99.jpg

Hi2rf0ZAVN3B1nP58446ff8c7676.jpg

0EUoDVMsFXdEuaz58446ff8c874a.jpg

INUgveLgMK3d4My58446ffa8714f.jpg

wKHmYd4TdU3GMcK58446ffa8bb98.jpg

kbcDX0Y1OEqGS5G58446ffbd6b9e.jpg

Mgh8OrzgebtFFF058446ffc75561.jpg

ZxqMuLoTVaxFdxp58446ffc89023.jpg

0sYJkIEGvtAnJVH58446ffde5693.jpg

5ElfbUYONFmYi0X58446ffda998b.jpg

zE0Y6UqLbjwqSYl5844700037f26.jpg

dJLJtIpDuSLbm9i58446ffe617ec.jpg

1ZUzDmYVYyLo1c058446ffef2477.jpg

KEoyKxfPfzEp7AX5844700020395.jpg

Jon would be certainly happy to see this. I just re-installed Van+ and Vic+ into my new system, now looking forward to add this jewel. The Greater Vancouver region is getting better and better.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

How do we get this?  I just now had a chance to turn on the PC, start FTX v3 and I don't see it listed.  Is it still a work in progress?

Thanks.

Thanks so much guys.  One of the buildings uses some of the texture Jon was working on, so there is a little bit of Jon in the project beyond his spirit.  Jon is responsible for this in another way too; he was the one who convinced me to post some of my stuff.  I had been doing for myself, just for fun. I still do it just for the pleasure of creating something.

Jack,  barring any showstoppers that I can't solve,  Ganges should be available through OrbxDirect soon.  As for exactly when, your guess is as good as mine. For those who have not installed freeware with OrbxDirect,  think of it as payware where the price is 0.00 AUD.  Add it your account and then install with FTXC3. It's almost  too easy. Just kidding JV!

11 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Thanks so much guys.  One of the buildings uses some of the texture Jon was working on, so there is a little bit of Jon in the project beyond his spirit.  Jon is responsible for this in another way too; he was the one who convinced me to post some of my stuff.  I had been doing for myself, just for fun. I still do it just for the pleasure of creating something.

Jack,  barring any showstoppers that I can't solve,  Ganges should be available through OrbxDirect soon.  As for exactly when, your guess is as good as mine. For those who have not installed freeware with OrbxDirect,  think of it as payware where the price is 0.00 AUD.  Add it your account and then install with FTXC3. It's almost  too easy. Just kidding JV!

Thank you Larry, you're very kind to share this with us and I really appreciate it.  I will look every day on my FTX3 and when I see it I'll get it. And it is a lot easier than FTX2 in my opinion.

This is some really wonderful work here, I was looking through the screens and it was like I was a tourist there.  My wife loved it, we just sorta walked around end enjoyed being in the moment.  She now wants to visit it in real life someday.  It's a charming little village.

Just incredible Larry.  Fantastic effort and thank you in advance.  I'm sure Jon would have loved it too.  Your eye for detail and ability to recreate it in the sim is astonishing.  I have to agree with Bermuda's comment above.  This scenery is much too special to just fly over.  I will be spending quite a bit of time walking around and admiring the details up close also.

Cheers,

I'm speechless.  Your work is impeccable.  Absolutely beautiful.  The fact that you offer it as as a tribute to Jon Patch is touching. Jon is definitely smiling down on how realistic your projects look.  It's difficult to tell the difference from the simulator pictures and the real world pictures, until you see the people in the real world pictures. The fact that you are offering the scenery for free is greatly appreciated.  I would pay cash for them.  Thank you for making it available to us!

As a side note, I took a flight in FSX last night from Victoria to Vancouver in a float plane.  I love making these type flights when I can do them.  Your work is making me continue to use FSX, because I don't have a good float plane in P3D.  I cannot wait for this product to be released.  

On 6-12-2016 at 3:01 AM, Larry_R said:

Maybe some real life shots taken from near the end of the seaplane dock  would help.

IMG_0181a.jpg

IMG_0199a.jpg

First of all a very big thank you to the developers and for making it freeware. My old FS days are back! Rediscovered some old waterplanes and got them working in P3D v3.4. Even the good old Beaver, the A2A Cub, the Carenado C185, the C172 and the U206g. Last one is my favorite, because the others exept the Beaver are underpowered. Also the Ozx Goose is nice, but difficult to maneuver in the water. For the Beaver you need to change the panel cab file, found how to this on the Aerosoft forum. There are quite a few waterbases in the area I didn't know. Found them with Google Earth and kmz file, they can be recognized by the green colored symbol. 

Thanks for the pictures too, almost the same...

First of all a huge thank you again for this, Larry and I am sure that Jon would have approved

On 5.12.2016 at 3:11 AM, Larry_R said:

One of the buildings uses some of the texture Jon was working on, so there is a little bit of Jon in the project beyond his spirit.  Jon is responsible for this in another way too; he was the one who convinced me to post some of my stuff.  I had been doing for myself, just for fun. I still do it just for the pleasure of creating something.

I had to smile when I read this, Larry. I remember quite well that a few years ago Jon had posted on his private blog (that I had subscribed to after having bought his sceneries), that he has a guy working on some stellar sceneries. But he had yet to convince this man to upload this scenery somewhere. I had then asked him, whether he would be willing to share the name of this person, so that we could approach him very carefully in order to convince him too. But Jon answered that he was not allowed to share that person's name with anyone. He would continue to work with the guy and hopefully one day he would have convinced him to share his work. That person was of course you, Larry :D

Jon was a wonderful man and I guess that we all here are extremely greatful that you share your fine work with us.

Thanks so much for the further comments guys. It should not be too long now; the right stars just need to come into alignment. Thanks for the story Bernd. I really do miss Jon. He was good at things I am not, and to some extent vise versa.

Archived